Your opinion: Is Axl currently "looking very seriously at what we're doing in that regard"?

Very seriously  

177 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Of course Axl was lying when he said that. It's clear his band is about going on tour one month per year to get some money, partying and booze.

Guns N' Roses was always about touring to get some money, partying and booze.
Wrong, false and ridiculous statement. cupcake better.
Oh yeah, you're right they were about sobriety, trips to the library, and going to bed early. :lol:
cupcake better.

Be less boring.

Of course Axl was lying when he said that. It's clear his band is about going on tour one month per year to get some money, partying and booze.

Do we forget that back in the day, Guns N' Roses were able to do all that AND also release new music for their millions fans to enjoy?

Nope, didn't forget.

Hey wait a second...you're saying they were partly about money, partying and booze. :-o

Hey Tweedle-Dee! Tweedle-Dum's gone rogue! :lol: hurry up and tell him how wrong, false and ridiculous he's being.

Do we forget that back in the day, Guns N' Roses were able to do all that AND also release new music for their millions fans to enjoy?

It took some time and your post but I think tomfriend finally got my point.

Nope, didn't forget.

Hey wait a second...you're saying they were partly about money, partying and booze. :-o

Hey Tweedle-Dee! Tweedle-Dum's gone rogue! :lol: hurry up and tell him how wrong, false and ridiculous he's being.

Yes, you did forget. When Guns became one of the biggest bands in the world, they didn't stop producing music. Money, partying and booze came along with that. They weren't doing it merely for those things.

Nowadays, Axl is just all about the money, that's why he keeps prostituting the band's name playing the hits for the nth in South America. That's a statement everyone else but a blind Axl fan would completely understand.

Edited by Nosaj Thing

Do you have fevered nightmares about Axl fans? You seem to be obsessed, like someone's deranged great aunt who thinks there are reds under the bed.

And bull-fucking-shit, the only reason anyone starts a band is money, fame, partying and women. End of story.

Likewise where you get this shit about me being some blind Axl fan, who knows. The depths of your ass seems to be where most of the thinking takes place. Appetite For Democracy was shit, I don't believe new music is coming and I haven't liked anything the guy did since 2010. But hey, keep up your narrative. :) Blind Axl fans! In the closet! Under the bed! Boogidyboogidy.

Edited by tomfriend

Do you have fevered nightmares about Axl fans? You seem to be obsessed, like someone's deranged great aunt who thinks there are reds under the bed.

Are you going to address my comments on the subject or derail another thread hoping that somehow people change their tune because they're hurting Axl fans feelings? Really, I think that whatever you said past "obsessed", is just a weak attempt at being funny. It's not working, buddy. You don't have the talent.

And bull-fucking-shit, the only reason anyone starts a band is money, fame, partying and women. End of story.

Bull-fucking-shit.

Back up your claim with facts. Oh wait, you don't have one.

• Like 1

Are you going to address my comments on the subject or derail another thread hoping that somehow people change their tune because they're hurting Axl fans feelings? Really, I think that whatever you said past "obsessed", is just a weak attempt at being funny. It's not working, buddy. You don't have the talent.

Bull-fucking-shit.Back up your claim with facts. Oh wait, you don't have one.

Every early interview with every honest rock star who ever lived. Next!

Feel free to share those interviews and even if you find one, we're discussing Guns N' Roses not the band of some 'honest rock star who ever lived'.

Somehow, Guns was all about the money, living in shit apartments and writing songs in pizza boxes. Sure.

Feel free to share those interviews and even if you find one, we're discussing Guns N' Roses not the band of some 'honest rock star who ever lived'.Somehow, Guns was all about the money, living in shit apartments and writing songs in pizza boxes. Sure.

Please tell me you're just playing dumb.

They started out in a shitty place, so...what, they must have wanted to stay there? :lol: or maybe...just maybe....they thought the music might be the gateway to better money, better parties, better girls?...y'know...so the motivation for them doing it was....

Oh I give up, talking to you is like handing out sandwiches in the graveyard. And yeah, I'm going to waste my time pasting interviews for someone who's incapable of reading posts and attributing the correct views to the correct user. I think not. Night night, sleep tight, mind the Blind Axl Fans don't bite. ;)

Feel free to share those interviews and even if you find one, we're discussing Guns N' Roses not the band of some 'honest rock star who ever lived'.Somehow, Guns was all about the money, living in shit apartments and writing songs in pizza boxes. Sure.

Please tell me you're just playing dumb.

They started out in a shitty place, so...what, they must have wanted to stay there? :lol: or maybe...just maybe....they thought the music might be the gateway to better money, better parties, better girls?...y'know...so the motivation for them doing it was....

Oh I give up, talking to you is like handing out sandwiches in the graveyard. And yeah, I'm going to waste my time pasting interviews for someone who's incapable of reading posts and attributing the correct views to the correct user. I think not. Night night, sleep tight, mind the Blind Axl Fans don't bite. ;)

I don't play dumb, I'm not an Axl fan like you.

It's very explicit in their music that they weren't doing it to get money and fame. They decided to do things their way. If they were expecting money and fame to get "better parties and better girls" why they didn't follow through as the other bands at that time? Even when Axl released Chinese Democracy, he was still doing it for the purpose of pushing things his way and not the other way around. It's clear. They weren't trying to please anyone with AFD or the UYIs. It's impossible to believe you can't understand that.

I would suggest that, next time, you come up with better excuses for the lack of proof of the facts that you foolishly thought you had. We're not having a private conversation, there are others who can read what you share but hey, I understand that Axl fans like to play dumb and excuse themselves whenever they can after they could not rewrite history. ;)

Edited by Nosaj Thing

I think that even if Axl is looking seriously in that regard it doesn't matter, we already know that GNR is not going to do anything within a reasonable amount of time. I just don't believe that the band is doing music in terms of writing material or putting together the planned songs for the next album and finishing them. Or if there are finished songs ready to go I don't believe anything is happening with them right now.

I would love to be proved wrong, of course

Not digging your Axl hate in every topic dude.

Bad news. I won't stop. Lol having an opinion = hate. Axl fans are the best :lol:

Not asking you to stop. You just don't...diss Slash that's all.

rdlol.gif

• Like 2

In May, Axl gave an interview with Revolver and stated this in regards to new music: "But after Vegas, we're going to start looking very seriously at what we're doing in that regard." It's November. In your honest opinion, is Axl looking very seriously at a new release or not?

We all can have opinions and especulate. I don´t think that´s the issue. Since that statement Axl gave in Revolver magazine. We haven´t had more serious updates. All we have is the hope and soon coming from DJ and Dizzy Reed. I´d like to ask them why they keep saying that. It´s a been there and done that for all of us. I want official news on the matter. If Axl doesn´t want to talk, fine. But why the record company is not saying a word either? They are not Axl´s yes man employees. What´s stopping them from giving and update? If the media guys here could find a way to get a statement from the record company I´d really appreciated.

Without a doubt, Axl's crippling insecurity and inability to take decisive action with his "finished" music is what's continuing to delay this thing. When a release depends on someone's ever-fragile psychological state, and little else, it's impossible to guess when we'll be "close" to it.

Yup.

I'm sure he likes to spend time in the studio with Caram endlessly tinkering on songs that he's been working on for years (some like Oklahoma/Berlin for over 15 years by now), but it's a case of not wanting to deal with both the label (and vice versa) and not wanting to get another critical/commercial drubbing. Or worse than all of that, have no one care.

I'd love to hear absolutely everything from the ChiDem sessions, it's my kind of music, but I realise I'm in a minuscule minority.

"It’s like, you have to ask yourself, do I wanna give all that, and have someone fuckin’ spitting in my face? Does it mean that much to me? No! I dig the songs. If you don’t want ‘em, fine. But I don’t have to give them to you."

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=4

I know I've posted that interview from 1990 at least twice before now, but it's still unbelievably relevant.

• Like 3

Without a doubt, Axl's crippling insecurity and inability to take decisive action with his "finished" music is what's continuing to delay this thing. When a release depends on someone's ever-fragile psychological state, and little else, it's impossible to guess when we'll be "close" to it.

Yup.

I'm sure he likes to spend time in the studio with Caram endlessly tinkering on songs that he's been working on for years (some like Oklahoma/Berlin for over 15 years by now), but it's a case of not wanting to deal with both the label (and vice versa) and not wanting to get another critical/commercial drubbing. Or worse than all of that, have no one care.

I'd love to hear absolutely everything from the ChiDem sessions, it's my kind of music, but I realise I'm in a minuscule minority.

"It’s like, you have to ask yourself, do I wanna give all that, and have someone fuckin’ spitting in my face? Does it mean that much to me? No! I dig the songs. If you don’t want ‘em, fine. But I don’t have to give them to you."

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=4

I know I've posted that interview from 1990 at least twice before now, but it's still unbelievably relevant.

It's weird, in the chats he seemed both at peace with both the critical & commercial success of Chi Dem. Then just two months later he was filled with venom (Billboard & Del James interviews) and sounded like he never wanted to release anything again. I don't get it.