May 31, Las Vegas,NV. No Trickery!

batman007

around 3k for this past wednesday which isnt too bad considering everyone left after memorial day weekend

I'm sure the weekend shows are close to selling out

Izzy and Duff were suppose to be there next wed not tonight
This is from a poster on Metal Sludge with ties to the concert industry but take it for what it's worth.

It's Metalsludge, it's worth cocks.

Sure thing Broham except Metal Sludge/Stevie Rachelle broke the news of Dj Ashba joining Guns. Also the guy who posted the GN'R info is/was a concert promoter and has ties to the Industry. The Izzy info that people here were going on was based on a statement by a kid who successfully pretended to be Izzy and a statement by Dj Ashba I'd take Sludge's word over the kid and maybe Ashba too.

Edited by xGNRxSTARx

But it's Metalsludge bro.

So? The kids on here may have no clue who TUFF was (actually I'd be surprised if anyone really knew of them besides Groghan) but through that band Stevie Rachelle developed many contacts. Again,he broke the Dj Ashba news not any of our resident GN'R-insiders.

Guns n’ Roses confirms Metal Sludge rumor on new guitarist.

djnewpr1.jpg

Guns n’ Ashba – its official.

We told you about this about a week and a half ago right >HERE< And even before the DJ rumor we were on top of the guitarist auditions with our post back on March 5th >HERE<

But of course the jackasses on the internet said we were full of shit and no one would touch the rumor because Metal Sludge said so.

From Guns n’ Roses official Myspace site found >HERE<

Saturday, March 21, 2009

GUNS N’ ROSES NAMES DJ ASHBA AS BAND’S NEWEST AXEMAN

Category: Music

Guns N’ Roses is proud to announce that guitarist n’ songwriter Dj Ashba has joined the band for an upcoming tour.

Ashba, who officially replaces current NIN guitarist Robin Finck, is best known as co-founder of hard rock bands Sixx AM and Beautiful Creatures. "Dj’s a gifted, energetic guitarist that Guns N’ Roses is proud to have on board!!" exclaims Axl Rose. "We’re very excited to have the opportunity to work together. Guns’ radar has silently been aware of Dj’s presence for quite some time! He brings a fresh approach to our particular brand of mayhem expanding the tapestry of Guns N’ Roses live. Once Dj’s name was in the hat, the hat disappeared!!"

"It’s an honor to have the opportunity to be a part of a band that I have always loved and respected," said Dj Ashba. "I’m looking forward to working with Axl, who is not only one of the few great front men of our generation, but a true artist."

Dj Ashba co-wrote and co-produced Motley Crue’s latest album "Saints of Los Angeles," which garnered a 2008 GRAMMY nomination for Best Hard Rock Performance, as well as co-wrote and co-produced the Sixx AM album "Heroin Diaries."

Robin continues to be part of GN’R, by virtue of Guns’ history and his involvement in Chinese Democracy.

Now, one step closer to the abyss, Ashba joins a band who’s all time roster is nearly as long as it’s founder Axl Rose’s rap sheet!

We send out a HUGE congrats to a long time old skool friend in DJ Ashba and a big Fuck You to the cock suckers. Including Blabbermouth. You pricks could give some credit when credit is due. We always plug your shitty site when we steal your news, so next time we break some news plug us too you fucking jagoffs.

Metal Sludge

Metal Ashba

http://www.metalsludge.tv/?p=32524

Edited by xGNRxSTARx

But it's Metalsludge bro.

So? The kids on here may have no clue who TUFF was (actually I'd be surprised if anyone really knew of them besides Groghan) but through that band Stevie Rachelle developed many contacts. Again,he broke the Dj Ashba news not any of our resident GN'R-insiders.

Alright. I'll give Metalsludge another chance. I know Tuff btw. ;)

• Like 1

Sure thing Broham except Metal Sludge/Stevie Rachelle broke the news of Dj Ashba joining Guns. Also the guy who posted the GN'R info is/was a concert promoter and has ties to the Industry. The Izzy info that people here were going on was based on a statement by a kid who successfully pretended to be Izzy and a statement by Dj Ashba I'd take Sludge's word over the kid and maybe Ashba too.

Here's my problem with it - Walking Papers have a European tour starting on June 6th. Vegas is 10 hours behind western mainland Europe. Let's assume Guns will be done at 2 AM, since they've been going on about 11 apparently. That means it's already noon on the 5th in Europe. It's approximately a 5 hour flight from Vegas to any East Coast city that flies trans-Atlantic. Then you've got at least another 7 hours to Europe, maybe more depending on where he's flying into. Not sure where the Walking Papers tour starts, but if it isn't a pretty major city, tack on another local flight once he's in Europe. So at the bare minimum we're talking 12 hours transit from Vegas to Europe, and that's assuming he has zero layover time (Which is virtually impossible, especially when flying trans-Atlantic). That means that the absolute earliest he could get to Europe is midnight going into the 6th, but realistically it'd probably be quite a bit later than that. It's technically possible, but he'd be crazy to play two shows in approximately 36 hours that are ten timezones apart.

Believe me, I'd love to see Duff play on the 4th. But I just don't see it being feasible.

• Like 1

Here's my problem with it - Walking Papers have a European tour starting on June 6th. Vegas is 10 hours behind western mainland Europe. Let's assume Guns will be done at 2 AM, since they've been going on about 11 apparently. That means it's already noon on the 5th in Europe. It's approximately a 5 hour flight from Vegas to any East Coast city that flies trans-Atlantic. Then you've got at least another 7 hours to Europe, maybe more depending on where he's flying into. Not sure where the Walking Papers tour starts, but if it isn't a pretty major city, tack on another local flight once he's in Europe. So at the bare minimum we're talking 12 hours transit from Vegas to Europe, and that's assuming he has zero layover time (Which is virtually impossible, especially when flying trans-Atlantic). That means that the absolute earliest he could get to Europe is midnight going into the 6th, but realistically it'd probably be quite a bit later than that. It's technically possible, but he'd be crazy to play two shows in approximately 36 hours that are ten timezones apart.

Believe me, I'd love to see Duff play on the 4th. But I just don't see it being feasible.

Very legit points. I guess I meant to argue more for the legitimacy of something that Stevie Rachelle says and not just a random poster on Sludge even if that guy does have concert industry ties. I wish Stevie would break some more GN'R news!

• Like 1

I heard that Slash will be in the audience tonight. :slash:

Well, Slash's bassist posted on Instagram today that he's in Vegas. Slash's drummer lives in Vegas. If they're all there for Conspirators related stuff then Slash definitely has to be in Vegas.

Reunion starts now.

I heard that Slash will be in the audience tonight. :slash:

Well, Slash's bassist posted on Instagram today that he's in Vegas. Slash's drummer lives in Vegas. If they're all there for Conspirators related stuff then Slash definitely has to be in Vegas.

Reunion starts now.

I think Slash is in Europe promoting his new album.

Obviously Slash won't be in the audience but the fact that he can't go see the band that he helped make famous is kind of goofy. Maybe one day he can go in with a disguise and sit in the cheap seats and watch Ashba butcher his classic riffs.

Or maybe he'll fangirl over him and say he's better than the old one

Obviously Slash won't be in the audience but the fact that he can't go see the band that he helped make famous is kind of goofy. Maybe one day he can go in with a disguise and sit in the cheap seats and watch Ashba butcher his classic riffs.

Kind of like how anyone who watches Slash, has to watch Myles Kennedy butcher the same classic songs?

Myles kicks ass. Then again, DJ's playing doesn't particularly bother me either so I'm easy to please. He is annoying though :lol: