"He’s begun thinking about putting the original group all back together for a global tour" - Don Marrandino

8cb4697e-8d3c-11de-923c-001cc4c002e0.pre
The return of hotel executive Don Marrandino to Las Vegas as the possible future head honcho at the off-Strip Hard Rock Hotel has sparked a series of rock and roll rumors. Don will not confirm reports that he will eventually take over as COO there when current negotiations are concluded.
Over the weekend, Oscar-winning actor and Las Vegas resident Nicolas Cage joined comedian Andrew Dice Clay to watch Guns N’ Roses’ closing shows of their “No Trickery: An Evening of Destruction” mini-residency run at the Joint. I’m reliably told that business at the box office has been phenomenal and even better than frontman Axl Rose anticipated.
“So much so, he’s begun thinking about putting the original group all back together for a global tour. That would be the biggest-selling rock tour of all tours,” one knowledgeable insider told me.
And Don himself told me: “They are definitely thinking of returning for another mini-run at the Hard Rock. We’ve already had conversations about converting one of the restaurant venues into a Guns N’ Roses hangout with its own barbecue and hamburger lineup.”
Don was at restaurateur Elizabeth Blau’s advance birthday party for “Iron Chef” winner Kerry Simon, and Don and Kerry talked burger recipes for Axl to try. Don also confirmed that his pal Sammy Hagar will have a lineup of rockers join the July 2 kickoff of the new Soundwaves sessions they’re planning at Paradise Pool in the Hard Rock. That debut will be a journey through the history of rock.
Meantime, intriguing posters about KISS have begun popping up in town, triggering talk of Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley agreeing to a mini-residency at the Hard Rock. Don did say: “Rock will be back full force at the Hard Rock.”
Kerry’s advance birthday party was a salute to the chef battling the neurodegenerative disease Multiple System Atrophy, a rare condition similar to but far more advanced than Parkinson’s. Among those at the party: Zappos magnate Tony Hsieh, Elizabeth’s husband chef Kim Canteenwalla and chef Grant McPherson.
Don joked that he’d actually given Kerry the last name of Simon when his “real name” of Moskovitz wouldn’t fit on the original Simon Kitchen & Bar at the Hard Rock.
“Nobody knew his real name all these years. The game of Simon Says just flashed into my mind, and he’s stuck with it ever since,” said Don.
Robin Leach has been a journalist for more than 50 years and has spent the past decade giving readers the inside scoop on Las Vegas, the world’s premier platinum playground.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/vegasdeluxe/2014/jun/09/guns-n-roses-tour-expand-hard-rock-hotel-residency/

Edited by SeBaZ

Barely two days out from the last show of the residency and here we go again..... The reunion is back on..

This thing has gone too far now to turn back. The only way it would ever work is get the original lineup back and do pre-chinese democracy material and Axl isn't about to just forget the CD era.

the success of this residency will probably have only made axl more bullheaded in regards to a reunion, so if it's ever gonna happen, probably not for a long time.

the way i see it at this point, they'd maybe do a one-off performance years from now when they're all in their 60s or something, and the current band is dissolved and axl doesn't have anything to lose by getting on stage with them. but the day he gets back on a stage with slash, he knows it'll undo everything he's worked toward so far, so why risk it? that's why he didn't show up to the RNRHOF awards, imo.

i know it's disappointing for the gnr haters, but there will be a gnr reunion, no doubt about it.

I dunno. I kinda don't want one. I'd prefer to remember them as they were in 93.

reunion would be more exciting than what we have now. covers are boring.

i know it's disappointing for the gnr haters, but there will be a gnr reunion, no doubt about it.

I dunno. I kinda don't want one. I'd prefer to remember them as they were in 93.

reunion would be more exciting than what we have now. covers are boring.

Yeah I guess