Revolver Interview with Axl Rose

So, so, so many critics! Why can't you people just be happy he gave an interview? pfft! Why must you dissect to fucking death every word he says? My God give him a break. He spoke to a journalist that writes for a magazine. It was a lovely interview. He's a lovely person. He isn't Jesus Christ. Must you live your life around his every word? I love the man, but I'm not placing all my money in a bet around what he does next and I will not be forever miserable nor mortified if he doesn't do exactly what 'I project' what 'I think he said' he will do. Can't we all just be happy that the lead singer of the band that we are all on the fan club forum of finally gave an interview? For those that are, please disregard my comments. Let's all give a big shout out of a 'Hell Yeah!' Say it with me now, 'Hell Yeah!'

He's a grown man for Christ sake. Stop defending him, he has no defense.

Perhaps sarcasm wasn't the way to go. I wasn't defending him. I was happy to see that he gave an interview. I was hoping many would feel this way rather than feeling anger. I think if we sent good vibes rather than bad, we would get the result we all want, which is most likely the same. I will try an analogy.

Let's say he opened a store many years ago. His store was filled with beautiful things that were all shiny and bright. The colors were like none other anyone has ever seen. They were magical. Things you couldn't get anywhere else in the world. The store had beautiful lights, par lights if you're a stage musician, Mexican Cantina lights if you own a restaurant, snow globes if you are a collector, lava lamps if you like those, icicle lights, Christmas tree lights, lights you can put out in the snow, lights you can hang in your tropical trees in your yard. Halloween Tree lights! These lights are the most beautiful lights anywhere. Pink Flamingo's that are adorned in lights for your yard even! Again, you can't buy them anywhere else. And everyone wants them. You get the picture?

Now, he changes partners with the other members that run the store. Partners come and go. Some of the customers are happy, some are not. He adds new lights to the store. The lights are just as beautiful to many. To some they aren't so beautiful. But they are still like no one else's lights. The old lights are still available to purchase. For many years, he doesn't make any new lights. We don't hear anything about the store for a long time. He doesn't tell us anything. Then he tells us he will be making new lights again. He keeps us waiting for the new lights. Many get angry over this. Well, they are his lights. The lights are personal to him. He doesn't owe it to us to give us his new lights until he is ready. Now he gives an interview and speaks of new lights again. I'm just happy he is talking about the new lights. So, he's mentioned the new lights before, so what! They are HIS lights. He will share them, when he is ready.

Now, if it were my light store and I thought of adding more beautiful and shiny lights to it and someone (a stranger) said, "Oh wow, that would be lovely if you added more lights, I know, I know you've said that before, but that's okay, that would be great if you do it this time. We really would love to see your new lights, why, because we love the lights you've previously made available to us before! We are happy you are thinking of it now." I would be more inclined to do so, to add more lights.

Again, if it were me, and someone (a stranger) said, "Oh bullshit, you've said this time and time again. You are so full of shit you are just talking out of your ass. You are never going to do this. Your last lights you added were crap and if you ever get around to adding more lights which you probably won't, they will most likely be crap too, and by the way, your new head light maker sucks compared to your old light maker. Why....do...you... keep... letting... me... down...? You owe me!" You know what I would do? I would whip my 9mm Glock out of my purse and drop it on them while telling them, "Hey you crazy ass stranger, I don't know your crazy ass, these are my lights and they are dear to me. I don't owe you anything. Get the hell away from me, you're scaring me and my gun might go off."

My point being, people are more receptive to your wants if you are nice to them rather than treating them like dirt. His music is his baby. You think you are going to be mean and he will give us his baby? If you want him to share something beautiful and shiny that is something he has created, then don't be an ass about it. Now if you don't agree with me, I respect your opinion. You were angry with what Axl had to say, you were angry with what I said above, if you are still angry with what I have to say rather than seeing my point you didn't read my post and only are thinking what you are going to write next.

Am I right? Or am I wrong?

The fact that he has an album ready to go tells me that there are a ton of legal issues to sort out that he's been ignoring.

There might be 20 plus people that contributed to the sound of that record and if Axl wants to make any money he has to insure that they get their fair share if their music is used. I think that's why he keeps having the current guys tweek parts of it.

I think that's what has been holding back the record. There are a lot of hurdles to jump to release a GNR record, especially when 85% of the people who contributed to the album are no longer in the band.

You have a valid point

That's all done. Ron hasn't even sniffed a vibe of more studio time. Fortus has been doing more recording, slight hint at this at live shows. Dj might have done something.

DJ is confident he's going to be on the next release, whatever it is. I bet he wrote a bunch of songs and even wrote with Axl. Probably the only one to do so in a while?

Bumble sent an argentinian tango and got rejected or ignored? His old work on Chinese will probably make it. Axl prefered his Catcher guitar parts over Brian May.

Richard, imo, is going to have a much bigger role this time around. 2-3 riffs and some leads. His Better chorus riff showed he was criminally underused by Axl.

So yeah: It has the potential to be even more cluttered then Chinese. Cluttered with even more guitarists and different styles. But Axl made it work for Chinese imo.

Axl needs to order DJ to rerecord all of Bucket's parts to keep the record "current".

Dj could do it, after all he's got a killswitch.

Need to tap into that lucrative 14 year old girl market- this is Guns N Fuckin Roses after all.

If Axl had made these same comments about CD2 even 1 or 2 years ago, this thread would be 50 pages and counting by now. Looks like the greater fanbase is smartening up a bit.

People don't buy his shit anymore. His actions speak louder than his words. And judging by his actions, GNR is going nowhere but the nostalgia endless touring way.

• Like 1