Uneven pool - suggestions please

alfierose

I bought one of these http://www.splashandrelax.co.uk/products/Swimming+Pools/Inflatable+Pools/Intex+Easy+Set+Inflatable+Pool+8ft+x+30%22+No+Pump/517453792?gclid=CP304pbV4r8CFamWtAodViwAcA

I thought the ground was level enough but it's not. The kids have still played in it but I can only fill it half full and it looks a bit crap to be honest.

I'm thinking I need to empty and level the ground a bit. How do I do this in an easyish way?

My husband is being a grumpy sod and won't help because he thinks I will ruin the garden.

Any suggestions (besides getting a new husband)?

I'm with your husband, sorry!

I came home from work with a similar issue yesterday -- it ruins the grass if left out. Why do you want to level the ground for a kids paddling pool!?!?!? So it's a bit uneven? And? Just fill it up and let them play on slightly uneven ground!

Ha - I'm grumpy this morning :)

I couldn't care less about grass. Why is it important? We can have a beautiful ornate and crafted garden in approx 5 years when they start to leave home.

Kids are only young once. Grass is replaceable.

I'm thinking sand might be the way to go.

• Like 2

Either dig away ground to level it out or build a foundation that is level.

Yeah never thought of that!

Yeah, dig out your garden to get it all nice as straight for a kids paddling pool tht they'll only be able to play in for a few weeks before the weather turns and/or, they get bored of it. Yes you'll have ruined the grass and have to spend money to out it right but it'll keep the kids happy!!!

I couldn't care less about grass. Why is it important? We can have a beautiful ornate and crafted garden in approx 5 years when they start to leave home.Kids are only young once. Grass is replaceable.I'm thinking sand might be the way to go.

Pfft.

I'm with mr alfierose -- bloody kids get everything these days! To ruin your garden to keep them happy seems ridiculous to me!

"Ornate" -- is your garden big?

Yeah never thought of that!

Yeah, dig out your garden to get it all nice as straight for a kids paddling pool tht they'll only be able to play in for a few weeks before the weather turns and/or, they get bored of it. Yes you'll have ruined the grass and have to spend money to out it right but it'll keep the kids happy!!!

I couldn't care less about grass. Why is it important? We can have a beautiful ornate and crafted garden in approx 5 years when they start to leave home.Kids are only young once. Grass is replaceable.I'm thinking sand might be the way to go.

Pfft.

I'm with mr alfierose -- bloody kids get everything these days! To ruin your garden to keep them happy seems ridiculous to me!

"Ornate" -- is your garden big?

Ha, someone's in a snarky mood today! :P

Alfie, does the pool have a pump? If not, (even if it does) I would have to dump the water out everyday, it will get filthy with suntan lotion, pee, grass and dirt, etc. It also becomes a breeding ground for mosquitos if left stagnant for a while.

I don't think destroying your garden is necessary for something the kids will most likely be bored of within a week or so.

You can try putting something flat and sturdy underneath it like a large piece of ply wood, and build up the end where it's not level by wedging something underneath. I would suggest emptying the pool and moving it to another spot in the evening this way the grass gets to recover.

Yeah never thought of that!Yeah, dig out your garden to get it all nice as straight for a kids paddling pool tht they'll only be able to play in for a few weeks before the weather turns and/or, they get bored of it. Yes you'll have ruined the grass and have to spend money to out it right but it'll keep the kids happy!!!

Pfft.I'm with mr alfierose -- bloody kids get everything these days! To ruin your garden to keep them happy seems ridiculous to me!"Ornate" -- is your garden big?

Ha, someone's in a snarky mood today! :P Alfie, does the pool have a pump? If not, (even if it does) I would have to dump the water out everyday, it will get filthy with suntan lotion, pee, grass and dirt, etc. It also becomes a breeding ground for mosquitos if left stagnant for a while. I don't think destroying your garden is necessary for something the kids will most likely be bored of within a week or so.You can try putting something flat and sturdy underneath it like a large piece of ply wood, and build up the end where it's not level by wedging something underneath. I would suggest emptying the pool and moving it to another spot in the evening this way the grass gets to recover.

I'm hungover ok there I said it!!

A plank of wood? Lol -- yeah cause that would hurt when kids jump in ;)

Okay. I bought some foam pads. Going to have a go with that.

P4A I have a floaty chlorine thing for overnight and a pool cover. It will probably need water replacing about once a week.

Subs Our garden is mid sized and nothing to shout about anyway, it already has a climbing frame and patches of missing grass from his motorbike maintenance. I'm not capitulating to his moaning.

• Like 1

Lol wood! Duh!! That's the worst post you've ever made here. Ha, you're not perfect *sticks tongue out*

Yeah I'll say bored by Monday evening -- either that or your neighbours will have complained, there's a minor accident, the weather is crap again or there's a fault in the pool and the water leaks out.

URGH! I actually hate myself right now what the fuck is wrong with me, lol

Lol wood! Duh!! That's the worst post you've ever made here. Ha, you're not perfect *sticks tongue out*

Yeah I'll say bored by Monday evening -- either that or your neighbours will have complained, there's a minor accident, the weather is crap again or there's a fault in the pool and the water leaks out.

URGH! I actually hate myself right now what the fuck is wrong with me, lol

I'm beginning to hate you too. :max:

Either

1. The pool springs a leak

or

2. The kids lose interest in it

before the sand even settles.

1. Sand under the bottom of the pool won't cause a leak ... but hard objects will. ;)

2. Then they make more kids

But even if the kids do lose interest, the adults will still enjoy cooling off in it. If you'll notice, the picture in the advertisement shows the perky Mom wearing a Masquenada Harlequin halter neck bikini relaxing in the pool. They are not just for kids, ya know. ;)

56970.jpg

Are those supposed to be the parents? :lol: I thought they were the older siblings.

C'mon, would mom and dad really want to go into that pool after the kids have been in it? Yikes!

I think mom and dad would prefer something more like this:

hot-tub-tv-layout-lg.jpg

Now that's worth ruining the lawn for! :P

• Like 3

We have something similar (although ours has seats to sit on and cavities for beer cans :)). We either have it at our lawn which isn't completely level but my kids don't mind. Or we have it on the wooden platform (I have no idea if there's an English word for this...verandah?), which is level. In either case, filling it whenever the kids want to use it and stowing it away afterwards is not an option. It takes me a couple of hours to fill it, and it is way too big to easily put away every day, or even just handle.