"He’s begun thinking about putting the original group all back together for a global tour" - Don Marrandino

if axl does a reunion i'll stop being a gnr fan. Integrity above all else

axl lost his integrity many years ago when he started using the name of a band that doesn't exist anymore.

That's funny, refusing to call it quits when the UYI lineup fell apart but stubbornly labouring on despite all the problems -- including those caused by his own shortcomings -- to continue with his vision of the band, speaks of integrity to me :shrugs:

That's one word for it.

Why though?

You aren't friends and buddies with Axl, so why would you care about his "integrity" level?

Was playing a wedding for cash a great moment in terms of an artist's integrity? Was not showing up for shows or walking off stage during shows showing you large amounts of integrity?

Would it matter to you if a private recording came out tomorrow where Axl said that he hated all the classic GnR fans, he thought GnR fans were stupid, and from day one he just made music to make as much money as humanly possible?

I don't get why Axl's integrity would matter to anybody, unless you were in his band or a family member or close personal friend.

Axl is a singer who puts out music.

We choose to buy it or listen to it.

I couldn't care less about his integrity or what type of person he is in real life. Makes no difference. The music is what is important to me - a fan. Not if he cheats on his taxes, beats his girlfriends or whether or not Nov Rain is about his pet dog dying, something he wrote while high, something he wrote specifically because he needed drug money, or if it was about a woman he loved.

That's just for me though.

I'm in love with the music.........not the personal life/feelings of who wrote/performs it.

Why not?

In some years its posible.

Bruce Dickinson returnet to Iron Maiden.

David Lee Roth returned to Van Halen.

Ozzy Osbourne returned to Black Sabbath.

Vince Neil returned to Motley Crue.

In Rock N Roll all is possible. I will dream with a original line up world tour.

Also, Pink Floyd @ Live 8. But despite all of those things, a GnR reunion isn't going to happen. The dynamics are entirely different. Let's say that by some divine intervention mixed with dark rituals from a high voodoo priest and someone collecting all the dragonballs Axl and Slash patch things up. That won't mean the road is clear. Slash is invested in his solo career and writing with Myles. Izzy still doesn't want to be in a stadium-sized rockband full-time. Not with GnR, not with VR and he won't want it now. Duff also has Loaded and all his other projects. And then there's Axl who has been trying to re-build Guns n' Roses with all the current guys. Do any of you think he'll happily kick them to the curb just because he's pals with Slash and Duff again? Re-uniting the original Guns n' Roses would destroy everything he's been trying to do since. And you can say all you want about Axl, but he's never been disloyal. He won't dump all those guys just because Slash and Duff would be available. Which, incidentally, they aren't.

David Lee Roth spent years trying to prove that he WAS Van Halen and swallowed a reality pill before rejoining. Ozzy became bigger than Sabbath and still went back. When Alice Cooper reunited with his old band everyone was amazing and gracious, and it was actually the band that didn't want to tour, not him. He did the same thing (Take the band name, go solo) as Axl has. I don't buy the "destroy everything I've worked for" theory, because unless Axl's completely blind, he's digging a hole to China. You can work and work all you want, but unfortunately if hard work was the answer to taking a new lineup to the level of one of the greatest rock bands of all time, many, many more bands would still be successful. And really, let's be honest. Where's the hard work and "all the time I've spent building what we have"? A few tours? 4 new songs a show in a 3 hour set? One new album in 20 years? May as well just cut his losses now instead of sulking about how another 5 years have gone by in 5 years.

Leaked reports:

1) Axl Rose is retiring and the band has been told their calendars are clear.

2) Bumblefoot is leaving the band.

3) Axl has begun thinking about putting the classic lineup together for a tour.

4) Axl and Duff attempted to convince Izzy to come down to play Vegas.

5) Axl and Izzy had a meeting to reunite for the RRHOF but Axl didn't show up.

Common Sense Info:

1) Duff did an entire tour with the band for the first time in 21 years.

2) Axl has said "That's not the Duff I used to know" and looks forward to working with him again.

3) Axl and Izzy are on good terms apparently, as Izzy played with the band recently despite this "no-show" RRHOF meeting.

You've now got 5 leaked stories and 3 favourable common sense incidents pointing to everything being right between Axl/Duff/Izzy, and the current band taking a long break.

All I'm saying is, when you've got 5 leaked stories in two weeks (not grasping at straws as I could have included Duswalt's uninformed prediction of a reunion), and three original members on collectively better terms than they've been since '88, anything is possible. I haven't heard "Slash is cancer/Not in this lifetime" talk for a couple years now.

If Don was speaking the truth, it would be interesting to hear the scenarios you think Axl could be thinking about right now given his current band and future plans, and plans beyond that once all material is released.

What would be an acceptable happy place for all current and former members

If Don was speaking the truth, it would be interesting to hear the scenarios you think Axl could be thinking about right now given his current band and future plans, and plans beyond that once all material is released.

What would be an acceptable happy place for all current and former members

An interesting dynamic would be what would happen to the CD leftover songs? General, Soulmonster, etc.

Would Axl present them to the old guys to play? Would Izzy and Slash be OK with recording an album full of songs that were written (some of them) by guys like Bucket? Or would they want to only record songs that they wrote together? Would the old guys be willing to play Better and TWAT live? Would Axl be OK scrapping the CD2 songs, or would he save those for a solo release?

Out of loyalty, I would think Axl would release CD2 and then let the current band tour the album for at least a year, so they could financially be compensated for their years and years in the band.

Realistically I'd say that's the route that would have to happen first.

CD2 and a tour.

Slash finish up with his new album and tour.

VR would have to stop looking for a new singer.

A reunion in the next six months or year just doesn't make sense.

If Axl agrees to a reunion it would be so disappointing. He's said it so many times "no" and "one of us would be dead" before a reunion happened, which he meant Slash.

I think possibly one day, Duff and Izzy might play with Axl at some point, but I really doubt Slash would ever be welcomed back to GNR.

I commend Axl for sticking to his beliefs and saying no even for millions of dollars.

In this case, if Axl allowed this, he lost all his remain credibility.

From that point if this happens, i officialy wish him to retire and starting to cupcake the band, the crew, the forums etc. as much as humanly possible

To call this the minority opinion would be the understatement of the year.

No one is going to give a wet fart about the integrity of it all and what he owes Tommy Stinson. Let's be real here. The overwhelming majority of us still following the current line-up would be onboard. And think of all the people that stopped following him altogether. They come back.

And someone is going to care "man, we'll never get the Bucket/Finck stuff now"? Be serious.

In this case, if Axl allowed this, he lost all his remain credibility.

From that point if this happens, i officialy wish him to retire and starting to cupcake the band, the crew, the forums etc. as much as humanly possible

To call this the minority opinion would be the understatement of the year.

No one is going to give a wet fart about the integrity of it all and what he owes Tommy Stinson. Let's be real here. The overwhelming majority of us still following the current line-up would be onboard. And think of all the people that stopped following him altogether. They come back.

And someone is going to care "man, we'll never get the Bucket/Finck stuff now"? Be serious.

it would be the biggest tour of the year if it happened but really why would Axl want to do such a tour as he is making a comfortable living milking the Guns legacy and really does not need the others at this point.............. :shrugs:

axl lost his integrity many years ago when he started using the name of a band that doesn't exist anymore.

That's funny, refusing to call it quits when the UYI lineup fell apart but stubbornly labouring on despite all the problems -- including those caused by his own shortcomings -- to continue with his vision of the band, speaks of integrity to me :shrugs:

And what would that "vision" be exactly? playing the same setlist filled with old Guns songs over an over and never releasing new music?.................that speaks integrity to you?......................really?

And what would that "vision" be exactly? playing the same setlist filled with old Guns songs over an over and never releasing new music?.................that speaks integrity to you?......................really?

But it speaks of integrity to Axl. "Look, I'm keeping this ship sailing. I did it, without Slash."

Why not?

In some years its posible.

Bruce Dickinson returnet to Iron Maiden.

David Lee Roth returned to Van Halen.

Ozzy Osbourne returned to Black Sabbath.

Vince Neil returned to Motley Crue.

In Rock N Roll all is possible. I will dream with a original line up world tour.

Also, Pink Floyd @ Live 8. But despite all of those things, a GnR reunion isn't going to happen. The dynamics are entirely different. Let's say that by some divine intervention mixed with dark rituals from a high voodoo priest and someone collecting all the dragonballs Axl and Slash patch things up. That won't mean the road is clear. Slash is invested in his solo career and writing with Myles. Izzy still doesn't want to be in a stadium-sized rockband full-time. Not with GnR, not with VR and he won't want it now. Duff also has Loaded and all his other projects. And then there's Axl who has been trying to re-build Guns n' Roses with all the current guys. Do any of you think he'll happily kick them to the curb just because he's pals with Slash and Duff again? Re-uniting the original Guns n' Roses would destroy everything he's been trying to do since. And you can say all you want about Axl, but he's never been disloyal. He won't dump all those guys just because Slash and Duff would be available. Which, incidentally, they aren't.

David Lee Roth spent years trying to prove that he WAS Van Halen and swallowed a reality pill before rejoining. Ozzy became bigger than Sabbath and still went back. When Alice Cooper reunited with his old band everyone was amazing and gracious, and it was actually the band that didn't want to tour, not him. He did the same thing (Take the band name, go solo) as Axl has. I don't buy the "destroy everything I've worked for" theory, because unless Axl's completely blind, he's digging a hole to China. You can work and work all you want, but unfortunately if hard work was the answer to taking a new lineup to the level of one of the greatest rock bands of all time, many, many more bands would still be successful. And really, let's be honest. Where's the hard work and "all the time I've spent building what we have"? A few tours? 4 new songs a show in a 3 hour set? One new album in 20 years? May as well just cut his losses now instead of sulking about how another 5 years have gone by in 5 years.

Dave's solo albums sound little to nothing like Van Halen, maybe the one with John 5 is the closest , and that's only because the reunion had just happened and fell through around that time.

Iommi kind of ran the Black Sabbath name into the ground. Sharon took on the manager role of Black Sabbath, which also played into why Dio, Tony and Geezer used Heaven and Hell. Sabbath was a huge influence on 90s bands so the first Ozzfest being solo Ozzy and 3/4 Black Sabbath was a good show for Ozzy fans.

Alice Cooper's relationship with his former bandmates had been pretty good and it didn't hurt that they all wrote most of the hit songs together, but he wanted to do acting and do different types of music. Alice has his reasons why he doesn't do a full Billion Dollar Babies tour.

Financially, Axl gains nothing from a reunion tour that he can't get with the current lineup. If he decided to make 100 million dollars and retire from music, he can find a way to "scrape" it together in corporate gigs.

But it speaks of integrity to Axl. "Look, I'm keeping this ship sailing. I did it, without Slash."

Not too hard to keep the name going when you own the rights and are the top dog with a group of talented hired hands with you setlist heavy in the old Guns songs though....sorry but I don't see the integrity in that............. :shrugs:

I don't want a reunion for touring cuz I'm fed up with the "old songs". If they reunite for anything, should be for making a new GNR album. But having ChinDem around I don't know how the old-line up would accept make that kind of music. At least, Slash didn't want it in that direction (now I just remembered he commented on CD but I don't know what he said). Evidently, Duff likes CD, so I have no doubts he would reunite for touring and for writting with Axl. Izzy, I don't know.

However, and above all, I'd love for Axl to reconcile with Slash, not for reunion but for the sake of his mental and spiritual health. It's not good to harbor such feelings in your heart for so long. And I hope Axl's entourage and Perla Hudson stop being asses putting barriers to this reconciliation. Just let them be!

• Like 1