Is Duff the Most Unrecognizable Rockstar From Then to Now?

Duff made an unbelievable turnaround and looks like a million bucks. And if you watch some old YouTube videos of him 'then vs now' it's crazy. Axl is close to being unrecognizable in the opposite way..he's gone so downhill in looks. He (iI'm not being gay) had so much sex appeal, looked great and now....not so much. Hope he turns it around.

• Like 1

I don't know why but I always cringe when people say "I'm not being gay". You can talk about a man's looks without sounding gay. You don't need to clarify. Especially since no one cares even if you are.

Duff isn't that unrecognizable. I think people overrate how "good" he looks now. He kind of looks like shit if you ask me. Never got the whole appeal of him then or now. Just some mumbling old guy who can't sing.

• Like 3

I don't know why but I always cringe when people say "I'm not being gay". You can talk about a man's looks without sounding gay. You don't need to clarify..

Yeah- if I comment on a guy being sexy or having sex appeal/looking good I'm gonna clarify. *I don't know why people care if I do.

Duff is still pretty recognizable his face only looks old but you can clearly tell it's him. Axl was looking so good back in the day like he was the sexiest rockstar around to most of the people and i guess in 2009 2010 he still looked amazing and pretty sexy for a man his age but now, he is a shade of what he was, sometimes in professional show pics he still looks good and in others he looks so bad/fat/ugly so comparing to duff i suppose axl is the one who changed the most

• Like 1

I agree about it being Duff. Look at Mckagan during the Illusion tour: big pot belly hanging out of a pair of unbuttoned jeans; peroxide long hair; wasted as hell; probably smelling of pee. Now Duff is a lean mean musclebound punk.

I think Izzy is the least recognizable.

I don't know why but I always cringe when people say "I'm not being gay". You can talk about a man's looks without sounding gay. You don't need to clarify..

Yeah- if I comment on a guy being sexy or having sex appeal/looking good I'm gonna clarify. *I don't know why people care if I do.

Cos you really don't need a reason to clarify? No one will think of you differently if you don't.

Duff looks like a combination of himself and Iggy Popp. It's cool. Gilby hasn't changed AT ALL in 20 years. He really should be like a coverboy for Olay Regenerist or something. I think Axl is almost unrecognizable. Izzy has aged okay and Slash still looks like Slash. Steven looks similar, just lopsided. Matt looks like a starving version of his former self. He used to have a barrel chest and arms like cannons. Now...notsomuch.

• Like 1

I think slash looks exactly the same except he's little rounder.

Duff looks a lot better obviously, in great shape. He's always had tough face skin though, he's said he has acne scars.

Stephen looks like a melting version of his old self.

Axl when he takes off the glasses hat and bandana still looks like himself, but a 52 year old version. Same for izzy.

Matt looks way better.

What sticks out for me the most with Axl is his veneers. He never had giant, brilliantly white teeth and now he does.

Agreeing. And they look so screamingly unnatural. You'd think someone with money like him could have gone to fix better dental work for his looks. Then again....

• Like 1

What sticks out for me the most with Axl is his veneers. He never had giant, brilliantly white teeth and now he does.

He did have bad teeth at the end of the 80s. In the beginning of the 90s, he already had white teeth though.

axl%2Brose%2Bwelcome%2Bto%2Bthe%2Bjungleaxl_rose_arrest_st_louis_guns_n_roses.jp

He did have bad teeth at the end of the 80s. In the beginning of the 90s, he already had white teeth though.

axl%2Brose%2Bwelcome%2Bto%2Bthe%2Bjungleaxl_rose_arrest_st_louis_guns_n_roses.jp

Yep. He seems to have gotten the teeth fixed as soon as AfD touring stopped. This interview is from 1990 and his teeth are very obviously in much better shape.

hqdefault.jpg

For the original question, I don't think that Duff is unrecognizable. He simply looks as though he got in shape. All of them are recognizable to me, including Axl. The only time Axl really did seem unrecognizable to me was in the midst of the braids and sports jerseys phase. He looked like a different person there.

Edited by stella

I still can't believe how bad Axl looks, so much so that those pics with him kissing that blonde chick gave me the creeps.

Slash just looks kinda sad in his teenager rock clothes but physically he's not doing too bad. A few weeks with the right trainer and he'd be looking great for his age. Then get him out of the stonewashed pipecleaners and get some decent rock gear for the older gent and he'd be back.

Matt, Duff & Gilby are the boys that show the rest of them up.