[KERRANG] ASKING ALEXANDRIA: AMERICA’S CONQUERORS ON AXL ROSE

Controversial British metalcore with heavy metal influences. The singer calls their new album 'a new baby of Motley Crue and Slipknot', and this time without their 'usual balls-to-the-wall kind of stuff'. :shrugs:

Prepare to be conquered, Mags :lol:

A musical baby of Mötley Crüe and Slipknot

Controversial British metalcore with heavy metal influences. The singer calls their new album 'a new baby of Motley Crue and Slipknot', and this time without their 'usual balls-to-the-wall kind of stuff'. :shrugs:

Prepare to be conquered, Mags :lol:

A musical baby of Mötley Crüe and Slipknot

Motley Knot or SlipCrüe?

I absolutely abhor the first two records of these guys (what got them popular) because it is absolutely vacant, generic, screamo/poppy chorus tripe but has absolutely no redeeming features in the musicianship and image/association is the only focus. They just rode on bands like bring me the horizon's (who I also despise yet clearly have superior musical talent) coat-tails. It's watered down killswitch engage, who came out with the whole deal in the first place but they're actually a decent band. Having said that, the lead singer, I felt had the makings of a good voice if he switched bands or they grew up a lot to back his vocals up. Their last album, whilst pretty standard radio rock with a few better used screams in, was decent imo and I appreciated them doing something half-original and better suited to their quality attribute, aka worsnop's sebastian bach influenced voice. Their corny attitudes and overblown popularity is not due to being the next GNR, they're terrible musicians really and without that singer they'd still be doing the same bmth-lite but their latest record half of it was enjoyable and something worth listening to.

Edited by RandallFlagg

To me Asking Alexandria are the modern day Guns N Roses but in a heavier genre. They are heavily influenced by GNR.

The video to the song Closure is influenced by Paradise City and the guitar riff in the chorus was inspired by the riff in Sweet Child O Mine.

They also have a trilogy of videos featuring the Rainbow on the Sunset Strip and give GNR a shout out in the trailer.

They even had there version of a St Louis type of show:

To me Asking Alexandria are the modern day Guns N Roses but in a heavier genre. They are heavily influenced by GNR.

The video to the song Closure is influenced by Paradise City and the guitar riff in the chorus was inspired by the riff in Sweet Child O Mine.

They also have a trilogy of videos featuring the Rainbow on the Sunset Strip and give GNR a shout out in the trailer.

They even had there version of a St Louis type of show:

That last video. Wow. I feel bad for the rest of the guys in the band. They're solid and nice and heavy, but the singer is just acting like a prat.

Their first two records are abysmal cliché deathcore mixed with metalcore choruses, nothing redeeming in it except Bring Me The Horizon/Escape The Fate-lite, their last record had some actual rock and decent vocals, the singer Worsnop has a pretty good voice outside of generic GUUUUUUUHHHHHHH screams. The last record I thought was decent, nothing brilliant but nice to listen to on half the tracks, they don't have a tenth the talent of a band like gnr, they are lightyears behind Avenged Sevenfold too, who are a good modern rock band.

The drummer is alright but the bassist and guitarists are not very good, yes they sell records but that's a lottery these days if you're singer can actually sing and your image and sound reflect the current scene. The singer is 90% of asking alexandria and he is clearly influenced the right way but his old stuff was Emmure, Oli Sykes rip off for two records with dumb ass choruses.