Your opinion: Will Axl & Slash ever speak to each other again?

Slash/Axl feud  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hopefully one day Axl will apologize to Slash for the nasty things he called him over the years.

Indeed.

+1 calling Slash a cancer a few months after Slash lost his mother to cancer is disgusting. Axl Rose should be ashamed

Hopefully one day Axl will apologize to Slash for the nasty things he called him over the years.

Indeed.

+1 calling Slash a cancer a few months after Slash lost his mother to cancer is disgusting. Axl Rose should be ashamed

It was months before, not after, and not even Slash knew his mother had cancer at the time.

I'd like to know why Axl refuses to talk to Slash. Something to do with Slash taking the demo's he presented to Axl and turning them into Snakepit songs cause Axl turned them down and said only a couple of them were decent enough, I dunno.

It came down to bashing each others songs and refusing to work on anything together. Duff took Axl's side (even though Axl said Slash AND Duff called him stupid?) and I'm pretty sure Matt's talked about what happened.

Either way, Slash quit, thinking GNR was done and he didn't think Axl would carry GNR on without him.

Edited by dalsh327

Indeed.

It was months before, not after, and not even Slash knew his mother had cancer at the time.

Really? I didn't know that. Still, calling someone a cancer is not 'nice' at all. If Axl never apologizes to Slash, people who want to see them together can forget about it.

Indeed.

Really? I didn't know that. Still, calling someone a cancer is not 'nice' at all. If Axl never apologizes to Slash, people who want to see them together can forget about it.

People who want to see them together should have forgot about it long ago. In fact, this poll surprises me in that so many people are using fantasy instead of common sense to cast a vote.

Indeed.

People who want to see them together should have forgot about it long ago. In fact, this poll surprises me in that so many people are using fantasy instead of common sense to cast a vote.

Believe me, I'm surprised too. Few years ago this poll would have been 90% NO, 10% YES.

Indeed.

Believe me, I'm surprised too. Few years ago this poll would have been 90% NO, 10% YES.

I know. Where did they all come from?

Indeed.

I really doubt Slash would care about getting an apology, but that's just my impression.

Indeed.

I don't think they'll ever play together. I wouldn't really care about it tbh.

But I don't think it's impossible that they'll communicate before they die, even if it's just once.

Indeed.

I don't think they'll ever play together. I wouldn't really care about it tbh.

But I don't think it's impossible that they'll communicate before they die, even if it's just once.

Maybe a "fuck you" in passing, I guess.
  • Like 1

I'd like to know why Axl refuses to talk to Slash. Something to do with Slash taking the demo's he presented to Axl and turning them into Snakepit songs cause Axl turned them down and said only a couple of them were decent enough, I dunno.

It came down to bashing each others songs and refusing to work on anything together. Duff took Axl's side (even though Axl said Slash AND Duff called him stupid?) and I'm pretty sure Matt's talked about what happened.

Either way, Slash quit, thinking GNR was done and he didn't think Axl would carry GNR on without him.

That's pretty egotistical i think. Thinking he wouldn't carry on GNR without him. Thank god he did carry on the name or would we be having this conversation? I do wonder what a GNR album would sound like in the mid to late nineties, is it a blessing in disguise that they didn't make an album?

Don't think Axl is finished pouring the venom out of that wound just yet, he clearly perceives it to be a deep, gnawing battlefield with several trenches he can dip in and out of depending on his current opinion of Slash, I highly doubt it will magically heal anytime soon. He clearly damaged Axl a lot and he doesn't forget, does he? I just cannot see it happening regardless of how we impose our values of forgiveness, perspective, context and time into the equation, Axl is a grandiosely absorbent sponge when it comes to emotional matters. He still ofc feels fondness for the times and work they had together but I think it's kinda separate, you got the Slash pissed his pants story next to 'not in this lifetime', he hasn't shown that he feels like relenting anytime soon. I'd say a 90% chance they don't speak before either dies, a 99% chance him and Slash never share the stage again.

If I love someone and that person left me and go to the press just to talk shit about me ... I would consider that like a betrayal...

I don't think Slash leaving the band should be looked at as a betrayal, by all accounts Axl was a nightmare to work with.

It's true Slash was a dick to say that shit in the press but Slash was already doing that beforehand, he mocked Axl's relationship problems with the "Stephanie Seymour ballads" remark in 1995 and yet Axl was still willing to work with him afterwards. As for the name signing shit, Duff says the exact same shit both in the press and in his book and Axl is willing to play with Duff. It makes no sense.

I don't think Slash leaving the band should be looked at as a betrayal

It's ok to have different opinions :)

It's true Slash was a dick to say that shit in the press but Slash was already doing that beforehand, he mocked Axl's relationship problems with the "Stephanie Seymour ballads" remark in 1995 and yet Axl was still willing to work with him afterwards.

Yeah man, Axl was dealing with that kind of shit for some time ... but, that wasn't enough for him to leave his old mate Slash ... we have to admit that Axl is the loyal kind.

As for the name signing shit, Duff says the exact same shit both in the press and in his book and Axl is willing to play with Duff. It makes no sense.

Obviously Axl had a stronger relationship with Slash, that's why he felt more betrayed by him ... besides, when Slash left he broke the band in it's heart ... when Duff left, there wasn't much to left anyway ... in the other hand Duff stopped talking shit about Axl and as far as I know he never took it too personal, like Slash did, talking about Steph and so ... Duff is a diplomat nowadays and he seems to know how to do things in the right way, probably that's why he end it up coming along with Axl again :)

They did already talk after the breakup, but I don't think they're getting back together in this life.

What talk are you referring to? They both claim they haven't spoken since 1996.

Axl begged Slash to come back ... and he didn't because he was too high ... he was full of himself ...

That's why he doesn't want to play with him anymore ... Axl did everything he could to bring Slash back at that time.