"Guns N' Roses is overrated..."

...or so this 'losing his hair, I-can't-talk-without-yelling" chubby fella says.

Don't ask me how I stumbled upon this video, I don't even know how tbh, but I found it curious and thought I'd share it with you, because he does say some relevant things.

GNR is my all time favorite band, I love them to death but on some cases I do think it's an overrated band - but not for the reasons he listed, though...

Edited by Pinball Wizard

Now if you want an overrated band then look at Nirvana.

Yeah, of all the bands in the world, I can't understand how Nirvana had and still have fans. It's just a shit terrible band.

Because there's a bunch of depressed, I hate the world people out there who think Kurt Cobain understood what they were going through and did the brave thing by removing himself from the world.

All Nirvana did was give an audience to all the shit bands of the world today like Nickleback.

Nirvana and their stupid rambling songs make no sense to me. Anyone that thinks they were on their way to becoming the greatest band ever are full of it and can go back to their crappy lives!

• Like 1

I don't understand at all how Guns n roses could be considered over rated.. I wasn't around when they were at the top but I look at the music and it's fantastic and they have some of the most memorable performances. And they did it all in a matter of what 5 years that's crazy in itself.. They have only Afew albums to show but they were so good they made a huge impact.. Nothing screams overrated at all unless he means certain songs like sweet child or somthing idk.. The general public today seem to only think gnr is sweet child jungle ycbm civil war nov rain and they also put kohd and live and let die up there (which are good covers ig), but there's so many more good songs in the bands small catalog.

I don't understand at all how Guns n roses could be considered over rated.. I wasn't around when they were at the top but I look at the music and it's fantastic and they have some of the most memorable performances. And they did it all in a matter of what 5 years that's crazy in itself.. They have only Afew albums to show but they were so good they made a huge impact.. Nothing screams overrated at all unless he means certain songs like sweet child or somthing idk.. The general public today seem to only think gnr is sweet child jungle ycbm civil war nov rain and they also put kohd and live and let die up there (which are good covers ig), but there's so many more good songs in the bands small catalog.

i think has to do more with how time has passed and how people view a band. i love gnr but a lot of people today think of them as a one album band, they look at the illusion albums and see them as inferior with a lot of filler tracks.

• Like 1

i think has to do more with how time has passed and how people view a band. i love gnr but a lot of people today think of them as a one album band, they look at the illusion albums and see them as inferior with a lot of filler tracks. [/quote

Ig I could see why some would say that,

Not everyone loves gnr. It's possible they don't like gnr and think they got too popular off of one album. That doesn't mean there overrated tho. I think in appetite lies and the illusions they have enough good songs so be considered a great band.

I also think Chinese the album adds some good tunes to the discography if nothing else.

GNR were a great band and they did a lot of great things, but for a band with so few albums, they sure had a lot of bad songs. UYI 2 is like, half perfect, half terrible. UYI 1 has way too much boring speedrock filler. Even AFD has a few stinkers. Most of the songs on TSI had no business being written and recorded by their original bands in the first place, let alone being covered by GNR.

Edited by bacardimayne
  • Like 1

GNR were a great band and they did a lot of great things, but for a band with so few albums, they sure had a lot of bad songs. UYI 2 is like, half perfect, half terrible.

that is why i think the lack of discography hurts them. a lot of bands have a career that spans 30 or 40 years that have many classic albums in that span. where as gnr it is, they had that killer album and then those 2 albums with good songs and a lot of bad ones.

• Like 2

Technology, Burger King, combined with a laptop/internet connection and everybody's a critic.

I hate shit like this and ironically it has nothing to do with the fact he's dogging GN'R. He's embodies everything I hate about this generation

Yeah, this. The overly critical and negative nature of a lot of Youtube "experts" gets annoying. It's

like they only watch/listen to/etc so that they can get online and trash it later. I mean, I understand

that that is maybe what pulls in viewers, having a controversial opinion or just otherwise dogging

something, but it gets old. GNR may have had a brisk stint at the top, but they created some classic,

timeless music while they were there. Calling them overrated for what they may or may not have accomplished,

had they not split, is ridiculous. The guy even says that he really liked the music that the band did put

out. If that's the case, then call them one of the most disappointing bands ever. But if you're going to

call them overrated you kinda have to go after the music itself, not all the external BS like Axl having an

ego.

• Like 2

I haven't watched the rview, but I don't know how GNR can be overrated. In this part of the world you hardly ever hear anything about GNR. And when you hear something, it's probably someone bashing the band or making fun of Axl.

When I think of bands that are overrated, GNR are about the last thing that comes to mind. But it's all subjective anyway. If there are bands that you can't get into, you'll always find them overrated.

Technology, Burger King, combined with a laptop/internet connection and everybody's a critic.

I hate shit like this and ironically it has nothing to do with the fact he's dogging GN'R. He's embodies everything I hate about this generation

Yeah, this. The overly critical and negative nature of a lot of Youtube "experts" gets annoying. It's

like they only watch/listen to/etc so that they can get online and trash it later. I mean, I understand

that that is maybe what pulls in viewers, having a controversial opinion or just otherwise dogging

something, but it gets old. GNR may have had a brisk stint at the top, but they created some classic,

timeless music while they were there. Calling them overrated for what they may or may not have accomplished,

had they not split, is ridiculous. The guy even says that he really liked the music that the band did put

out. If that's the case, then call them one of the most disappointing bands ever. But if you're going to

call them overrated you kinda have to go after the music itself, not all the external BS like Axl having an

ego.

When I turned 19 last week I downloaded the entire GNR discography, listened to the first 30 seconds of a couple of songs off a few of the albums and I have unequivocal proof they were overrated.

Some other nuggets of wisdom: Hendrix is overrated, Zakk Wylde is better

Led Zeppelin were unoriginal plagiarists and overrated

Everything made in the 80s was shit, even though I have no fucking idea as I was born in 1997

Nazi Germany weren't that bad, neither were Japan

Pants are better when worn three quarters of the way down your ass

Edited by DR DOOM
  • Like 2