It must have been too much of an inside joke for the world to understand the cover. I loved it :shrugs: , it's cool and original.

Chinese Democracy had one of the best album covers I have seen, absolutely loved the red hand. A true same it got replaced by an awful bicycle with a basket and the band's name horribly spray-painted.

I second Dirty Work. In fact the Stones have developed something of a habit of producing truly abysmal album art in their old age, case in point Emotional Rescue, Steel Wheels and Voodoo Lounge. Slash has had a couple of garish efforts in recent years, all tattoo style covers featuring skull motifs. Queen's Jazz and The Game are cheap and nasty affairs. I also have always found Pet Sounds a bit corny. Here is a cover which should have made it,

81YH4JhuUdL._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by DieselDaisy

I love it. Plus the Zodiac thing is just awesome.

I also like it, I also really liked the "vinyl" CD's. BTW what does that zodiac shit mean? Anyone know???

Fuck em all, I believe.

Yeah, that's it.

I also like it, I also really liked the "vinyl" CD's. BTW what does that zodiac shit mean? Anyone know???
Yeah, the disc art of the first pressing was great, with the pumpkin and all. Nowadays it's just a boring silver disc.

Great production on it too. Great guitars, and Matt's drum sound is ace.

Plus Axl never sounded better. The album gets judged unfairly because its a covers album and because of it being the last real gnr album. But honestly for me, I listen to tracks off it more frequently than Appetite (for the most part).

Fuck em all, I believe.

This Zodiac mistery solved here in mygnr ;)http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/196716-axls-history-of-personal-hints-regarding-a-songor-concept-on-the-next-album-in-the-previous-album/

Fuck em all, I believe.

This Zodiac mistery solved here in mygnr ;)http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/196716-axls-history-of-personal-hints-regarding-a-songor-concept-on-the-next-album-in-the-previous-album/

Thanks for digging that up. I'd already read it some time ago, but was too lazy to look it up.

Plus Axl never sounded better. The album gets judged unfairly because its a covers album and because of it being the last real gnr album. But honestly for me, I listen to tracks off it more frequently than Appetite (for the most part).

Well yeah, the band sounded great. Unfortunately the songs were complete garbage.

Well yeah, the band sounded great. Unfortunately the songs were complete garbage.

The songs are fine. But yeah it sounded much better production wise than UYI. It felt like a proper two guitar band again and Matt fit much better. An original album with that lineup (no Dizzy) would have been killer.

I'm with you dude. I agree that Axl sounds fantastic and its the heaviest GNR ever sounded. I thought Matt, Gilby, Duff, and Slash had hit a nice groove with SI. They sound very tight, very sharp on that album. Axl sounds raspier on that album that he ever has-maybe save for the 2nd half of Lies. I also think the production is very good. I listen to Spaghetti far more than Appetite too. People judged it all wrong- I think UYI was still in the consciousness and people were confused by Spaghetti. As a covers album, its one of the best ever imo. I think its probably my favorite.

• Like 1

Agreed. Somehow, people forget it's just a cover album. It's not like they spent years and years trying to put those songs together. They were having fun while recording it, they also recorded most of it throughout the UYI tour.

If you take it for what it is, it's a good album.

Other than Human Being and maybe SIDHY, I don't understand why people say Axl is good on TSI. Where else is he good? I guess HOTD, but he sounds almost cartoonish on that track. Lol at anyone who comes in here with some Ain't it Fun bullshit. :lol:

Edited by magisme
  • Like 1