Goodbye Ron (???)

Fucked up thing is Ron knows fans are talking about it. He'd probably like to think of himself as a straight shooter, but he's being anything but here.

Sad that Axl has nothing left to say. He can't deal with pressure so he takes the easy way out. Have some fuckin balls dude. Axl '88 would rip today's Axl apart.

Maybe his keeping his options open

Easier questions are what solos/riffs/stage persona has BBF ever fucked up? Apart from the stormtrooper helmet escapade I can't think of any... this is also the general opinion of MYGNR and GNR nerds are not an easy bunch to gain the respect of. Same goes for the guy wearing a fucking fast food bucket on his head, even Finck, whilst he had flaws, you just knew he had that pizazz about him. 4TUS seems solid enough in his role, if he had as many parts as Ashba he'd either float or sink, the consensus I gather is he'd definitely float or vastly improve on Ashba. Ashba can play the material to an adequate degree but he isn't particularly admired with the hardcore fanbase due largely to his corny, cliché gimmicks he employs to substitute for average guitar chops and annoying stage presence, therefore the baying mob demands DJ Ashba resign to focus on his upgraded swag career and SixxAm position and draft in a more competent member to slot in on rhythm and occasional lead and 4TUS upgrade to co-lead. The jury suggests Izzy Stradlin be reinstated and become an integral writer on the sequel with Down By The Ocean pushed as the first single.

• Like 1

This is awful news for GNR whatever way you look at it, sure on the surface it'll be business as usual for the usual mechanics Axl is comfortable with the last four years but damn what a waste. I don't see how this spells anything good for new music or ''surprises''... if anything it will set shit back another four years if the guys really have not worked on jack shit since the CD sessions.

You're assuming he's leaving because of dates? Ahaha, how many times has it been stated he was out because of minor details like this?

I bet it just means he's been in GN'R for 8 years, that's all.

But he should definitely quit so that something happens to GN'R, Ron is very aware of the state of the band, random schedule, some shows here and there, no new album, no real cohesion as a band. It's high time Axl stopped this joke and delivers CD II.

No announcement from Axl/GNR "as of yet" I understand Axl is pretty laid back about Ron and will just respond accordingly

Email was a bit confusing as it also stated "they are parting company, for now" what I do sense is there is still frustration and possibly resentment from the inner workings of the band about Ron and I'm guessing, Ron int communicating his stance to Axl/Guns which is adding fuel to the flames.

Sooooo, if Manets is right it appears not to be from Axl/Guns so maybe from BBF?

THATS... All I know. Please no PM's guys I've had dozens in the past 12 hours. I post what I know when I find out. I'll be asking no more questions until this suppose announcement comes out. IF it even comes out.

• Like 1

Axl is probably expecting Ron to cool off and join the re-join the band.

Ron had a great run. Too bad he almost never got to play is input for the band. A rew riffs here and there he added for the CD songs, some solos. He did Slash and Buckethead proud though.

If he really did leave, I respect him for that. Fuck those people.

I really hope Ron is NOT leaving.

He will be almost impossible to replace. He can do the shredding and the more bluesy stuff without effort, he interacts with the fans on many levels, backstage, meet and greets, webcast, twitter, ect.....

It would me insane and very long process for Axl to find someone that can fill those shoes, other than a full out reunion it just can't be done.

I am not saying no one could replace him as a guitarist but if you package his guitar work and what he does for the fans together, it just ain't going to happen.

IMHO DJ should be dropped and have Ron on lead and Richard on rhythm, with a few songs he does the solo work and that would be a very good combination and the job could be handles very by both.

I do understand if Ron leaves due to personal or lack of progress toward SOMETHING new, maybe not a new album but throwing the fans and the band for that matter a bone by playing something know one has heard written by the current line up or from the CD sessions.

• Like 1