Slash had no idea what the November Rain music video was about..

*** WARNING *** THE CURRENT TITLE OF THIS THREAD WAS EDITED BY SOMEONE WHO DON'T KNOW HOW TO VIRALIZE CONTENT AND THAT AIN'T ME *** WARNING ***

Original title for this thread, by TinyRobot "THIS PASSIVE AGRESSIVENESS IS WHAT MAKES AXL'S BLOOD BOIL"

Slash Has 'No Idea' What The 'November Rain' Music Video Is About

For everyone who's been trying to figure out the meaning behind the Guns N' Roses video "November Rain" since its release in 1992, you may want to stop trying because lead guitarist Slash doesn't know either.

In a conversation with HuffPost Live about his new album "World On Fire," the guitar legend made a shocking confession.

"To tell you the truth, I have no idea [what 'November Rain' is about]," Slash told host Marc Lamont Hill. "It was a concept. The song itself is pretty self-explanatory, but the video is so complex."

The song appears on the band's "Use Your Illusion I" album. Slash said when vocalist Axl Rose was writing it, "It was so epic, it was like a movie. And I, not being a huge fan of videos and making videos especially, I just showed up for my scenes."

"I [wrote] my own scene," he continued "... and I never paid attention to the rest of the whole production. So at the end of the day, I never really knew. I knew there was a wedding in there somewhere and I was not into the concept of the wedding."

Slash said he even "frowned upon" the wedding idea because "it seemed to me like what I would do."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/17/november-rain-meaning_n_5837602.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will never understand why he has this constant need to bash and humilliate the songs that made GN'R massive and popular, just because they were written by Axl? Some months ago he trashed SCOM... what's next, Estranged? And the worst is that he words it out as if it was all a big joke.... "i have no clue, i didn't care, i did my thing, GN'R sucked, they were Axl's shitty ballads I hated to the bone, blah blah blah.."

Seriously, it ain't cool anymore.

Edited by tinyrobot
  • Like 4

Axl himself recently said he now thinks NR and those other illusions videos are corny.

I mean, most of us could see that at the time. I doubt if slash or duff could watch the 'lost ring' scene in the NR video from the moment it was put on film. It's just sphincter-tighteningly bad.

At least by the time they made estranged they just dispensed completely with any sort of narrative and just had Axl jumping from tankers & slash walking on water.

That parting shot with Axl & the dolphin showed how far gone the guy was. He'd lost perspective on an almost Michael Jackson-esque scale by 1994.

• Like 3

It's great that we have a forum user who knows how Axl feels. Hey tinyrobot, how does Axl feel about Ron probably leaving the band?

I think it's great we have a forum user like you, who knows how to stirr shit directly from the sewer. Wouldn't be surprised you were a cockroach yourself.

But you said that those comments by Slash make Axl's blood boil... I can only assume you are close to him and know how he feels. Unless you just made that up and decided to create a thread to "stir shit" about Slash?

not sure why these statements by Slash about the NR video would get anyone's panties up in such a bunch.

His EXACT words were""To tell you the truth, I have no idea [what 'November Rain' is about]," "It was a concept. The song itself is pretty self-explanatory, but the video is so complex." "It was so epic, it was like a movie. And I, not being a huge fan of videos and making videos especially, I just showed up for my scenes." I [wrote] my own scene," he continued "... and I never paid attention to the rest of the whole production. So at the end of the day, I never really knew. I knew there was a wedding in there somewhere and I was not into the concept of the wedding."

• Like 4

It's great that we have a forum user who knows how Axl feels. Hey tinyrobot, how does Axl feel about Ron probably leaving the band?

I think it's great we have a forum user like you, who knows how to stirr shit directly from the sewer. Wouldn't be surprised you were a cockroach yourself.

But you said that those comments by Slash make Axl's blood boil... I can only assume you are close to him and know how he feels. Unless you just made that up and decided to create a thread to "stir shit" about Slash?

If we all had to follow your stupid logic then THIS FORUM WOULDN'T EXIST.

Why dont you go thread by thread pasting this non-sense, commanding people to have a direct relationship with Axl in order to write or have an opinion on anything??

See how ridiculous you are....

I dont derive these conclusions from being "close" to Axl but from having read and heard lots of interviews with Axl throughout the 23 years I've been a GN'R fan. Axl said many times Slash comments hurt him and Slash himself admitted that certain things he said back then caused drama. Those things were always of this kind.

I find innecessary that he has to be saying these negative things about the songs. Everytime he's been interviewed in the last months, some negative shit about GN'R came out into light.

And please, if you're gonna reply to this again, try not to talk to me if you don't know me, okay? Arrange a meeting first or I'll ask the mods to ban you for not havent met me previously.

• Like 1

November Rain is the one based on the short story by Del James. It says that in the video I think .

I guess Slash never read the book!

What book would that be? The one with the immensely original & complex plot where dude married girl, then girl died. The most iconic scene in the whole video is where slash is playing guitar outside the church, and I doubt if that came from del's 'vision'.

Time has shown Del to be more of a chronic parasite than an author of any sort, despite what he calls himself.

Which of his great works is your fave? Could it be the mediocre high-school student level piece 'The Language of Fear', or the even shorter and simpler 'Without You'. He's about as prolific as Axl, but with none of the talent.

The early 90's demanded for all big bands to have videos for their singles... I don't know how old some of you are, but that was the ruling trend back then. So complaining about videos is stupid. What would you prefer to have no videos at all?

Slash should be grateful someone else worked hard to transform his songs into moving images because if it was for him, the only people who would know him nowadays would be his grannies.

• Like 2

Actually I've never found NR video "corny" or bad. It was always fine for me. Now, Don't Cry video, thats the other story. This may be the dumbest music video I've ever seen.

Well that's a perfectly legit opinion but it sets you apart from Axl who these days thinks those videos are kinda corny.

By the rationale of the OP this can only be interpreted as Axl being passive-aggressive towards himself. What a bastard!

I'll ask the mods to ban you for not havent met me previously.

Be my guest :lol:

November Rain is the one based on the short story by Del James. It says that in the video I think .

I guess Slash never read the book!

What book would that be? The one with the immensely original & complex plot where dude married girl, then girl died. The most iconic scene in the whole video is where slash is playing guitar outside the church, and I doubt if that came from del's 'vision'.

Time has shown Del to be more of a chronic parasite than an author of any sort, despite what he calls himself.

Which of his great works is your fave? Could it be the mediocre high-school student level piece 'The Language of Fear', or the even shorter and simpler 'Without You'. He's about as prolific as Axl, but with none of the talent.

No idea, I haven't read any of them. I was just stating what was in the video, it was meant to be a humorous comment. :-)

• Like 1