Favorite Video Game?

PC: Star Wars: Tie Fighter - Collector's Edition (still the best combat flight simulator I've ever played)

Completely forgot about this one. It was literally the first PC game I ever got. Lot's of fun. I think I also had something called Rebel Assault, which was a sort of FPS. Now I'm remembering all of these SW games from late 90's/early 2000's; once specifically on Hoth?

Yeah, I remember Rebel Assault (vaguely - it's been awhile). Did you ever play X-Wing, the predecessor of Tie Fighter? It would great if they rebooted this series for PC and consoles.

I think I only played Tie Fighter. A reboot would be cool, make it like a modern flght sim but Star Wars. Though DICE has revived the Battlefront series, and my understanding is that there is going to be a lot of space/aerial combat.

I remember Turtles In Time on the snes, fucking awesome.

I gotta say of recent times The Walking Dead by Telltale Games is one of the greatest emotional packages ever, stupendous, ofc it's more interactive story with snippets of click and button mash but it's still a gaming experience in the heavens of immersion.

• 2 weeks later...

If I had to narrow it down..

Perfect Dark (N64)

Goldeneye (N64)

Halo 3 (Xbox 360)

GTA IV (Xbox 360)

Super Smash Bros Melee (Gamecube)

Great call on Melee. :thumbsup:

Hard to compare different genres of games, but TLOU my fave from the recent gen, followed by Red Dead and Arkham City.

Random, but did anyone play Deadly Creatures on Wii? Such a strange game, especially for that console, but really addictive. :lol:

NFS: Hot Pursuit(2010) a near perfect racing game, IMO.

• 2 months later...
Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Sims

I got Sims 4 when it came out. It's good but bored of it now and want some expansion packs to come out.... and fast!

Pre-16 bit: SMB3, Star Wars arcade

16-bit: Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country

PS1/N64 Era: Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Donkey Kong 64

PS2/Xbox/GC Era: Super Smash Bros Melee, GTA SA, GTA VC, Halo CE

360/PS3/Wii Era: Halo 3, GTA IV

Current Era: GTA V

Handhelds: Pokemon (all of them), Zelda: Link's Awakening

Edited by bacardimayne

Pre-16 bit: SMB3, Star Wars arcade

16-bit: Super Mario World

PS1/N64 Era: Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Donkey Kong 64

PS2/Xbox/GC Era: Super Smash Bros Melee, GTA SA, GTA VC, Halo CE

360/PS3/Wii Era: Halo 3, GTA IV

Current Era: GTA V

Handhelds: Pokemon (all of them), Zelda: Link's Awakening

link's awakening was the shit, love the oracle of seasons and oracle of ages as well.

Edited by bran

• 2 weeks later...

The Football Manager and Out of the Park Baseball series are probably my favorite two now. Used to play Civilization 3 and Civil War Generals 2 a lot before them.

On Xbox, I've always played the FIFA and NBA 2k series the most. The two Godfather games were favorites, too.

GoldenEye for the Nintendo 64 never gets old. It will likely always hold the top spot for me. The replay value is incredible, and there will always be new unique challenges and speed runs thanks to 007 Mode and great cheats. Multiplayer still holds up well with friends too.

Honourable mention to Perfect Dark as well.

My favourite series is Grand Theft Auto and number V gives some serious competition for my top spot. I also love the Max Payne games.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sonic & Knuckles

I loved that when I was younger. Sonic 2/3 and Knuckles which was basically 4. They were my favourite games on the Sega Mega Drive (Genesis).

I got Sonic 4 episode 1 on the PSN a few years ago which they tried to claim was a continuation of the original quadrilogy, but it was a horrendous and cheap remake with poor level design/rip offs.