Gilby Clarke cancels UK dates

WFA

Yes, the November UK & Spain shows have been cancelled.

The reason is "economics". We couldn't get enough shows & money to make these dates happen.

More shows equal more money to offset the costs & we lost that battle. When we rescheduled the summer shows, we were hoping to add more shows, but we couldn't.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience to the people that bought tickets & made plans to attend the shows. I know this affects the most diehard fans (that's who still supports club shows) & I take full responsibility for that failure.

I've tried everything to make these dates happen, but it just isn't possible to tour with my band in Europe at this time. The venues that stepped up & booked the shows are not to blame. They're still trying to bring rock n roll to the kids.

Rock n roll is the underdog, not the machine it used to be. But, the rebel will rise again. We're not giving up, just reload & give it another shot.

www.gilbyclarke.com

Shows cancelled?!?! OMG Axl is such a dick, he treats his fans like...... Oh wait

Is this an attempt at being sarcastic? I gotta ask because I don't understand what you're trying to say here.

Just hear me out guys, maybe he canceled those dates... BECAUSE HES REUNITING WITH GNR OMG LOL RIGHT?

OMG LOL, indeed.

Shows cancelled?!?! OMG Axl is such a dick, he treats his fans like...... Oh wait

Is this an attempt at being sarcastic? I gotta ask because I don't understand what you're trying to say here.

:facepalm:

Just used to flying off the handle at cancelled shows

Oh, so you were being sarcastic. Sorry. :lol:

Damn was hoping to see him at the local fairground belting out a somewhat accurate rendition of SCOM fighting to be heard between the shopworn hee-hawing donkeys sitting in the hay and the creaking ferris wheel that needs a good lick of paint.

The guy's entitled to tour since he was in the band for a while but I don't see how much he'd profit from them.

I'm not really sure who the market is for a Gilby show? I mean, I'd go see Adler solo, I've seen Duff as part of Walking Papers... but Gilby's contribution to GNR was pretty minimal and I don't know much of his solo stuff beyond Pawnshop Guitars. I don't think he's a bad guitarist or anything, I just wouldn't go out of my way to see him. I'd find it odd to see him doing SCOM on his own in the same way I find it odd that Dizzy does it at his solo shows.