U2 Send Alcohol To Recovering Addict Slash

STPFAN

When you talk about how another drink would kill someone, I think Slash and Duff are definitely in that category lol. If I remember Duff was doing 10 bottles of wine a day, Slash always had a bottle of JD. I like the booze a bit more than I oughta but these guys were totally bonkers with the stuff when you read what they were doing every day.

I guess being around alcohol is something ex addicts have to come to terms with. I'm sure Slash is used to it, from what I gather Perla still drinks and probably most of his friends.

I think it was Eddie Trunk's podcast where he said he feels like he shouldn't drink around Slash, but Slash insists that people shouldn't change their ways around him like that.

I don't think Slash minds being around those that likes to have that casual drink. Here's what Chris Jericho said when he had hung out with Slash.

After a few minutes, Slash was told by his tour manager that he had to leave to go to an official after-show party that had been booked by the venue.

“I don’t really want to do it. I’ll only go if Jericho comes with me.”

I was flattered by Slash’s odd request and of course agreed to go. We headed over to the Tattoo Rock Club in downtown Toronto, a venue Fozzy had played before (and where I got my Fozzy F hand tattoo), and we sat side by side in a back booth in the VIP area as the clock struck midnight.

There was a huge tub on the table in front of us, filled with all types of booze provided by the club, who obviously didn’t know that Slash had been clean and sober for years.

“Do you drink?” he asked, and when I told him I did he replied, “Good, I don’t drink anymore, but I like hanging out with people who do.