Majora's Mask for 3DS confirmed

Chewbacca

Well, it was confirmed and fuck you, Nintendo. What a waste, you make a remake of wind waker (that looks basically the same, just added some light and other enhanced effects) for the wii U, but makes a MM remake for your handheld? Why? Just because OoT also received a remake for 3DS? nonsense!

First, you tease us with this:

and then...

Is it me or even the graphics are less dark? I know this is Zelda and not Bloodborne, but this is considered to be the dark, depressing, twisted (as far as an E rated game goes) chapter of the series, it was asking for a console that can at least give some better ambietation, but no, let's waste it on handheld.

They could, at least, make a 3ds and U version for it... :(

I still think they should make a wii U version for it, like ssmb4.

anyways, here's the special edition of MM3D, only in Europe though:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/nintendo-announced-legend-zelda-majoras-mask-3ds-remake-1473375

Relax, it will probably never happen, but you've got Zelda Wii U on the horizon. I'm just happy they've finally made a remake. It needed and deserved an update.

Edited by Rovim

Figured this would happen eventually after OoT3D was released..a full remake on the next-gen would have been amazing for it, but this should be awesome for revisiting the game

Maybe they'll add more content too besides a Master Quest, I'd love to see another dungeon added at least..or more masks

Curious if the glitch will still be in the game where you can roll into the entrance of the thief's lair in Ikana Canyon to equip the Fierce Diety mask outside of dungeons.. :P

• 3 years later...

Ok so I never played the N64 Zelda games as a kid. I bought myself a New 3DS XL for my birthday in 2015 and bought Ocarina of Time. I'm finally sitting down and playing it because I want to play Majora's Mask, but I told myself I can't buy it until I beat OoT.

1 hour ago, luciusfunk said:

Ok so I never played the N64 Zelda games as a kid. I bought myself a New 3DS XL for my birthday in 2015 and bought Ocarina of Time. I'm finally sitting down and playing it because I want to play Majora's Mask, but I told myself I can't buy it until I beat OoT.

Both are spectacular games. I have them tied on my top 10 list because I can’t legitimately choose one over the other. 

50 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I would love both to be included as an HD remake collection for Switch.

I wish we got these on Wii U instead of 3DS remakes and vice versa in my controversial opinion. Twilight Princess HD didn’t even really look that HD.

8 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I wish we got these on Wii U instead of 3DS remakes and vice versa in my controversial opinion. Twilight Princess HD didn’t even really look that HD.

That reminds me, I still need to work on Twilight Princess HD. I never finished it on the Wii before I sold it and I told myself I'm not selling my Wii U until I beat TPHD. I'm also thinking about getting Windwaker HD and Skyward Sword since it's playable on a Wii U. I'm just so far behind on Zelda games because I didn't play Nintendo after SNES until the Wii was on its way out, and I didn't like the Wii much.

• GNFNR 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I also hope all of these games get a Switch release. I'm sure they will, Nintendo is taking their sweet time on them for sure. I have both Ocarana and Majora on both the N64 and 3DS. I also have Windwaker on the GC. I have yet to beat any of them, but my daughter just beat Ocarana the other day. I'm pretty far in Windwaker, I plan on completing it this summer... hopefully, lol.