GRAPHIC DESIGN CONTEST: THE POLL!!

MYGNRFORUM - Graphic Design Competition  

204 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Gunns

Heres a bigger image of my one *(click on it and it will enlarge)*

sXR1850.png

The Skulls nose is a gun facing towards the viewer, with 1 gun to each side of the skull.

The skull's teeth are actually bullets.

Edited by Gunns

Some awesome work here!! My favs were bumblefeets and spirit

I went with spirit Cuz I just thought it looks slick as fuk

I'd recommend changing your vote since spirit clearly isn't going to win, and bumblefeet is losing even though he has the most votes (supporter and mid votes count for 10 times as much as a regular vote, which is dumb)

Lots of great entries (some I'm seeing for the first time). Appreciate the votes so far! Can't believe the support so far but it's still early and staff will have an impact!

I can't ask any of you to go to supporter status (though it would also be appreciated ^_^ ), I hope you all just vote for the banner you like best as we all put time and effort into this!

Edited by Bumblefeet

I don't think people should vote a design because it's a runner-up towards another, it's unfair. Vote with YOUR HEART people! Thank you by take care me. Put a shitload of effort in my design (especially the round logo).

P.s. would like to thank the people who already voted for me.

Edited by Rdeyahlxp
  • Like 4

I like Bumblefeet's banner the best by far. Just not a fan of the logo. Always hated the red stars. Would be nice to see a gun or a rose incorporated into the logo.

Oh, and the full figure shot of Slash could be brightened up a bit.

I like the logo mostly :D

Overall i like manfisman1, but the Bumblefeet logo it's pretty good so he got my vote

NachoLZ nailed it. Good job.

yeah he was cool too, but i really don't like the logo

bumblefeet's is definitely the best in terms of graphic design. The other one looks like a middle school project made in MS paint. I hope the names of the idiots voting for that one are revealed so we can blame them for how dumb the forum is going to look.

Eh, fuck you? Why do you need to disrespect other people's work when you're not participating in this contest?

Bumblefeet's work is awesome but just not good enough for the site. Does anybody know what skin we're currently using? And the colors? Nacho's work is the best fit.

I think FernandoGNR's is really good

I'm leaning towards this one as well. I like how the original band is represented. It's MYgnr forum. That's how I see it represented, for me at least. Anyone who didn't even consider the classic lineup is an automatic out.

bumblefeet's is definitely the best in terms of graphic design. The other one looks like a middle school project made in MS paint. I hope the names of the idiots voting for that one are revealed so we can blame them for how dumb the forum is going to look.

Eh, fuck you? Why do you need to disrespect other people's work when you're not participating in this contest?

Bumblefeet's work is awesome but just not good enough for the site. Does anybody know what skin we're currently using? And the colors? Nacho's work is the best fit.

I agree, how the fuck do you know which one is the best in terms of graphical design, Nargis. No offense, but Bumblefeet banner (apart from the middle) has a lot of major flaws. Those sprites of the old band are way too dark, for instance. The blue part on the right makes no sense and Bucket and Robin look awkward there. It definetly still needs a lot of work. That said, it's not my intention to trash Bumblefeet's design and it's cool he's in the lead. Good luck.

I voted for Manisfans no. 2. I really like that design.

Bumblefeet's cool, too, but I think Slash could be a bit more prominent since he did actually put down some great riffs and solos for the band back in the 80s. Not in terms of being larger or place more to the middle, but just a little less dark and perhaps wearing the tophat so it doesn't seem like he's forgotten.

Guest Gunns

I'm not biased but mine is obviously the best, and then second is bumblefeets. But mine is most certainly the best and I have no bias whatsoever.

I agree, how the fuck do you know which one is the best in terms of graphical design, Nargis. No offense, but Bumblefeet banner (apart from the middle) has a lot of major flaws. Those sprites of the old band are way too dark, for instance. The blue part on the right makes no sense and Bucket and Robin look awkward there. It definetly still needs a lot of work. That said, it's not my intention to trash Bumblefeet's design and it's cool he's in the lead. Good luck.

First off, I'm not in the lead... I have the most votes but of those votes not everyone is a supporter (those are worth 5 points) so actually NachoLZ is currently in the lead... I know the vote percentage is confusing but it's not reflective of the point score.

Second, though I respect your opinion, the reason why I chose to make the old lineup a bit darker is because they are the old lineup and the emphasis in my banner is on the current band that is more central and in the forefront in my theme (and was also my starting point). Trust me I took into account how everything relates to each other, the big fire backdrop is central highlighting the current lineup, the sides are less lighted and the figures more in shadow to give a contrast with the firy backdrops...

The reason for the blue part as well as having bucket and robin as black and white figures is a reference to the cover art of both Use your illusions I & II... I thought this would be an obvious gimmick but perhaps not. I also like how that worked against the twitter feed. At first I didn't want to do the band history thing but I ended up using the right part to showcase the previous on/off members.

Third, so far I haven't commented on the quality of the other banners, and wont do because I want this to stay fair (during the contest I also didn't want to tell my competitors on how to improve their banners lol).

Edited by Bumblefeet
  • Like 3

Thanks man, :) no need to disrespect or bash other peoples work when youre not even in the contest, but not even, ever. Opinions are always cool but thats just plain bashing. :shrugs:

Nosaj, glad you noticed it, the colors I used in the logo, icon, and banner where always to fit the whole forum, had to make a lot of choices rock4

First off, I'm not in the lead... I have the most votes but of those votes not everyone is a supporter (those are worth 5 points) so actually NachoLZ is currently in the lead... I know the vote percentage is confusing but it's not reflective of the point score.

Second, though I respect your opinion, the reason why I chose to make the old lineup a bit darker is because they are the old lineup and the emphasis in my banner is on the current band that is more central and in the forefront in my theme (and was also my starting point). Trust me I took into account how everything relates to each other, the big fire backdrop is central highlighting the current lineup, the sides are less lighted and the figures more in shadow to give a contrast with the firy backdrops...

The reason for the blue part as well as having bucket and robin as black and white figures is a reference to the cover art of both Use your illusions I & II... I thought this would be an obvious gimmick but perhaps not. I also like how that worked against the twitter feed. At first I didn't want to do the band history thing but I ended up using the right part to showcase the previous on/off members.

Third, so far I haven't commented on the quality of the other banners, and wont do because I want this to stay fair (during the contest I also didn't want to tell my competitors on how to improve their banners lol).

Thanks for the elaboration, it's a lot clearer now. Couldn't see the UYI reference because the left side of the banner is more orange than yellow IMHO. Cool idea none the less. Like I said before, good luck and may the best one win.

• Like 1

I don't think people should vote a design because it's a runner-up towards another, it's unfair. Vote with YOUR HEART people! Thank you by take care me. Put a shitload of effort in my design (especially the round logo).

P.s. would like to thank the people who already voted for me.

I Agree, when the fuck did this get so boring and "cold strategic" :lol: , I cant believe people are not voting in the designs they really like because they "lost their chances". chill!

Ahh, we can see who voted for what...

EvH, valengf, jekylhyde, Mansin Humanity, Haters Gonna Hate, estrangedtwat, Silent Jay,Nosaj Thing, Jakey Styley, ManetsBR, NachoLZ, NicoRourke, Kasanova King, liers,Yesterdays-Civil-War

You probably should have removed your fist from your anus and made the effort of contributing, like these guys have intended to do, rather than come here and bash their efforts.

• Like 1

EvH, valengf, jekylhyde, Mansin Humanity, Haters Gonna Hate, estrangedtwat, Silent Jay,Nosaj Thing, Jakey Styley, ManetsBR, NachoLZ, NicoRourke, Kasanova King, liers,Yesterdays-Civil-War

You probably should have removed your fist from your anus and made the effort of contributing, like these guys have intended to do, rather than come here and bash their efforts.

says the idiot with a wrestler in his signature LOL

says the idiot with a wrestler in his signature LOL

What wrestler?

It's Mel Gibson portraying Scottish Icon William Wallace in the critically acclaimed 'Braveheart'.