"He’s begun thinking about putting the original group all back together for a global tour" - Don Marrandino

The only way a reunion happens is if Axl and Slash have a conversation. I don't see Axl's anger going with him in a personal conversation with Slash. I think they would be able to talk it out and find some common ground.

Reasons why this is possible: if Bumble leaves then I don't think Axl would start looking for a new guitarist. This GNR would fizzle out and the possibility of a reunion gets very real. Maybe Axl would rather it not happen, but if "he gets the ball in his court" then it could be the next step.

Not again. Axl is not open to a reunion. There's nothing more to it at this point. I've heard anecdotes from fans in Vegas who heard him address the reunion issue privately. His answer is still "not in this lifetime".

This. This is the simple yet harsh reality.

The fact is that people have realised that if they mention GNR reunion they will end up with a nice media interview. Don is only mentioning it to pimp the hard rock, which he does later in the article... Same as Craig Duswalt, he has no inside knowledge, he's just plugging his book and it's a good thing to say to gather interest.

Yeah, not gonna happen... It would be cool, even though I like the current line-up too. Actually, for a reunion all you need is Axl, Slash and Duff. The rest is just bonus. Those three plus Pittman, Fortus, Bumble and Frank would be great. But still, a reunion is not gonna happen.

The fact is that people have realised that if they mention GNR reunion they will end up with a nice media interview. Don is only mentioning it to pimp the hard rock, which he does later in the article... Same as Craig Duswalt, he has no inside knowledge, he's just plugging his book and it's a good thing to say to gather interest.

Nail on the head.

Yeah, not gonna happen... It would be cool, even though I like the current line-up too. Actually, for a reunion all you need is Axl, Slash and Duff. The rest is just bonus. Those three plus Pittman, Fortus, Bumble and Frank would be great. But still, a reunion is not gonna happen.

A reunion seems like an impossibility at this point and has for years but if it were to happen no fucking way in hell does Slash participate in a GnR reunion that features 3 guitarists. Plus NOBODY wants to see that shit and nobody wants Pittman in a reunion. Axl, Slash, Duff, Dizzy, choose your drummer and choose your rhythm guitarist(at this point it would be Izzy or Fortus) and that's it.

The burger and barbecue joint will probably happen.

"Knowledgeable insider" would know better than making a comment about reunions.

GNR doing an annual residency would be a good thing, and if they had an exclusive deal with them and could play at or near other Hard Rock Hotels.

Oh for sure. Axl and slash are actually holed up together at the Hard Rock right this very moment, experimenting with BBQ recipes and trying to come up with the prefect burgers for Hard Rock and this gentleman who gave the interview.

GNR lives to serve Hard Rock Cafe!

Bullshit. Dont wanna spoil the party guys, but think of couple possibilities that are...err...impossible or close to being so...First, Axl not wanting this...Second, Slash is an asshole in his own way, but he's way too sane and reasonable for accepting having to deal with Team Brasil..he just wont cooperate with them on any level...THAT would be the real influence (authority) fight, not Axl vs Slash...Just think about it.....Its not only about Axl wanting or not wanting it..its also about Slash and TB role in the bigger picture of things

the success of this residency will probably have only made axl more bullheaded in regards to a reunion, so if it's ever gonna happen, probably not for a long time.

the way i see it at this point, they'd maybe do a one-off performance years from now when they're all in their 60s or something, and the current band is dissolved and axl doesn't have anything to lose by getting on stage with them. but the day he gets back on a stage with slash, he knows it'll undo everything he's worked toward so far, so why risk it? that's why he didn't show up to the RNRHOF awards, imo.

exactly. Why would Axl go back to the old guns if he's doing well financially? We know he wasn't happy artistically.

the success of this residency will probably have only made axl more bullheaded in regards to a reunion, so if it's ever gonna happen, probably not for a long time.

the way i see it at this point, they'd maybe do a one-off performance years from now when they're all in their 60s or something, and the current band is dissolved and axl doesn't have anything to lose by getting on stage with them. but the day he gets back on a stage with slash, he knows it'll undo everything he's worked toward so far, so why risk it? that's why he didn't show up to the RNRHOF awards, imo.

exactly. Why would Axl go back to the old guns if he's doing well financially? We know he wasn't happy artistically.

I think it's waaaaaaaaaay deeper than anything to do with finances.

Bullshit. Dont wanna spoil the party guys, but think of couple possibilities that are...err...impossible or close to being so...First, Axl not wanting this...Second, Slash is an asshole in his own way, but he's way too sane and reasonable for accepting having to deal with Team Brasil..he just wont cooperate with them on any level...THAT would be the real influence (authority) fight, not Axl vs Slash...Just think about it.....Its not only about Axl wanting or not wanting it..its also about Slash and TB role in the bigger picture of things

Absoltuely correct.

Slash, Duff, or whoever would never, ever, ever let TB run the tour. And even if you tried to say they were Axl's managers and would work with the managers of the other guys...do they even entertain that? I really doubt it.

Think about it. I don't even know who manages Slash and Duff these days. But despite not knowing them, I have full confidence assuming they are more experienced and professional than TB. So are they going to put up with TB's bullshit? Not likely.

• Like 1