Your reaction if GNR's next release is the CD remix album

Would you buy a CD remix album?  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm all for re-mixes and I'm sure there's some interesting tidbits but as the next GnR record? no, just no! wrong move. This band need a real album filled with new songs (even if most of the songs are 10+yrs old), A re-mix album comes out 2 years after the original, or as a bonus companion disc for a anniversary re-release. I think it's ludicrous to release it, and I think most things Axl related can be in some way explained, if you squint a bit... music media would crush it and for the most part it would not be accepted very well, just like the actual CD album wasn't accepted that well. It's a little disappointing that he still believes that a re-mix album of CD should still see the light of day while he has 30+ songs recorded that should be the real priority.

Scenarios I'm personally happy to get a remix cd, 1 as a bonus on the 10yr anniversary re-release of CD, as a bonus to the as yet untitled and unannounced new GnR album, anything else is a waste of time.

I'm a huge GnR fan, so for that reason alone I'll listen to it, but it seems clear to me at least that huge GnR fans are thin on the ground so who exactly would it be marketed to, would it be a worthwhile release for the label? I honestly don't think (without hearing it... I know!) it's worthy as a stand alone record.

When i first heard about the remix album i imagined it would be like different versions of songs on the album. You know with like different takes, earlier arrangements or different guitar tracks or vocal tracks. Things of that nature.

Then i heard Better Gone and the other leaked remix snippets and just no. Awful. Especially for a next release. It would be the worst move ever. We need new music, unreleased songs. Then somewhere down the lkne they want to throw the remix album out as a bonus, okay. Even though it'll still be garbage im sure.

"Fuck the remix album" means "Fuck the remix album" which is the opinion of every sane GNR or music fan.

in order to fuck it, you need a physical copy. You can buy it if they release it.

I don't know about a digital download, maybe with those fantasy japanese machinery..

Heh.

He would have to be insane to release the remix album by itself. Chinese Democracy didn't sell because everyone owned most of the songs already. Why would he try to sell people a second copy of that album when the first copies are still gathering dust at the dollar store?

A full new album for $9.99, with the option to buy a deluxe version of that album with the ChiDem remixes as bonus tracks for $19.99 (available the same day as the album's release) is the only way to release it.

I have almost no interest in remixes, but I'd buy the $19.99 album just to be a completist and to save myself the trouble of YouTubing or torrenting the remixes to see if I liked them. If he made a $50 version that came with a big photobook and cool packaging I'd even think about that, because I'm a stupid Axl fan. As long as he actually markets his crap right, he'll always be able to milk enough money out of die-hards to make up for the mass exodus of casual fans. KISS can attest to that.

I'd laugh my fucking ass off, then I'd come to this site to shame the losers who think it's awesome and signs of the band moving forward cause you know they'd exist. Seriously if Axl's next release is in any way shape or form related to CD he's spitting in the face of all his fans. I can't even say I'd listen to it. A CD remix album at this point would be the epitome of pathetic.

You will shame losers? doesn't seem like a very difficult task. How do you know it won't be awesome, and why would their opinion on it will make them losers? cause they don't share your superior taste I suppose.

Axl said the next release will be in the style of Chinese so there's that. I believe you when you say you won't listen to it though. A CD remix album at this point will be fucked up cause one album in 23 years, but for fans of Chinese, it will be a nice bonus disc to release alongside CD ll, or after it's released.

You'd be a total fucking loser if you were of the opinion its great forward progress for the band to release a CD remix album. Reading comprehension dude, give it a try...... oh yeah I forgot you don't read my posts.

He needs to release Chinese Democracy stripped version. Just the album with most of it's layers removed, and lower register vocals. Take away all the extra added on stuff and release the album in it's original 99 form or whatever the basic concept of each song was. I think GNR fans would love it and it might get a positive review here and there.

Release the remix album with it too. Just make it into a iTunes release. Nothing big, just something for GNR fans to enjoy without the risk of a major cd release.

All of this of course is the second option to what would be option number 1 in the form of never before heard material.

I'd laugh my fucking ass off, then I'd come to this site to shame the losers who think it's awesome and signs of the band moving forward cause you know they'd exist. Seriously if Axl's next release is in any way shape or form related to CD he's spitting in the face of all his fans. I can't even say I'd listen to it. A CD remix album at this point would be the epitome of pathetic.

You will shame losers? doesn't seem like a very difficult task. How do you know it won't be awesome, and why would their opinion on it will make them losers? cause they don't share your superior taste I suppose.

Axl said the next release will be in the style of Chinese so there's that. I believe you when you say you won't listen to it though. A CD remix album at this point will be fucked up cause one album in 23 years, but for fans of Chinese, it will be a nice bonus disc to release alongside CD ll, or after it's released.

You'd be a total fucking loser if you were of the opinion its great forward progress for the band to release a CD remix album. Reading comprehension dude, give it a try...... oh yeah I forgot you don't read my posts.

I will? you judge something before it even got released. It's exactly the same as judging CD ll or any other album without even listening to it first.

Kinda like me and most of your posts. I used to read them until it became too fuckin' stupid. And just to be clear: I never said it will be great forward progress for the band to release a CD remix album. I said it will be fucked up to release it now, with just one album of original material in 23 years. I don't think most people here will think it will be great forward progress.

It's just you taking something and making it seem like everyone who doesn't exactly share your opinion believes in. A cheap tactic that isn't very effective. Black and white bullshit.

Honestly, how many here believe it will be "great forward progress" to release the remix album right now? do you even notice how much you exaggerate shit? lol.

Edited by Rovim