Matt Sorum Meets The Killers Frontman Brandon Flowers

STPFAN

Remember when Axl made that surprise introduction for The Killers at the VMAs? Apparently Axl likes their music.

His scream was so bad... I cringed.

Really?! I remember watching that all those years ago and thinking damn that was awesome I wish he would perform instead of the killers! And I like the killers a lot . He looked awesome too at the time!

There's still never been something right about that appearance for me. I guess its so Axl that, of all things, he gets off his ass for The Killers, but its always felt off to me. Like for some reason he owed an appearance. I've always thought that was such a baffling event, and if there wasn't video proof I wouldn't really believe it.

And I agree, his scream is laughably horrible, and kind of sad. But the upside is he looks amazing that it almost negates it. Like I watch the video and go "Axl, why?" but it isn't disgustingly bad. I cringe, but its no VMAs 2002 where the trainwreck just doesn't stop. The 2006 scream simply just seems like a bad call (and I've probably already overanalyzed it!).

Interesting. To me, that scream sounds identical to his heyday scream. I loved it-- Axl was so brutally out of place at this show. I mean that in a good way. This was the transition point in the music industry, where talent was starting to be discarded in favor of manufactured fluff. And here comes Axl, a man who embodied incredible talent.

I love the killers too. How awesome would it have been if Axl performed along with them?