SLASH featuring Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators Tour 2014 / 2015

batman007

Ice pick thin tone. No smoothness, no depth, no density - what are you doing Slash!?!?! Go back to the Jub/2555SL, or at the very least the AFD.

God this is terrible

Horrid shit

It's like he doesn't know the chords or something and that god awful toy guitar tone....

Anyway i hope the New Years Eve show would be good

Ice pick thin tone. No smoothness, no depth, no density - what are you doing Slash!?!?! Go back to the Jub/2555SL, or at the very least the AFD.

He sounds amazing in concert, what you're hearing is a bad audio recorder and/or an amp that's set not to feedback in an open air stadium. The amp is probably not messed with much because its not like he gets to sound check in front of 70,000 people for a halftime/pregame jam. Chillax, his tone rocked in Chicago this year, videos don't do it justice.

Since this is a one off event I'm certain he didn't pay $1000s of dollars to haul his real gear across the country, the amps used are JCM 800s provided by whoever hired him, much easier to get ahold of than a Jubilee, or AFD100, for easily available amps, he should have used a Marshall Vintage Modern but JCM 800s are what he's used to. EL34's sound harsh compared to the 6550s he normally uses and I would surely bet the EL34 power tubes are in those amps cuz of the tone and the fact 6550s aren't very common in your average JCM 800.

Even in light of that, your typical recording device in front of two dimed Marshalls doesn't stand a chance at capturing tone acurately without clipping & compression distorting the original tone.

Okay, i trust that Slash can play better :lol: , but aside from the end impro, he LITERALLY doesn't know how to play his national anthem? gimme a break

Edited by Strange Broue

God this is terrible

Horrid shit

It's like he doesn't know the chords or something and that god awful toy guitar tone....

He sounds amazing in concert, what you're hearing is a bad audio recorder and/or an amp that's set not to feedback in an open air stadium. The amp is probably not messed with much because its not like he gets to sound check in front of 70,000 people for a halftime/pregame jam. Chillax, his tone rocked in Chicago this year, videos don't do it justice.

Since this is a one off event I'm certain he didn't pay $1000s of dollars to haul his real gear across the country, the amps used are JCM 800s provided by whoever hired him, much easier to get ahold of than a Jubilee, or AFD100, for easily available amps, he should have used a Marshall Vintage Modern but JCM 800s are what he's used to. EL34's sound harsh compared to the 6550s he normally uses and I would surely bet the EL34 power tubes are in those amps cuz of the tone and the fact 6550s aren't very common in your average JCM 800.

Even in light of that, your typical recording device in front of two dimed Marshalls doesn't stand a chance at capturing tone acurately without clipping & compression distorting the original tone.

Okay, i trust that Slash can play better :lol: , but aside from the end impro, he LITERALLY doesn't know how to play his national anthem? gimme a break

Slash by birth isn't American.

God this is terrible

Horrid shit

Slash by birth isn't American.

But he is -by birth- a great guitar player :lol:

Those chords are REALLY this hard?

I don't think so...

Slash probably doesn't play the national anthem very often though. From what I can hear, it seems Slash's playing is great if he played the material enough times to be familiar with it, or if the material at least allows for some improvisation. Slash chose to play it close to the original, unlike Jimi for example.

Even when Slash played Hey Joe with Mitch Mitchell, he fucked up some notes, but it came together nicely anyway cause there was more room there to improvise. His tone sucked in that national anthem though, but when he is on a proper stage, it sounds much better. Still not crazy about his tone in recent years in general. Too much tinkering.

Edited by Rovim

Awesome that they played Ace of Spades. Would love to hear it if any one can share the video.

Its on fb https://www.facebook.com/lisa.townsend.564/videos/10153398957807023/?theater

Edited by Gibbo 27
  • Like 1

Todd is so awesome. Always looks like he's having fun, it's infectious.

As happy as I am about the reunion, I hope Slash gets the next Conspirators album out asap.

Ugh, that video is the encapsulation of everything I LOVE about Slash's solo band. It really is a testament to them that a GNR reunion makes me mildly sad they won't be doing stuff for we don't know how long. I've really come to love them, and I still contend they are the best live band out there right now for the money. Todd is just fucking outstanding, I personally think Myles is great, and Brent Fitz should be fucking drumming for a GNR reunion. Slash just lined up a killer killer band. Can't believe its been 5 years since a friend of mine said "we have to see the first show" and we did and we've been on the ride ever since.

I will truly miss this band. I know its probably not the end, but I certainly hope they stay the same. Now thats a rock and roll band. They can play anything, they've having tons of fun, and I'd be hard pressed to find a video of them playing anything badly. Took him awhile, but Slash found his best solo band possible.

• Like 4

Ugh, that video is the encapsulation of everything I LOVE about Slash's solo band. It really is a testament to them that a GNR reunion makes me mildly sad they won't be doing stuff for we don't know how long. I've really come to love them, and I still contend they are the best live band out there right now for the money. Todd is just fucking outstanding, I personally think Myles is great, and Brent Fitz should be fucking drumming for a GNR reunion. Slash just lined up a killer killer band. Can't believe its been 5 years since a friend of mine said "we have to see the first show" and we did and we've been on the ride ever since.

I will truly miss this band. I know its probably not the end, but I certainly hope they stay the same. Now thats a rock and roll band. They can play anything, they've having tons of fun, and I'd be hard pressed to find a video of them playing anything badly. Took him awhile, but Slash found his best solo band possible.

I know what you mean. I'm happy for the reunion or whatever, but I hope this isn't the end for The Conspirators. They're a lot of fun, all good guys. Slash said the next album with be more rhythmic. I was looking forward to some stuff with a groove.

Slash is really in a great position right now. If the "reunion" is a disaster, Axl stands to lose a whole lot more than Slash or any of the other members. We all know that Slash can still kick ass live and his playing will definitely not be a risk or a weak link for the reunion show(s). But if Axl is out of shape, out of breath, can't sing for shit, shows up 2 hours late, or has a mental meltdown and goes into one of his childish rants...that could make this whole reunion more of an embarrassment than anything else. If so, Slash just returns to what he was doing with MK&TC...nothing really lost.