Axl vs Slash, something we don't know?

Oh for fucks sake can't we just all agree that Axl is in fact actually a nutjob and that Slash knows how to work the media? because really that's all there is to it. I'd bet my right nut wait scratch that I'd bet the pair of them that if you were to put these to guys in a room for a day without all the beggars and hangers on, they'd have it sorted and they would be fine with each other.

i think axl will never forgive slash for saying the CD album would suck before it came out - this was on much music or something and I remember when he was saying it and imagining how axl would react and i was like that was a dumb move slash you don't CB someone that close and important to your potential in making great music again on TV so that fans side with you and the media sides with you

in all of axl's craziness i actually get it

slash does need to apologize for that comment as much as he may have appeared to be cornered in his final days and bitter about the break up - you shouldn't bad mouth someones work that hasn't even be released especially via the media

he's got apologize to axl or via the media - something tells me the former will be the way through

Yes, the comments about CD, and all the smug commentary in the promotion of VR (not to mention the actual name of VR being a play on GNR name) Slash and Duff were so full of themselves and so smug about answering the questions "Yeah, now we actually have a singer that shows up and works hard..." and stuff like that, while everyone knew they were basically saying a junkie-diva was preferable to Axl.

Axl was of course going to be livid, and the fact that they piggy-backed onto the GH release, so that Contraband and GNR GH were literally beside each other on the New Release shelf of music stores. Slash and Duff basically believed they had created the new GNR, and during that time where they believed that they both made some terrible references and implications towards Axl. It's when they realized VR's music wasn't what it should've been, was not adored by the fans, then they both collectively back-tracked on all the anti-Axl comments, but it was too late by then. Well at least for Slash....

I think if Slash had gone to see Axl without Perla and without being intoxicated, on Axl's turf, they might've worked it out. But alcoholism was a major factor in the lack of communication between Axl and Slash during the breakup, so for Slash to show up drunk off his ass when he goes to make peace with Axl was incredibly stupid, and worked against him and led to the two different versions of that story. Bringing Perla was stupid too, just have a car take you, and be a man and go by yourself.

Izzy made up with Axl in that same way, going to see him at his house on his turf, his terms, alone and sober. They eventually worked it out. Slash, now several years sober if you believe him, has never really tried that, or maybe he just doesn't want to anymore? Or maybe the window for trying it may be closed anyway for now.

• Like 1

Slaah has said some shit about Axl that he does need to apologize for but there is a lot of things that Axl thinks that slash lied about that are just 2 different sides of the story. I also think that Slash has said a lot of good things about Axl since then.

Marc,

despite all things that were said, I beliv you too recall Slash said couple of year ago 'Axl is and alwys will be his brother', whic is, ottom line, something Axl never said in the last 20 years...

Few more questions for you.

1) when Izzy briefly came back, with new songs, have you ever heard any of those on anyones record?

2) do you think Izzy belived Axl will give in and play ROHF and ended up dissapointed? I recall Axl said much shit about him during UYI tour, but Izzy still played with him quiet a few shows, however, none since ROHF, unlike Duff.

3) wh do yo think was the best drummer in GNR? I always felt the band never had the width or the strength like they had with Matt. ie You could be mine sound.

• Like 1

i think axl will never forgive slash for saying the CD album would suck before it came out - this was on much music or something and I remember when he was saying it and imagining how axl would react and i was like that was a dumb move slash you don't CB someone that close and important to your potential in making great music again on TV so that fans side with you and the media sides with you

in all of axl's craziness i actually get it

slash does need to apologize for that comment as much as he may have appeared to be cornered in his final days and bitter about the break up - you shouldn't bad mouth someones work that hasn't even be released especially via the media

he's got apologize to axl or via the media - something tells me the former will be the way through

Except he never said that. He always said CD was going to be good, he just had his doubts whether it would see the light of day.

Yes, the comments about CD, and all the smug commentary in the promotion of VR (not to mention the actual name of VR being a play on GNR name) Slash and Duff were so full of themselves and so smug about answering the questions "Yeah, now we actually have a singer that shows up and works hard..." and stuff like that, while everyone knew they were basically saying a junkie-diva was preferable to Axl.

Axl was of course going to be livid, and the fact that they piggy-backed onto the GH release, so that Contraband and GNR GH were literally beside each other on the New Release shelf of music stores. Slash and Duff basically believed they had created the new GNR, and during that time where they believed that they both made some terrible references and implications towards Axl. It's when they realized VR's music wasn't what it should've been, was not adored by the fans, then they both collectively back-tracked on all the anti-Axl comments, but it was too late by then. Well at least for Slash....

I think if Slash had gone to see Axl without Perla and without being intoxicated, on Axl's turf, they might've worked it out. But alcoholism was a major factor in the lack of communication between Axl and Slash during the breakup, so for Slash to show up drunk off his ass when he goes to make peace with Axl was incredibly stupid, and worked against him and led to the two different versions of that story. Bringing Perla was stupid too, just have a car take you, and be a man and go by yourself.

Izzy made up with Axl in that same way, going to see him at his house on his turf, his terms, alone and sober. They eventually worked it out. Slash, now several years sober if you believe him, has never really tried that, or maybe he just doesn't want to anymore? Or maybe the window for trying it may be closed anyway for now.

Piggy-backed onto the GH release? The release everyone in the old band tried to stop? Are you high? Not everything everyone else does has something to do with Axl. Sometimes people do things of their own volition. I know, shocker.

As for showing up at his house, he tried to mend fences. He was turned away. It's not like Perla went to the door with him and demanded to give Axl a piece of her mind. This is a pretty poor reconstruction you're attempting.

There are valid reasons to criticize Slash over the break-up and subsequent fall-out. None of them have been presented in the posts above.

Grouse pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Marc,

despite all things that were said, I beliv you too recall Slash said couple of year ago 'Axl is and alwys will be his brother', whic is, ottom line, something Axl never said in the last 20 years...

1) when Izzy briefly came back, with new songs, have you ever heard any of those on anyones record?

2) do you think Izzy belived Axl will give in and play ROHF and ended up dissapointed? I recall Axl said much shit about him during UYI tour, but Izzy still played with him quiet a few shows, however, none since ROHF, unlike Duff.

3) wh do yo think was the best drummer in GNR? I always felt the band never had the width or the strength like they had with Matt. ie You could be mine sound.

I didn't ever hear any of those songs. All I remember is Axl calling me up and telling me Izzy was back and so was Slash. My advice was to have the whole band go into a room and bang out a record for themselves not what they think the trend is or what people might want. I told him just do it like you guys did back at the Garner studio. Making music for your selfs. The problem was they were not on the same page anymore on what kind of music they were going to do. That is why it fell apart.

I think Steven was the best drummer for what they were doing in 1985 to 1990 and Matt was great for what they were doing in 1991/1993

Edited by recklessroad

Marc,

I didn't ever hear any of those songs. All I remember is Axl calling me up and telling me Izzy was back and so was Slash. My advice was to have the whole band go into a room and band out a record for them selfs not what they think the trend is or what people might want. I told him just do it like you guys did back at the Garner studio. Making music for your selfs. The problem was they were not on the same page anymore on what kind of music they were going to do. That is why it fell apart.

I think Steven was the best drummer for what they were doing in 1985 to 1990 and Matt was great for what they were doing in 1991/1993

yes we know that that era was a major cluster - agreed on drumming - thats why its so sad - both incarnations def not CD were equally powerful

Marc, how often, if at all, do you see your other freinds/associates from back then? Like Adriana Smith, My Michelle Young, Robert John etc... Do you keep in contact with them?

Also in the alternate cover art to Chinese Democracy, Axl tells us about a guy named Rhiad, who was supposedly related to Erin. Do you know if this guy exists??

Thanks...

Marc, how often, if at all, do you see your other freinds/associates from back then? Like Adriana Smith, My Michelle Young, Robert John etc... Do you keep in contact with them?

Also in the alternate cover art to Chinese Democracy, Axl tells us about a guy named Rhiad, who was supposedly related to Erin. Do you know if this guy exists??

Thanks...

I still see Michelle now that she moved back to LA my wife still cuts her hair. I talk to Robert about once a year and a few others now and then.

I think Rhiad was Erin's brother-in-law or her ex brother-in-law and may have been involved in some things that had to do with Wars or helping start wars?

Marc, how often, if at all, do you see your other freinds/associates from back then? Like Adriana Smith, My Michelle Young, Robert John etc... Do you keep in contact with them?Also in the alternate cover art to Chinese Democracy, Axl tells us about a guy named Rhiad, who was supposedly related to Erin. Do you know if this guy exists??Thanks...

I still see Michelle now that she moved back to LA my wife still cuts her hair. I talk to Robert about once a year and a few others now and then.I think Rhiad was Erin's brother-in-law or her ex brother-in-law and may have been involved in some things that had to do with Wars or helping start wars?

1) Marc, where did things derail with Ax and Del James? James, at some point, sold posters/pics he shot during UYI tour any chance he or you do it or do it again? I would love to put some of those back on the wall. I had collection of several hundred Guner posters in the 90's but due to things I could not have effect on, lost quiet a few I wish I still had.

2) Wars as in between him and Erin or something else?

Marc, how often, if at all, do you see your other freinds/associates from back then? Like Adriana Smith, My Michelle Young, Robert John etc... Do you keep in contact with them?Also in the alternate cover art to Chinese Democracy, Axl tells us about a guy named Rhiad, who was supposedly related to Erin. Do you know if this guy exists??Thanks...

I still see Michelle now that she moved back to LA my wife still cuts her hair. I talk to Robert about once a year and a few others now and then.I think Rhiad was Erin's brother-in-law or her ex brother-in-law and may have been involved in some things that had to do with Wars or helping start wars?

1) Marc, where did things derail with Ax and Del James? James, at some point, sold posters/pics he shot during UYI tour any chance he or you do it or do it again? I would love to put some of those back on the wall. I had collection of several hundred Guner posters in the 90's but due to things I could not have effect on, lost quiet a few I wish I still had.

2) Wars as in between him and Erin or something else?

I think you mean Robert John, not Del. Del is GnR's current road manager.

My walls were plastered to. Wish I still had some of them.

In the alternate cover to Chinese Democracy, Axl says that Rhiad is a guy who was related to Erin. Rhiad, apparently was an illegal weapons dealer.

• Like 1

I was going through my old Metal Edge magazines, and I ran across this gem I might be a bit pissed if I were Axl too.

http://www.4shared.com/document/flU5UImM/Welcome_to_the_Snakepit_Metal_.html?

Also, I recall a mention at some point regarding the Slash take on the Todd Crew situation from his book as not being an entirely accurate portrayal of events.

Yeah, one room, two dudes. Hope it happens someday...

I was going through my old Metal Edge magazines, and I ran across this gem I might be a bit pissed if I were Axl too.

http://www.4shared.com/document/flU5UImM/Welcome_to_the_Snakepit_Metal_.html?

Also, I recall a mention at some point regarding the Slash take on the Todd Crew situation from his book as not being an entirely accurate portrayal of events.

Yeah, one room, two dudes. Hope it happens someday...

Yeah, Todds ex bandmates claim Slash isn't telling the whole truth. There's is an article somewhere with them ripping on Slash.

Slash doesn't come off looking good, in his bio, I think he admits to giving Todd the shot that killed him. The whole situation is fucked up.