Scott Weiland Considers Auditioning For Velvet Revolver

STPFAN

Say what you like about Scott, he at least has a personality that comes through his music. Myles's lyrics could easily be replaced by a random Nickelback or Shinedown track and no one would be the wiser.

Shame his personality is that of a complete cunt.

Is Slash less of a cunt compared to Scott? or he just chooses to hide it? heh.

Say what you like about Scott, he at least has a personality that comes through his music. Myles's lyrics could easily be replaced by a random Nickelback or Shinedown track and no one would be the wiser.

This exactly why Scott is a much better frontman than Myles.

People keep going on about how Myles is a drama free guy who can hit all these fantastic high notes, but who cares when the songs are mediocre and when he's boring beyond belief?

I don't care if Scott's the most problematic person to ever walk the earth, he's great at what he does. At least VR was never boring. The Conspirators have never been anything but boring, sadly.

I've used all my likes today, so I'm basically just quoting this as to I like it.

Edited by RocketQueen1985
  • Like 2

I don't like Slash as a person, but unlike Scott he's done some amazing musical things that I love.

Edited by bacardimayne

I don't like Slash as a person, but unlike Scott he's done some amazing musical things that I love.

Talented cunt.

No Scott no VR. VR won't hire Scott. VR is no more. So much of that band's identity had to do with Scott's turmoil and it being the band's last shot to make lightning strike twice. It's that context that made VR interesting and Contraband more enjoyable. However that was lost even by the time Libertad was around. Scott was clean (or at least not universally viewed at the time as a bum) and lightning had indeed struck twice for Slash and company. There was no urgency, they had already proven what they had to.

Unfortunately it seems like all Slash is interested in these days is being comfortable. Making Dad rock with Myles offers that. Being in a real band with other members that have an equal voice and opinions and a singer with personality and charisma (as Jack Donaghy says on 30 Rock, the thing about stars is that the crazier they are the more talented they are) takes the control away from Slash. By no coincidence, it also makes for better music.

• Like 3

fakeSTP with chester sucks :thumbsdown:

I prefer ChesTP or Scottless Temple Pilots, but the point still stands. They're one of those bands that works because of the chemistry of the four guys, and if you lose one it all goes out the window.

When is everyone going to accept that Matt is VR?

Matt was actually a big musical part of VR. He wrote the Set Me Free riff, his drumming on Contraband is really cool imo, and he nailed his drum parts for Slither. Backing vocals at the live shows helped Scott a lot.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

I'd love Mike Patton to quit being arty for one year and record a balls-to-the-wall heavy rock album with VR.

That guy has great lyrical chops when he leaves the grunting & shrieking at the door.

Its Chris Cornell for me ultimately but he doesn't need or want the gig for sure.

After that...

I'd happily take a more old-school rock album from VR and Chris Robinson.

I like Matt's idea around the Kings of Chaos....split and mix various band members to create fluid groups that could make album, do a tour, play a few of the hits they are each known for then split again.

I'd mix AIC and VR to see what would pop out. Jerry & Slash on guitars could be very interesting considering Slash is a fan of AIC.

William Duval can hold a rock note for sure.

I love Scott. It's really easy to dislike him though. Kinda like Axl.

Scott tries hard to be like a Bowie/Jagger/Morrison type of frontman. I like how he thinks he's oh so important lol. The cunt in him is strong, but he is very talented imo.

No Scott no VR. VR won't hire Scott. VR is no more. So much of that band's identity had to do with Scott's turmoil and it being the band's last shot to make lightning strike twice. It's that context that made VR interesting and Contraband more enjoyable. However that was lost even by the time Libertad was around. Scott was clean (or at least not universally viewed at the time as a bum) and lightning had indeed struck twice for Slash and company. There was no urgency, they had already proven what they had to.

Unfortunately it seems like all Slash is interested in these days is being comfortable. Making Dad rock with Myles offers that. Being in a real band with other members that have an equal voice and opinions and a singer with personality and charisma (as Jack Donaghy says on 30 Rock, the thing about stars is that the crazier they are the more talented they are) takes the control away from Slash. By no coincidence, it also makes for better music.

Very good point of view. Yes i agree VR wont come back m i feel all of them just moved on .Because seems to me Scott doesnt really care for the band either

Edited by love&hates

I love Scott. It's really easy to dislike him though. Kinda like Axl.

Scott tries hard to be like a Bowie/Jagger/Morrison type of frontman. I like how he thinks he's oh so important lol. The cunt in him is strong, but he is very talented imo.

I can see what you mean by him thinking he's very important because he does sometimes, but he was very important to the two bands he fronted. The STP/Chester thing is just laughable and VR has been dead ever since Scott left/was fired (depending on who's version of events you believe). So in that sense he's right that he's important even if he comes of as cuntish for it.

Also, Slash is an AIC fan? :huh: I thought he hated grunge and was upset with Axl because Axl wanted to do stuff like MTV Unplugged and "GN'R aren't Pearl Jam", so he refused to do it. Did he change his mind or what?

I love AIC and I wouldn't wanna see any of the members do VR because what they do as AIC is just amazing. I loved their last two albums just like I love all the old ones.

• Like 1

I'd love to see them trying out Andrew Stockdale. "By The Sword" is one of Slash's best songs, I love his voice and really like his songwriting with Wolfmother.

It wouldn't be the same VR without Scott but I think Andrew is good enough to hold the candle and would take the band to a another direction, which I think I would like even more. Scott was always the part I disliked in VR

Edited by Free Bird

I'd love to see them trying out Andrew Stockdale. "By The Sword" is one of Slash's best songs, I love his voice and really like his songwriting with Wolfmother.

It wouldn't be the same VR without Scott but I think Andrew is good enough to hold the candle and would take the band to a another direction, which I think I would like even more. Scott was always the part I disliked in VR

I like him a lot, but he's too... Sane? Scott described the first demos he got from VR as a bad Bad Company rehash. I feel like any album they put out without Scott would be just that. My only hope that isn't the case is "Watch This" which has a killer riff, and really goes to show how much Duff can influence Slash to make something thoughtful and cool.

The problem with Scott is: he's just too damn fucked up all the time.

I mean, I really love old STP stuff. The Scott we used to know was amazing. Especially on STP's Core album.

The Scott we got on Contraband was pretty good too.

After that, stuff went downhill unfortunately. He seemed better, gained more weight.. but something's wrong.

I just wish he would sober up completely and quit the drama. Because I still think he is a very talented singer / songwriter.

And Jerry Cantrell.. oh man, he is too big for VR. It would be a Cantrell with Friends album then..

Edited by Lethalis