Would Guns open for anyone?

If the original band got back together, they'd open for nobody. They'd be far too big. But the new band? They could open for a lot of groups. I don't know how the crowds would take it though. I'd imagine a lot of them would be shocked at what they saw.

I think GNR would co-headline, but not really open for anyone.

It would be cool to see GNR and AC/DC or A7X.

If GNR toured with Metallica, that would be such a HUGE show. I think Metallica knows Axl wouldn't want to open for them though.

Led Zeppelin reunion will never happen.

Robert Plant has said no and Jimmy Page said it's not LZ without Robert Plant.

LZ was done when John Bonham died and Robert Plant saying the band was split before he talked to Jimmy Page was so disrespectful.

I saw LZ back in 1973 and honestly I like them better on their albums. All the songs went far too long and between the guitar solos and drum solos, most of their great songs never get played live. The only song I really loved live was Stairway to Heaven.

I don't blame them for not wanting to reunite and tour. These guys are in their 70's, maybe they would like to enjoyment their retirement.

God no not Aerosmith. I just can't stand that band. I would hope GNR would go on first so I could leave early. lol

Edited by Val22

Kanye West. I could see GNR opening for Kanye. Hear me out... Kanye has a song called "welcome to the Jungle" with Jay Z. In it there is a line "black Axl Rose". So there is some respect there.

Further, Kanye is the type who would love to have something dangerous and unorthodox, so GNR would be perfect.

GNR would consider it because Kanye is one of the biggest artists in the world.

But, more likely this is total fantasy for a guy who loves GNR and Kanye... Lol

Look at when the real GNR did the co headlining tour with Metallica back in the day- Metallica wisely decided to open the shows because they could go onstage on time, rock the fuck out and get out of there instead of going on 5 hours late because of Axl.

If Queen were still active I could've seen axl agreeing to opening up for them.

i can't see Axl opening up for Queen w/o Freddie. Queen is doing the thing with Adam Lambert now. It'd be cool though if he toured with them, maybe he could bring out Brian May for Catcher and Atlas

I don't think they would ever open for a young band...

Never. Besides no bands that came after gnr could honestly follow them on stage. Even the current line up, they are too good, it would put way too much pressure on the headlining act. Even bands like Pearl Jam and Soundgarden couldn't follow NUgnr on stage. They are just too big and powerful of a band. Even older bands like the Stones and Aerosmith would have trouble headlining over NUgnr. As far as classic gnr goes, hell The Stones and Aerosmith should open for them :)

BS! Bands like Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, NIN, etc could all easily follow nu GnR. Dave Grohl has the crowds in the palm of his hands. So does Eddie Vedder. NIN is a spectacle that GnR could only dream to match. And then to suggest the Stones or Aerosmith would have trouble following nu GnR? How do some of you even believe the stuff you type?

This.

Axl's band should open for anyone that is fairly relevant. He needs to put his band into the spotlight again if he wants to fill bigger venues in the USA.

GNR opening for Bowie would be a great tour.

I'd love to see it, even if the two don't mesh together very well; then again seeing Bowie tour again in any form would be amazing to happen.

The discussion reminds me of when Megadeth opened for KISS at a festival last year. When Megadeth's set was finished, all of the crowd except for the KISS Army loyalists were already worn-out and tired before KISS hit the stage, so their reception was luke-warm. With how huge of a live act GnR is, there isn't many bands that have the gusto to follow them in a show.

The Rolling Stones should open for them. Never. Guns N' Roses opens up for no band.

Next time scramble eggs for breakfast, not your brain.

Ignored.

If GnR is only able to draw crowds of 3-to-10,000 for shows, why wouldn't they open for a band that has a bigger fanbase?

Sometimes one has to put their own personal preference aside and look at things logically and with common sense. I like GnR tons better than the Stones. But if these two bands toured together, GnR would obviously be the opener. That's just common sense, and I can admit that even though I love GnR way more than RS.

• Like 1

While watching Appetite for Democracy tonight I couldn't help but think about this thread. Go watch that concert, then tell me what bands can follow NUgnr? I think this thread needs revisiting upon viewing....

None.

A Bloated Mickey Mouse still puts on the best show in the biz. NuGuns simply cannot be followed.

• Like 1