6 years since Chinese Democracy came out

I expect nothing, and we'll get nothing. Maybe some South American tour I don't give a shit about and probably won't even notice.

You can't possibly know what we'll get. Axl said CD ll was done and that it's time to seriously look into it. (how to get it released)

Axl says a lot of fucking things lol.

Does CD ll have an official title at least? what is it? even small things like that are unknown to us. What damage can it cause to what Axl is trying to do? everything's a fuckin' secret like they're building a bomb or something.

Why not post another Axl essay on the official site or Gn'R's facebook page giving us what we need most, information? 6 years after Chinese, why can't they throw us a bone? just a real indication it's on.

I believe it's coming, but the wait doesn't have to be so painful imo. Look what Slash did to hype his new release with the youtube thing they did, playing snippets from songs. It was great. I can't even imagine Axl doing things like that.

Why so insecure Axl? a lot of fans here want to hear more music from you. Not even a pic of Fernando conducting one of his glorious 3 hour meetings. :max:

Edited by Rovim

I expect nothing, and we'll get nothing. Maybe some South American tour I don't give a shit about and probably won't even notice.

You can't possibly know what we'll get. Axl said CD ll was done and that it's time to seriously look into it. (how to get it released)

Axl says a lot of fucking things lol.

He chooses his words very carefully now whenever he does talk about unreleased material, so for me, the shit he said about it being done, and seriously looking into it (a release) is believable. Like I've said, he has no reason to mention how the album is done other then to show his intentions to release it in the near future. If he had no plans to release it, the best thing to do would have been to not say anything about it.

Edited by Rovim

New AC/DC is just coming out...still no new Metallica...both released before Chinese.

Why does Lulu not count?

If Axl teamed-up with David Bowie and released a concept album tomorrow, would you not count it as new music?

And what about Beyond Magentic? If Axl released an EP of leftovers from the Chinese sessions, would you just dismiss it? Let's play fair.

Edited by John Bonham
  • Like 3

I cannot believe it has been 6 years. Goddamn time sure does fly.

Still the only song on CD I consider to be an amazing song is There Was a Time. Such a great song and the only song I go back to on that album. Sure, I'll listen to some other songs very rarely (Madagascar & IRS primarily), but it is mostly a forgettable album for me. In my opinion, the worst songs from CD (in order) are Scraped, Sorry and If the World.

I expect the next two years to be the same as the past two years. Same old shows, not much else.

Even Axl can't tour forever without releasing new material. He showed interest in releasing it, saying he would "love to" do it.

If it's really finished why the fuck he doesn't release it? I don't believe it's finished. I do believe that it's in the works. I do believe it's almost done, but almost done for years now and Axl's perfectionism and his mental issues just won't allow him to release it anytime "soon".

This guy isn't the only person in the world who has to deal with record labels and what not. But it's like ... nobody else gets stressed more by this kind of shit.

Axl said in 2006 that 26 songs were done out of 32. Take out what we have (14 songs) and it's at least 12 unreleased songs that are done, probably 18.

Axl also said recently CD ll is done. He has no real reason to lie about that. It will only cause more backlash and expectations from the fans if it's not true so it doesn't really seem likely imo.

Isn't that answer enough? 26 done songs in 2006. Still he needed 2 years to release 14 songs out of 26.

It doesn't matter how many songs he's got or if he says CDII is done. Only question matters is: when will Axl be in the "mood" to release his material. Either it's that or he is lying

Chinese is a great album , only scraped and riad are poor for me, just there as album fillers . It's a great album, if it was exactly the same but slash instead of a million different people it'd be loved by every gnr fan

Very stupid remark. Speak for yourself.

Chinese is a great album , only scraped and riad are poor for me, just there as album fillers . It's a great album, if it was exactly the same but slash instead of a million different people it'd be loved by every gnr fan

How's it a stupid remark ? I take it your one of many here who could pick a fight in an empty room.

Way too much stuff like that lately

Well Im one of those fans are really hoping for a Cd2 album release and the sooner the better. I love the new writings and hope theres more electronica industrial type like OMG n SILKWORMS. hope next its a double!

I cant help it. Im addicted to any GNR lineup.

How's it a stupid remark ? I take it your one of many here who could pick a fight in an empty room.

Way too much stuff like that lately

To say that if the album were exactly the same but featuring Slash, it would be loved by every GNR fan is simply a very stupid remark. Not picking fights, read your post again and you'll agree with me. Or, like I said, speak for yourself.

• Like 2

He chooses his words very carefully now whenever he does talk about unreleased material, so for me, the shit he said about it being done, and seriously looking into it (a release) is believable. Like I've said, he has no reason to mention how the album is done other then to show his intentions to release it in the near future. If he had no plans to release it, the best thing to do would have been to not say anything about it.

I think Axl means what he says. The problem is that his moods and views on things changes from day to day, hour to hour. He may wake up tomorrow and feel like he wants to get shit rolling and then two days later, be in some self loathing state where there's no point etc.

Edited by combos

New AC/DC is just coming out...still no new Metallica...both released before Chinese.

I'm a little confused by your comment and how it has any relevence to GnR's current situation.

AC/DC

They have released 19 albums worth of material, 4 live albums and an EP. And two box sets.

Metallica

Since 1991 Metallica has released 10 albums and 4 EPS. Plus two Box Sets.

I'm confused as to why you would choose those two bands to compare Axl's lack of interest in releasing music for his fans with, as I'm positive that all of us here would love it if Axl had shared as much music with his fans as Metallica/AC/DC have shared with their fans.

If GnR ha a large catalog of back material then FANS wouldn't be so dissapointed with Axl's lack of interest of sharing his music with us. AC/DC has 19 albums to enjoy - we have four. That's quite a difference.

• Like 2

Adding Slash to CD would probably make it better but you still can't polish a turd. To suggest GNR fans would love it just because Slash would be on it is total crap. The songs are boring. The lyrics are weak. The tone of the album is total Butthurt. The supposed rockers are vague generic garbage. It's the worst group of songs in the whole GNR catalog. It makes no difference if Slash is on it or not.

I thought Chinese would be better with time but no.

The hype of CD is gone for me. Still listen to TWAT and Catcher In The Rye. Maybe Prostitute but that's all.

A lot of songs don't make any sense anymore.

Hey those are the 2 songs I listen to most frequently.. I have the cd in the car and every few days I'll give those two songs a play. They still feel some what fresh even today.

I thought Chinese would be better with time but no.

The hype of CD is gone for me. Still listen to TWAT and Catcher In The Rye. Maybe Prostitute but that's all.

A lot of songs don't make any sense anymore.

Hey those are the 2 songs I listen to most frequently.. I have the cd in the car and every few days I'll give those two songs a play. They still feel some what fresh even today.

Great taste. Those songs have a lot of heart.