Your opinion: Is Axl currently "looking very seriously at what we're doing in that regard"?

Very seriously  

177 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's funny how even Bumblefoot has even come out with excuses like 'with an organisation as huge as GN'R it just takes so much time to get anything done...' and it's like, ohrlly? Just to take one example, it hasn't been too hard for Iron Maiden to put out 4 amazingly-received records in the last 14 years, tour each of them (including playing one in its entirety), and also do in-between tours playing only songs from either periods of the 80s or just songs from the last decade and put out a live DVD/CD of most of them.

I wish Axl would do a tour of just songs from the last decade...oh wait....the new songs are all over a decade old.

It's funny how even Bumblefoot has even come out with excuses like 'with an organisation as huge as GN'R it just takes so much time to get anything done...' and it's like, ohrlly? Just to take one example, it hasn't been too hard for Iron Maiden to put out 4 amazingly-received records in the last 14 years, tour each of them (including playing one in its entirety), and also do in-between tours playing only songs from either periods of the 80s or just songs from the last decade and put out a live DVD/CD of most of them.

I wish Axl would do a tour of just songs from the last decade...oh wait....the new songs are all over a decade old.

I love how they come up with new ways of saying it's Axl's fault. "Life gets in the way" being my personal favorite.

Looks like a little over 80% of us think Axl is full of shit.

Such honest. Much integrity.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of these days Axl gets tired of reading the criticism (in his crazy mind: hatred) towards him and decides to call you a cunt in the forum. That said, I'm looking forward to that moment.

• Like 1

Honesty and integrity have very little with an inability to produce. If the question was "Do you believe Axl would release something if he was able to get off Beta's udder and do something?" the results might be a bit different.
  • Like 1

Honesty and integrity have very little with an inability to produce. If the question was "Do you believe Axl would release something if he was able to get off Beta's udder and do something?" the results might be a bit different.

But isn't the question whether Axl meant what he said?

But isn't the question whether Axl meant what he said?
No. I'm 100% sure he meant to do what he said when he said it, but that fresh cow milk must be both intoxicating and destracting, I'm assuming.
  • Like 1

Even if Axl came here and posted the release date for a new album I'd still have doubts. CD was released because of the leaks. The label forced its release. If there weren't leaks I doubt it would be ever released. Axl says a lot of things but his actions speak louder to me. And his actions indicate he's fine with touring 1-2 months a year with whoever is up to play with him. He's dead as dead can be as an artist. Axl is an entertainer, in Vegas. lol.

Since Axl likes things to sound perfect, who knows how long that'll be.

A lot of the GNR members are doing other things right now, so is Axl waiting for them to join in or will he eventually do it all by himself?

Answer: Who the hell knows?

You really think he meant it? Look how tortured his language is. It's almost like he's embarrassed about how full of shit he is. "Looking very seriously into what we're doing in that regard"? Fuckin' :lol:

Yeah, I'm sure he meant it. Never in a million years do I believe he'll execute it, but I'm sure he meant it. There was no reason in the world to say it if he didn't.

You really think he meant it? Look how tortured his language is. It's almost like he's embarrassed about how full of shit he is. "Looking very seriously into what we're doing in that regard"? Fuckin' :lol:

Yeah, I'm sure he meant it. Never in a million years do I believe he'll execute it, but I'm sure he meant it. There was no reason in the world to say it if he didn't.

I firmly believe Axl says whatever he thinks puts him in the best light and then worries about convincing himself it's true later.

Either way, no music.

I firmly believe Axl says whatever he thinks puts him in the best light and then worries about convincing himself it's true later.

Either way, no music.

I guess I just don't see how he'd see saying that as putting him in the best light if he knew he didn't mean it and people would use it as an excuse to laugh at him when it didn't come to fruition.

I´m not sure he meant it. A few years ago in an interview with Del James he was asked about a CD follow up. He said "I don´t know and I don´t care" At that time his explanation was he wanted to tour a lot with CD. We know in the begining he did. But little by little most of CD songs got dropped. In the interview with Relvolver he couldn´t say "I don´t care" again after all these years. All or most of the guys in the band would leave if they hear such a statement. So he came up with "Looking very seriously". It wasn´t the first time. We have heard "definite maybe" as well. It doesn´t look like those kind of answers mean he is working his ass off on a new album.

I´m not sure he meant it. A few years ago in an interview with Del James he was asked about a CD follow up. He said "I don´t know and I don´t care" At that time his explanation was he wanted to tour a lot with CD. We know in the begining he did. But little by little most of CD songs got dropped. In the interview with Relvolver he couldn´t say "I don´t care" again after all these years. All or most of the guys in the band would leave if they hear such a statement. So he came up with "Looking very seriously". It wasn´t the first time. We have heard "definite maybe" as well. It doesn´t look like those kind of answers mean he is working his ass off on a new album.

He made the statement about wanting to tour CD for awhile in '09. He definitely lived up to that statement no matter how you look at it. It doesn't matter if songs were dropped 2-3 years later by any stretch of the imagination. "Definitely maybe" has no bearing on anything because it in no way revealed his intentions. Who do you feel would leave the band if he had no intention of releasing anything ever again? Let's take a look at this.

DJ- Uses the name to promote Ashba Swag more than he cares about learning the old songs, much less anything new.

Richard- Doesn't seem to care one way or the other and given his limited role in the band wouldn't be hard to replace if he did.

Ron- The only member ever that has used the name for anything other than shameless self promotion by using it to help promote indy artists that definitely gained more exposure having him guest on and produce albums and play with them at live shows. Probably willing to suck it up for that reason alone.

Dizzy- LOL

Pittman- Strongly believes there is no use for releasing any album of any sort.

Tommy- Way too drunk to care.

Frank- Who?

Again, who there is going anywhere? And nowhere did I claim that Axl saying that definitely meant that he was doing it, only that he intended to. There is quite a huge difference there.

He made the statement about wanting to tour CD for awhile in '09. He definitely lived up to that statement no matter how you look at it. It doesn't matter if songs were dropped 2-3 years later by any stretch of the imagination. "Definitely maybe" has no bearing on anything because it in no way revealed his intentions. Who do you feel would leave the band if he had no intention of releasing anything ever again? Let's take a look at this.

DJ- Uses the name to promote Ashba Swag more than he cares about learning the old songs, much less anything new.

Richard- Doesn't seem to care one way or the other and given his limited role in the band wouldn't be hard to replace if he did.

Ron- The only member ever that has used the name for anything other than shameless self promotion by using it to help promote indy artists that definitely gained more exposure having him guest on and produce albums and play with them at live shows. Probably willing to suck it up for that reason alone.

Dizzy- LOL

Pittman- Strongly believes there is no use for releasing any album of any sort.

Tommy- Way too drunk to care.

Frank- Who?

Again, who there is going anywhere? And nowhere did I claim that Axl saying that definitely meant that he was doing it, only that he intended to. There is quite a huge difference there.

Im with Pittman on the releasing albums thing. It seems like there's no market for that kind of music.

Either way, no music.

I guess I just don't see how he'd see saying that as putting him in the best light if he knew he didn't mean it and people would use it as an excuse to laugh at him when it didn't come to fruition.

Up until around 2006, I used to have the opinion that Axl believed what he said when he said it. Like the "18 songs and a bonus disc, tour, then another cycle" stuff. When things like that never happened, I used to let it slide because I was of the mind that he probably believed it when he said it and wasn't directly lying.

Since then though, everything seems like he skirts any issue of import while still trying to keep some sort of interest/hope in what GN'R might do. I've said this several times but I think we will not see another GN'R album in Axl's life time. Statements like this "Looking very seriously at doing something in that regard" seem to support my statement. If nothing comes of it, Axl still reserves the right to claim that the evil label is putting mountains he can't move in his way.

• Like 1

I always wondered if it was a language thing. If I ask something of someone and he answers he'll be 'looking very seriously at doing something in that regard', I don't believe for a second he's actually going to do that. To me, it's a roundabout way of saying no more often than not.