Duff- "How to Be a Man" (this will prob piss Axl off)

Snowmass

How to Be a Man
By Duff McKagan Thu., Jan 10 2013 at 12:00AM

Doesn't seem like it's a new article. And the idea that anything in there would piss Axl off is silly.

I hope Dexter does not log in and see your post.

He would be PISSED OFF!

Holy shit! If I was Ax I'd be livid. Duff is a massive cunt for trashing Axl so blatantly in this. I can't believe Duff would do this. Probably piss Axl off? More like WILL piss Axl off without questions. This is the most venomous thing any of the ex members have ever said about Axl.

HE DID THIS FOR US SO WE CAN FAP TO IT!

Am I the only one who thinks Axl has a very strong relationship with Beta for healthy reasons, yes she's like a mother figure and her family are basically his younger siblings... no it's not a 'normal' dynamic but this is Axl Rose who has come from a clusterfuck carrying his talent and wits through the LA streets into clubs into arenas into another clusterfuck whirlwind into hibernation and attempted rebirth and now semi-retirement... he isn't a normal guy able to hold many assumed dynamics of normality... he is also a pretty sharp guy despite his confusing elements of non-communication and refusal to make the best of his musical talents over the last decade. The Lebeis family obviously give him much in way of emotional support and happiness... or they'd be out on their asses, this is Axl! They are doing as well, if not better than other managers and Axl's performances have been the same hit or miss they always are since new Guns started. They make their lifestyle and business off Gnr, that's Axl's choice, it's again, a weird context for Guns N' Roses as an entity but nothing too odd for the as always peculiar vocalist.

• Like 1

What marriage is Duff on right now? 3 or 4? Seems like a credible source for relationship advice.

Think his current wife is his third wife. But in fairness, I think even Duff would acknowledge that he's a different kind of guy now than he was during his first two marriages (during the heydays of GNR).

• Like 1

What marriage is Duff on right now? 3 or 4? Seems like a credible source for relationship advice.

Think his current wife is his third wife. But in fairness, I think even Duff would acknowledge that he's a different kind of guy now than he was during his first two marriages (during the heydays of GNR).

Absolutely, sober Duff is just a great guy. His wife is not bad by the way.

Not a comparison... his first two wives were basically crack heads he partied with ...not trying to put them down.. that's what Duff described them as in his book... his current wife ... they have built a life and a family together.

You can't compare Duff's life to Axl's life. Duff has a wife and two girls. I agree that husband and fathers should share the chores with their wives, so that's not news to me.

Axl is not married nor does he have kids. His priority is himself, so there's nothing for Axl to feel bad about.

If Axl was married and had kids I would hope he would be a very active husband and dad, but since he's not there's no point in it.

Whatever Duff says is the way he feels his life is and that's great. I remember seeing him on a reality show and him talking about how he took his girls to see Justin Beber. I thought that was awesome because he was confident enough to take his girl's somewhere that he knew most dads would be going to. he even commented on how many moms were dressed like teenagers and he felt bad for them. lol

Am I the only one who thinks Axl has a very strong relationship with Beta for healthy reasons, yes she's like a mother figure and her family are basically his younger siblings... no it's not a 'normal' dynamic but this is Axl Rose who has come from a clusterfuck carrying his talent and wits through the LA streets into clubs into arenas into another clusterfuck whirlwind into hibernation and attempted rebirth and now semi-retirement... he isn't a normal guy able to hold many assumed dynamics of normality... he is also a pretty sharp guy despite his confusing elements of non-communication and refusal to make the best of his musical talents over the last decade. The Lebeis family obviously give him much in way of emotional support and happiness... or they'd be out on their asses, this is Axl! They are doing as well, if not better than other managers and Axl's performances have been the same hit or miss they always are since new Guns started. They make their lifestyle and business off Gnr, that's Axl's choice, it's again, a weird context for Guns N' Roses as an entity but nothing too odd for the as always peculiar vocalist.

Yes. I like his new mother. In fact, I don't really get along with my real mom. New mother starts now! I'm not even 40!

Edited by Rovim

I think Beta will look out for Axl in a normal, mom way. First and foremost I think, that's just the impression. They aren't enabling him to be another Elvis. The fact he watches a lot of TV and comes back from vacation fully bloated is normal. He drinks a bit but he's not with pipe. He goes to chili burger shacks. This is average guy stuff. Not a life threatening. Well you know it's life threatening in a normal way. I don't see the evil TB is meant to be.

You can't run from a stolen family!

• Like 2

I think Beta will look out for Axl in a normal, mom way. First and foremost I think, that's just the impression. They aren't enabling him to be another Elvis. The fact he watches a lot of TV and comes back from vacation fully bloated is normal. He drinks a bit but he's not with pipe. He goes to chili burger shacks. This is average guy stuff. Not a life threatening. Well you know it's life threatening in a normal way. I don't see the evil TB is meant to be.

You can't run from a stolen family!

I want a new grandpa too. When you move to new pets it's suddenly normal.

Nope. you are not the only one.

But Happy Axl is bad business for Guns N Roses. I can live with that, I wish all the best to the guy that wrote those classic songs.