☬ YOUR opinions, reviews and general thoughts on the Performance/Sound/Visuals in Appetite For Democracy 3D Concert Release ☬

Guest Gunns

please dont fuck up the thread

A friend of mine is buying this so as soon as I get my hands on the blu-ray, I'll review it. Of course, I will comment on how good the picture and audio quality is, not how good or bad Axl sounds. That's how you review a blu-ray release.

• Like 2

Perhaps you should read the thread before insinuating mistruth. Val saw Appetite For Democracy in cinema, so she is perfectly qualified to provide a review.

She clearly wasn't talking about the Blu-ray anyway. She was just relaying her experiences of seeing GNR live.

Or perhaps you should read that those are Amazon reviews for the blu-ray. :)

Maybe you don't use Amazon often, but the review section is often used by fans to encourage would-be buyers. They love the artist, so they want to see the artist reach as many people as possible.

Obviously you have no interest in having a genuine discussion, but the theatrical release is not dissimilar to the Blu-ray. Val was perfectly entitled to say what she did.

I only read half of what she said.

So you didn't read what Val had to say, and yet you feel qualified to question how genuine her review is. In your eagerness to cupcake a GNR fan, you failed to digest what was actually written. Congratulations on making a fool of yourself, and having the tenacity to try and argue your way out of this.

I read half of what she said, so in fact, I did read what she wrote, just not at all of it

When you make a fool of yourself, it's time to be gracious, and bow out. Continuing to make a fool of yourself is not advisable.

You read half of what Val had to say, and made an assumption about how genuine her review was. In future, control your desire to cupcake GNR fans, and actually read the information in front of your eyes. That way, you will avoid making a fool of yourself.

• Like 1

Perhaps you should read the thread before insinuating mistruth. Val saw Appetite For Democracy in cinema, so she is perfectly qualified to provide a review.

She clearly wasn't talking about the Blu-ray anyway. She was just relaying her experiences of seeing GNR live.

Or perhaps you should read that those are Amazon reviews for the blu-ray. :)

Maybe you don't use Amazon often, but the review section is often used by fans to encourage would-be buyers. They love the artist, so they want to see the artist reach as many people as possible.

Obviously you have no interest in having a genuine discussion, but the theatrical release is not dissimilar to the Blu-ray. Val was perfectly entitled to say what she did.

I only read half of what she said.

So you didn't read what Val had to say, and yet you feel qualified to question how genuine her review is. In your eagerness to cupcake a GNR fan, you failed to digest what was actually written. Congratulations on making a fool of yourself, and having the tenacity to try and argue your way out of this.

I read half of what she said, so in fact, I did read what she wrote, just not at all of it

When you make a fool of yourself, it's time to be gracious, and bow out. Continuing to make a fool of yourself is not advisable.

You read half of what Val had to say, and made an assumption about how genuine her review was. In future, control your desire to cupcake GNR fans, and actually read the information in front of your eyes. That way, you will avoid making a fool of yourself.

Then bow out, since I made a simple question and you jumped on me for no reason at all.

You keep saying that I made an assumption about how genuine her review was, that is, 100% factually wrong. I don't know how to explain this to a slow person. Can someone help?

Jesus, NGOG, Nosaj - cut it out. Nobody wants to read pages of you two arguing minor irrelevant points and bullshit semantics.

NJ make a snarky post about what Val may have had to say about Appetite For Democracy. Given that she saw the production in theatre, and was actually present for the 2012 residency, I was defending her right to reach out to would-be buyers.

Don't bracket me in with the cupcake.

• Like 1

Jesus, NGOG, Nosaj - cut it out. Nobody wants to read pages of you two arguing minor irrelevant points and bullshit semantics.

NJ make a snarky post about what Val may have had to say about Appetite For Democracy. Given that she saw the production in theatre, and was actually present for the 2012 residency, I was defending her right to reach out to would-be buyers.

Don't bracket me in with the troll.

You are derailing the thread. Please stop.

You're both being ridiculous.

NGOG: Nosaj has a point. Reviewing a blu-ray based on seeing the movie in theaters is kind of weird and doesn't happen often. It isn't a cupcake to point that out.

Nosaj: NGOG has a point. While the review might be a bit fanatical, it's not like she actually goes into any technical aspects in terms of video/sound, she just talks about the content.

Guest Gunns

The early reviews are a combination of fans that went to see the movie in theaters and fans who have won and received promo copies from radio station giveaways and hundreds were sent out to publications to review.

Please feel free to post those reviews from the publications as they come in.

The early reviews are a combination of fans that went to see the movie in theaters and fans who have won and received promo copies from radio station giveaways and hundreds were sent out to publications to review.

Was the mygnrforum Media Crew one of the hundred who received it? They would have promoted the hell out of it!
  • Like 1

Was the mygnrforum Media Crew one of the hundred who received it? They would have promoted the hell out of it!

Yes, it's very unfortunate that they didn't consider us. Missed opportunity.

Saw the November 17, 2012 Vegas show and it was awesome!

Saw the it in the theatre last Wednesday, but some songs were cut, so the show was shorter, but the sound and the 3 d images were cool.

Can't wait for the blue ray dvd. I hope it sells well and people who lost interest in GNR will find it again and come out and support the band by buying it.

We GNR fans have waited so long for a new live dvd of the band and I think this is going to be so worth the wait.

Well all the staff (except that Ross guy :awesomeface:) are buying it so I'm sure we'll be able to review it regardless. ;)

That Ross guy is AWFUL from what I've heard. He deletes anything that doesn't support Axl 100%. No wait. He posts too much negatiity about the current line up. Shit. I can't remember which now. :lol::axl:

• Like 4

Lol I had to skip half this thread because people were talking about amazon reviews haha somtimes I wonder why I even come here.

Just kidding it's usually great here

I can't wait to buy this blue ray I loved buying the Tokyo DVDs (even tho I never thought it was a stand out performance by any of the members) but just sitting down and watching the whole show and having the physical DVDs was cool to me. I would go back and navigate through songs from time to time and just loved owning it. Very excited this is coming finally and can't wait to watch it!!!

• Like 1