Eddie Trunk: "[a GNR reunion] has been put to motion."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Rnu3VhasNqE

28:02

Gathering all that we know, I think it's safe bet to assume that maybe Ron, Tommy and Frank will not be returning to Guns N' Roses. Considering that most certainly Duff would jump in as soon as called, Axl's whole situation with Izzy and Matt willing to return as well, is this the closest we've been to a reunion? I'm not saying I think it's gonna happen, I know Axl said he wants to focus on a new album. I'm just intrigued but all those things that have been happening. What Eddie said got me thinking... What if? Specially considering that Team Brazil may or may not be gone... We know they were absolutely opposed to idea of a reunion and Axl getting back in touch with Slash.

What do you guys think? As Eddie said on his interview, just a couple of years ago I'd have said a reunion would never happen. Now, though, I think it's possible. Very possible.

Edited by ManetsBR

Well, the idea of Duff replacing Tommy has been around since London 2010. We know Duff would do it, and with The Replacements focusing on a new album, it would seem logical, considering also the rumors published by MSL and The Fan Club. As for Frank, information comes from both sources cited (mainly MSL, because TFC info is basically the same thing, from a different source, but months later), and have been reiterated by Frank's return to his project The Beautiful, which according to one of the other members, is a full time activity.

I don't know if there will be a full reunion, I wouldn't bet my money on that. But Duff returning seems like a safe bet. And as for the drummer, we know Brain never really left. Axl wanted him back for the 2010 tour, but he didn't want to take Frank's job. Axl then suggested using both of them, with Brain playing on the NuGNR songs and Frank on the OldGNR songs, but that didn't work out either. Apart from that, he worked on the Remix album.

I know Matt seems to be willing to return, but I believe Axl wouldn't even think before calling Brain. But honestly, at this time, I believe anything can happen. If even Team Brazil seems to be partially gone, who knows what's next. Stranger things have happened before.

Edited by ManetsBR
  • Like 1

Still really hard to believe. And sorry but Matheus and MSL are not good enough sources for anything. MSL wants to take credit for lots of "breaking news" but as NGOG said, the guy will break every news possible and get something right here and there... Here's hoping, anyway.

• Like 1

He clearly said he heard from some sources that very deep that have been some stuff in motion. Which matches what we have been hearing.

And honestly, I'd trust Eddie source on some level. He has his connections and he got to interview Axl twice. When it comes to Guns N' Roses, he knows his shit.

• Like 2

I could see a half-assed reunion lineup of something like Axl/DJ/Gilby or Izzy/Duff/Matt/Dizzy, but nothing more. Slash and Adler will not be involved.

What would be the point, though? I know a few Argentinian fans who got last-minute tickets to the Buenos Aires show when they heard about Duff, but I still think they only sold something like 17,000 out of 30,000. I guess the advantage of Duff is he's sober. I can't understand how playing next to DJ doesn't drive him to drink, though...

Axl's said before that while he likes having Izzy guest and would want to write songs with him, he's not reliable for a world tour, which I think is a fair enough assessment that Izzy himself would agree with. Might as well stick with Fortus. Adler, yeah, he's never coming back full-time; like Eddie says in that interview, each time he seems him about once a year or so, Adler says "I'm 3 months sober!"

90%+ of people want to see Axl + Slash and don't care about anyone else in the band, though.

• Like 2

I could see a half-assed reunion lineup of something like Axl/DJ/Gilby or Izzy/Duff/Matt/Dizzy, but nothing more. Slash and Adler will not be involved.

What would be the point, though? I know a few Argentinian fans who got last-minute tickets to the Buenos Aires show when they heard about Duff, but I still think they only sold something like 17,000 out of 30,000. I guess the advantage of Duff is he's sober. I can't understand how playing next to DJ doesn't drive him to drink, though...

Axl's said before that while he likes having Izzy guest and would want to write songs with him, he's not reliable for a world tour, which I think is a fair enough assessment that Izzy himself would agree with. Might as well stick with Fortus. Adler, yeah, he's never coming back full-time; like Eddie says in that interview, each time he seems him about once a year or so, Adler says "I'm 3 months sober!"

90%+ of people want to see Axl + Slash and don't care about anyone else in the band, though.

Well put.

If Axl's is going for a half reunion, he might as well just reunite once and for all.

A half reunion is still more marketable than DJ, Pitman and Fortus, that's the point. "Axl Rose reunites with former members of Guns N' Roses" will still put more butts in seats, even if it doesn't carry the prestige of a reunion with Slash.

Axl still hates Slash too much to ever work with him again, but I doubt the same can be said about Duff, Gilby, Matt, etc, and it's not like any of them are doing anything substantial.

I called this months ago, for the record.

Edited by bacardimayne
  • Like 1

giphy.gif

We all know that if this were to happen, MyGNR would be like reddit during #TheFappening. God, would it be neat, but it'd for sure be the end of the current band such as it is.

If it happened, I'd pay ANY amount they were asking to see one of the shows up close to the stage. If I had to sell shit, I'd sell shit. It would probably be one of the biggest tours, as far as rock goes, in a long, LONG time.

• Like 2

A Guns N' Roses reunion would be the biggest event in rock history in a very long time. It would be even bigger than Celebration Day, considering Plant and Page worked together for decades after Bonham died and they never really fought. The biggest problem is that they were assholes to John Paul-Jones on the Unledded acoustic in the 90s. But yea, it would definetely be bigger.

Pink Floyd reunited too and a few years later Gilmour and Waters played together again, and it wasn't even a big deal. Gilmour messed up the Confortably Numb solo. What else...? The Stones and The Who have been doing their thing. Kurt Cobain is dead and he ain't coming back.

Yeah, Axl and Slash reuniting would top all that.

• Like 2