Would Guns open for anyone?

It's the amount of time they spend onstage, which you can't really knock as a package, sure it gets tedious where you're a forum nerd and keep seeing JAM JAM JAM COVER COVER but being separate from that and when Axl's firing on all cylinders, it's just geared for a headline slot. Even for GG he done a ridiculous setlist, Axl Rose is just one of those guys who need to be up the top of the bill and nowhere else.

This thread still going on?

Absurd question from the go. I wonder what kind of fan can ask something like this... nobody but a n00b.

Axl Rose, the God of the Universe, will NEVER open for any band EVER again. He's a headline act and he's been at the top of the toppest in the past. He can't come down or get reduced to "opener act".

Gosh....

If Queen were still active I could've seen axl agreeing to opening up for them.

Well they are.. I mean John Deacon left after the Freddie tribute concert and it's a little different but BM and RT still do concerts.

Well they are.. I mean John Deacon left after the Freddie tribute concert and it's a little different but BM and RT still do concerts.

Dude really...Queen, wait no let me rephrase that, bm and rt were fringing on being sell outs of epic proportions when doing the the whole queen + pr thing somehow that turned out to be somewhat respectable but now the whole adam lambert thing seems to be their main focus I mean really? they could've turned toured with fucking lindsay lohan for all I care. I respect Roger taylor and Brian May for what they did back in the day but now they're just milking it and there's no arguing that period.

Dude really...Queen, wait no let me rephrase that, bm and rt were fringing on being sell outs of epic proportions when doing the the whole queen + pr thing somehow that turned out to be somewhat respectable but now the whole adam lambert thing seems to be their main focus I mean really? they could've turned toured with fucking lindsay lohan for all I care. I respect Roger taylor and Brian May for what they did back in the day but now they're just milking it and there's no arguing that period.

I hate to agree but yup. Still.. I'd love to see them and Adam can sing..

Old Guns have opened for bigger bands in the past, but would Axl do it again maybe for a Stadium tour?

I would love the idea of having guns do a major stadium tour and open for a bigger band like the Stones, Aerosmith, Sir Paul, Metallica, ect...

But could Axl's ego handle it?

I can't see it.

That Stones thing in '06 was a one time thing. Or would have been, if it happened.

The Stones just played before 120K in Italy so I doubt they would have any fears or problems headlining over Axl's tribute band........... :lol:.........

Edited by classicrawker

This thread still going on?

Absurd question from the go. I wonder what kind of fan can ask something like this... nobody but a n00b.

Axl Rose, the God of the Universe, will NEVER open for any band EVER again. He's a headline act and he's been at the top of the toppest in the past. He can't come down or get reduced to "opener act".

Gosh....

:rofl-lol:

GNR opening for Bowie would be a great tour.

I'd love to see it, even if the two don't mesh together very well; then again seeing Bowie tour again in any form would be amazing to happen.

The discussion reminds me of when Megadeth opened for KISS at a festival last year. When Megadeth's set was finished, all of the crowd except for the KISS Army loyalists were already worn-out and tired before KISS hit the stage, so their reception was luke-warm. With how huge of a live act GnR is, there isn't many bands that have the gusto to follow them in a show.

I wouldn't want to see two stadium bands in a row really. After a GNR show I'd like to get Deranged. Edited by wasted