*[Beta Has Denied]* Beta Lebeis fired, according to MSL

Locking this as it's nothing more than a rumor. and as we have kept some rumor threads opened in the past, this is one that doesn't need to be discussed.

Something as serious as the band's management getting fired is not going to be left open for discussion until there is an official statement, regardless of who the manager is.

Feel free to PM me or another mod directly if you have any other questions or concerns. Thanks.

Re-opening this temporarily to clarify my end of things.

Subs reached out to Beta last week or so when the rumour first started and she quickly denied it and told us to tell people it isn't true. So, that's why I posted what I did on Silent Jay's status a few days ago.

I'm just the messenger! As the band's manager denied the rumour, I'm going to keep this locked unless something else develops out of it.

So, one of the supposed facts behind this is that Axl was unaware of the DVD release.

Has Axl ever talked about the DVD, in interviews or on-stage banter or anything of the sort? Seems kind of weird that he wouldn't promote it in the Rolling Stone/Revolver interviews if he knew.

Edited by bacardimayne

Rockfuel - are you afraid that Axl will sue you for releasing the Vegas show without his permission?

I think we now see why no music company dare try and get involved with the GNR camp. Too much shit, and nothing ever gets released without a fight.

Edited by TheSeeker

So, one of the points about this is that Axl was unaware of the DVD release.

Has Axl ever talked about the DVD, in interviews or on-stage banter or anything of the sort? Seems kind of weird that he wouldn't promote it in the Rolling Stone/Revolver interviews if he knew.

Axl probably never thought it would actually be released - considering all of the delays. I'm sure he was aware of it though.

So, one of the supposed facts behind this is that Axl was unaware of the DVD release.

Of course I don't know the guy, but I think we can all agree that the dude seems to change with the wind. I'm not saying that's right or ok at all, but I think it's how things are. Dude probably woke up one morning recently and just decided he didn't want it released. Who knows.

• Like 1

Of course I don't know the guy, but I think we can all agree that the dude seems to change with the wind. I'm not saying that's right or ok at all, but I think it's how things are. Dude probably woke up one morning recently and just decided he didn't want it released. Who knows.

Yeah that's plausible as well. Other possibilities are that he was okay with the release until he watched it and decided he didn't like it, or he's heard negative backlash regarding the DVD and the proshot videos on the YouTube channel and decided it was a bad move to release it.

Absolutely no need to reopen this thread. I am one of the biggest MSL fans here and I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that on this occasion he is absolutely full of shit. In order for Beta to be fired, a shred of intelligence would be required from Axl.

Point proven.

• Like 4

How can he be unaware ? The thread about the 3D release has been up for more than a year. Let's say Axl never checks this site, or any other fanforum anymore. Could TB run the risk of him opening a forum and reading about this ? This has been going on for more than a year, so it's not as if it's all done in a rush. Could they run the risk of no one ever mentioning the dvd to hil, all that time ? Even if it was just a fan having a picture taken ?

Plus, he must have known they were filming it in 3D the night of the show, he must have known the intention was of getting it released.

I don't know if he ever mentioned it. I think BBF was asked about it once in a NT-chat maybe ? And he said something like: Yeah, what about that dvd. The band didn't know when it would be released, but they at least knew there was the intention of having it released.

Thanks for reopening this thread btw. I think it's clear this is an unconfirmed and denied rumor.

Yeah that's plausible as well. Other possibilities are that he was okay with the release until he watched it and decided he didn't like it, or he's heard negative backlash regarding the DVD and the proshot videos on the YouTube channel and decided it was a bad move to release it.

That's probably more likely.

Absolutely no need to reopen this thread. I am one of the biggest MSL fans here and I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that on this occasion he is absolutely full of shit. In order for Beta to be fired, a shred of intelligence would be required from Axl.

Point proven.

I don't want the thread to become about whether or not MSL is "full of shit". Yes, he's the source of the rumor and yes Beta has denied it, but to me there's no need to get into who's telling the truth about it. As bacardi has proven, there's plenty of other aspects of the rumor to discuss outside of who is claiming what.

Remember when Slash blocked the DVD release and we all thought it would piss Axl off? Turns out he might not even know it happened. :lol:

Or better yet, maybe that's what this is all about.

"You gave him his royalties? GOD DAMNIT BETA."

youre-fired.gif

Edited by bacardimayne

That's probably more likely.

Point proven.

I don't want the thread to become about whether or not MSL is "full of shit". Yes, he's the source of the rumor and yes Beta has denied it, but to me there's no need to get into who's telling the truth about it. As bacardi has proven, there's plenty of other aspects of the rumor to discuss outside of who is claiming what.

My post has nothing to do with MSL himself being full of shit, only this particular rumor itself. Couldn't care one bit less who started it.

Remember when Slash blocked the DVD release and we all thought it would piss Axl off? Turns out he might not even know it happened. :lol:

Or better yet, maybe that's what this is all about.

"You gave him his royalties? GOD DAMNIT BETA."

youre-fired.gif

:lol:

Didn't Subs say that the GNR camp really wanted to release it, though ? I guess I automatically assumed the GNR camp involved Axl :shrugs:

I often wonder how much Axl is actually aware of that goes on out in the real world. With this though, it's like bacardi said; Axl has spoken about it so to me it's obvious he knew it was in the pipeline to be released.

Guest Gunns

The question isn't if Beta is or isnt fired (even though that is important)

the question is, Why didn't Axl want Appetite for Democracy released?

Was he that unhappy with his own performance ?

Did Slash intervening put a damper on things?

Is there more to it?

• Like 1

Guest Gunns

Who knows ? He didn't promote CD because the booklet was wrong apparently, so it could be anything.

see this is what im getting at. From all accounts, I think there is definitely more to it. Rockfuel made a comment with Axls? recent tweet (the one he mentioned about not wanting to relive the concert) we all just assumed it was Axl, then Rockfuel came out and said 'that's Axl' as if perhaps they might know something about why Axl didnt want it out? (knowing its Axl due to the negative remark in the tweet)

who really knows though

• Like 1