**FAQ UPDATE IN FIRST POST 6/18** Guns N' Roses Ritz 1988 DVDR

A pro shot is very cool. But we seen the edited version a million times. Call me when it's the WHOLE thing.

Stop being a dick, seeing this in top quality with uncensored audio is amazing.

This show should have been released with Appetite on a deluxe edition of the album, that will never happen and this is the closest we will (more than likely) ever get to an official quality version of the show

• Like 1

People, calm down. its the edited show ~59min from an MTV promo VHS. the bonus will be "mama kin" (from the circulating version but with more synched audio this time) and maybe a little more (depending on whats left on disc space).

BUT.....the image quality is killer, sharp as hell. and the audio is from the more uncensored radio broadcasts (Westwood One). this is a beast!!!

So no rehearsal footage

Still cool, though

"Stealmylife" said its best:

"This show should have been released with Appetite on a deluxe edition of the album, that will never happen and this is the closest we will (more than likely) ever get to an official quality version of the show!!"

to all fans just wanting it on youtube or whatever......feel free to do so or to wait til someone uploads it there. but this vhs source looks absolute best on tv/stand alone player, because....thats what vhs was made for! as a result i will outmax the quality totally(!) for this format: dvd in 720x480 standard resolution with video bitrates around 8000 and with uncompressed and (mostly) uncensored audio not from bootlegs but from official Westwood One radio broadcast CDs ripped with EAC and synched properly. some nice motion menus and bonus included.

in the end its your decision to grab it for free(!) or not. why should i care? i'm just very happy to be able to work on this historical GN'R show and to give fans something the band should have given us officially years ago: a quality product from Ritz'88!

i'll come back on this when project will be finished. as for now it seems the gnr tracker is down, so it might be uploaded in the end of June on "The Trader's Den"-tracker (and BEFORE the Mickey Vegas'12 release ;) ).

Edited by Lim666
  • Like 1

wth?
dont click on "download" (this gives an .exe-virus).....but on "click here to download with sendspace".

whats wrong with those sendspace-dudes? damn!

those horizontal lines aint to be seen on tv/stand alone that hard.

those horizontal lines aint to be seen on tv/stand alone that hard.

Not sure exactly what you're trying to say here. Is your point that you won't see the lines on a real TV? Because you most certainly will. This is a common problem when working with old analog video and there are ways to fix it. If you don't know what you're doing, then you should work with someone who does. It would be better to fix see issues during the capture from the VHS rather than someone else doing it with your capture.

i'm meaning what i've said: on tv/dvd stand alone player you wont have to suffer from those lines that much - as i've verifed that a couple of times already.
on computer (and maybe other devices) you will.
those lines aint sourced from a bad capture but from a sharpness filer i've used afterwards. yes, the filter does alter the original video a little, and yes....on other devices/computer some horizontal lines might pop up here and there. but on the other hand the more sharpen image gives so nice more little details from our 5 AFD boys that i've decided to use this filter. no other version has this sharpness IMO.

• Like 1

i'm meaning what i've said: on tv/dvd stand alone player you wont have to suffer from those lines that much - as i've verifed that a couple of times already.

those lines aint sourced from a bad capture but from a sharpness filer i've used afterwards. yes, the filter does alter the original video a little, and yes....on other devices/computer some horizontal lines might pop up here and there. but on the other hand the more sharpen image gives so nice more little details from our 5 AFD boys that i've decided to use this filter. no other version has this sharpness IMO.

Whatever you say bud LOL

"Not sure exactly what you're trying to say here".

and i dont think is should even care. Is your point that you dont trust my video transfers and editing, alright, good night!

Much appreciation for your release.

Sorry about some of the others negative comments. The nitpicking what causes a lot of people from releasing things. But I trust every release youve done and Im sure this will be a good one.

You are dumb and should stop ruining things you should be trying to preserve.

This is the same guy who ripped the Paris 92 blu ray so it's definitely in good hands here

And guys he's doing this for non profit so shut the fuck up

This would be a great first upload to the new and improved Gnr tracker

what happened to that site?

yes, it will be some nice, dont worry. not mint, but you can get some enjoyment out of it. tending release date is monday June 30, 2014.
the gnr tracker seems to loose the original domain and might move over to chinesedemocracy.com. not sure how fast they can make that switch, if not before 6/30....then it'll go on the tracker "The Trader's Den".

@The Seeker: i love you, too :heart::lol: