Last full album you listened to?

Broskirose

I am finally listening to Shakey's new one, received as birthday present, 

220px-Neil_Young_Colorado.jpg

Review pending, however already wincing a little at lyrics such as, ''I saw old white guys trying to kill mother nature''. 

PS

It is certainly his best album since 2012's Psychedelic Pill. Colorado is a raw Crazy Horse garage album with some nice homespun ballads included. ''Milky Way'' is a near (Horse) masterpiece. Sadly hippy sentiment delivered with the subtlety of a sledgehammer lets the side down - a problem with Neil's last five or so albums. Overall though a step in the right direction. 31/2 out of five. 

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

Slipknot- We are not your Kind.

Only just managed to buy the album. Having avoided watching any of the new vids till I got the album, apart from All out life (Gutted it's not on the album). Its an amazing album, safe to say they still haven't made a bad album.

Soul Asylum's new record, Hurry Up And Wait.

On 16-4-2020 at 6:21 PM, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Weezer (The Green Album) by Weezer .

I was quite disappointed by that one when it came out because it's so slick and lacks emotion compared to Blue and Pinkerton, but it's a damn fine pop record.

22 hours ago, EvanG said:

Soul Asylum's new record, Hurry Up And Wait.

I was quite disappointed by that one when it came out because it's so slick and lacks emotion compared to Blue and Pinkerton, but it's a damn fine pop record.

There have been times when I thought the Green Album was their best work.

I change my mind a lot with Weezer.

The Age of Absurdity by Phil Campbell & The Bastard Sons.

16 minutes ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

There have been times when I thought the Green Album was their best work.

I change my mind a lot with Weezer.

There really isn't a bad song on it, but Rivers turned into this robot at that point, trying to write simple but perfect pop songs and hide his emotions as a reaction to Pinkerton. But I still think Pinkerton is his best work. After Green there are some good songs to be found on each record but he has never come close to writing anything as good as those first two records in my opinion. Maybe it's impossible because they are almost flawless.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EvanG said:

After Green there are some good songs to be found on each record but he has never come close to writing anything as good as those first two records in my opinion. Maybe it's impossible because they are almost flawless.

If Blue & Pinkerton are the top two what's three and four?

Old Lions Still Roar by Phil Campbell.

2 hours ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

If Blue & Pinkerton are the top two what's three and four?

I kinda gave up on them after Make Believe when I realized that for me it's never going to be as good as the 90's, although I occasionally checked some of it out. Everything Will Be Alright In The End has a lot of good songs on it and that's the only one post-Make Believe that I remember listening to repeatedly. So I guess that one and Green will be three and four. I like a couple of the songs on the White Album but most of it is forgettable. Pork And Beans is a great song but I can't remember any of the other songs on the Red Album. I like their new song, so I will be checking the new record out. Do you prefer post-Green Album to 90's Weezer?

Edited by EvanG