Stars in user profiles

willl

I went to update my avatar and when looking at my profile I noticed I have a 4 out of 5 star rating. Not bad, but just wondering how this is actually calculated? To the right of my rating it says "34- Excellent" (no idea what that means, other than I'm awesome), and I have zero warning points on the forum in my 9 years of being a member here. What do I have to do in order to be considered 5* material? <_<

If some bastard has given me a 1 star rating please let me know who it is so I can reciprocate the favour :D Is it user ratings?

You get "Excellent" after like 10 likes. Really the star system is kind of shit imo. People mostly only use it to give 1 stars. Sometimes 5. But like you're only going to use it if you really dislike or like a poster.

No one sits around calculating "Gee, I think this guy deserves 3 stars...no wait maybe 4. Oh shit, he's the one who goes on about Robin Finck, isn't he? 3 it is. Oh he did make that Prostitute thread though. The one that got sent to Axl. That earns him some cred I guess?? 4 then...........WAIT A SECOND....he's the guy who disagreed with me in 'most insecure fanbases' thread. Motherfucker. 2 stars..."

Plus like, you look at Bacardi for example and he's got like 2000 likes or whatever, yet a 2 star rating.

Edited by Broskirose
  • Like 1

That's right.

You can only rate someone once - although you can go back and re-rate them. EG, If you 1 star someone, then come back and 5 star them later, that will replace the 1 star you rated them before.

It's basically impossible to stay at 5 stars if you post regularly and express an opinion. Inevitably you disagree with someone at some point and they 1 star you out of spite. :lol:

You get "Excellent" after like 10 likes. Really the star system is kind of shit imo. People mostly only use it to give 1 stars. Sometimes 5. But like you're only going to use it if you really dislike or like a poster.

No one sits around calculating "Gee, I think this guy deserves 3 stars...no wait maybe 4. Oh shit, he's the one who goes on about Robin Finck, isn't he? 3 it is. Oh he did make that Prostitute thread though. The one that got sent to Axl. That earns him some cred I guess?? 4 then...........WAIT A SECOND....he's the guy who disagreed with me in 'most insecure fanbases' thread. Motherfucker. 2 stars..."

Plus like, you look at Bacardi for example and he's got like 2000 likes or whatever, yet a 2 star rating.

I had 3 at one point. It made it back up to 4 a while ago. :shades:

• Like 1

The stars have been around forever. Basically, whenever someone visits your profile, they can "rate" you from 1-5 stars.

I remember a time before the stars. In fact, I remember their introduction.

A long long time ago.

That's right.

You can only rate someone once - although you can go back and re-rate them. EG, If you 1 star someone, then come back and 5 star them later, that will replace the 1 star you rated them before.

It's basically impossible to stay at 5 stars if you post regularly and express an opinion. Inevitably you disagree with someone at some point and they 1 star you out of spite. :lol:

This. :lol: I remember having 1 star at some point. Fuck you all for that. -_-

I don't see the point of the stars. I've never given anyone stars. I mean, I can like a post, doesn't matter who posts it. I think it's a bit childish to give someone one star if you don't agree about something.

This coming from someone with two stars, only recently 'promoted' from one star.