Dr. Who

Axl in the Wilderness Years (1994-2000), a photographic and oral history

I also noticed Axl's hair changed through out the years. When he was a child I'm pretty his hair was dark ginger like an auburn colour. As he got older his hsir got lighter to a strawberry blonde sandy colour. In most of his pictures his hair look brown but I still see he's definitely a redhead.

Yeah I always thought he was a dark blonde until 3yrs ago, was surprised he was a redhead. Mind you I wasn't following the band before that & only saw clips on tv while being kept busy - his school photo shows the definite red.

Ah we need a new album or something new to discuss this is getting pretty bad, I mean just what the heck kind of thread is this? I know we've discussed his appearance before but this has gotten pretty crazy hahahaha

• Like 1

I've noticed Axl changes his hair with major life changes.

Ex.

1995/1996 - GN'R is falling apart, Axl cuts his hair short

2000-2001 - GN'R is relaunching, Axl grows his hair long

2001 - 2007- Axl launches Chinese D live, gets braids

2009 - Chinese D is out, Axl grows his hair long again.

Ex.

He was a skinhead in 1996. I wonder what hair Axl had in 2005 since I haven't seen an 05' pic of him, was it the 2002 braids or the 2006 braids also did Axl still had the braids in 2008 since there aren't any 2008 pics of him.

Ex.

He was a skinhead in 1996. I wonder what hair Axl had in 2005 since I haven't seen an 05' pic of him, was it the 2002 braids or the 2006 braids also did Axl still had the braids in 2008 since there aren't any 2008 pics of him.

2005 I believe

axlroseappreciation265079_19580787713581

He wasn't a skinhead in '96, he just had short hair:

356278390.jpg

• Like 1

Also in 2008 he got rid of the cornrows. I think it was Adriana Smith or Michelle Young, one of them posted on here in 2008 around the time of CD's release saying she had seen Axl recently and he had long blonde hair.

Ah we need a new album or something new to discuss this is getting pretty bad, I mean just what the heck kind of thread is this? I know we've discussed his appearance before but this has gotten pretty crazy hahahaha

It's a def a bit weird for adults to have this much interest in a musician's hair. This is 12-year-old girl fandom type stuff.

Ex.

2005 I believe

axlroseappreciation265079_19580787713581

He wasn't a skinhead in '96, he just had short hair:

356278390.jpg

I love the 2005 pic he had the 2002 braids with the 06 goatee. Btw the bottom pic of Axl was actually 1997.

Been gone from the forum for a while, interesting info in this thread.

Question, the one picture that's link is broken on the OP's first post what was that picture? The one from December 1995 ? Is that the black and white photo of Axl in the like trench coat with a girl?

Edited by amacfantasy

Been gone from the forum for a while, interesting info in this thread.

Question, the one picture that's link is broken on the OP's first post what was that picture? The one from December 1995 ? Is that the black and white photo of Axl in the like trench coat with a girl?

Yes, this one

0a2f358a.jpg

what seems clear is that in 2002 he started getting botox treatments, and looking more than a little different (also looks like he started to prune his eyebrows), he looks like he had just had a treatment before the VMAs. on the 2006 tour it looks like he had eased off from it, but his braids were making his face look cyborgy. between 2002 and 2005 he looked pretty far out.

In 2009/2010 when he came back, he looked like the Axl of old... but he had aged gracefully, although - there was nothing graceful about his clothing (that silver jacket!!!) but his face didn't look botoxed, same goes for.

There's some great pics and back stories in this thread, a good read for all of us GNR nerds. the one story that doesn't seem legit, is that he went bald. In 96, the pictures show him with a hat/bandanna on a lot... but that's hardly evidence he wore a bandanna for half of the 80s/90s, in 97 he has a full head of hair, same with the years proceeding it, not sure when he was supposedly getting these transplants.

Edited by Tom2112

Also in 2008 he got rid of the cornrows. I think it was Adriana Smith or Michelle Young, one of them posted on here in 2008 around the time of CD's release saying she had seen Axl recently and he had long blonde hair.

Makes you wonder if Axl went with a wig for long hair after the corn rows and then thought better of it. I would prefer he had his long hair back even if it was a wig in 08-09

Makes you wonder if Axl went with a wig for long hair after the corn rows and then thought better of it. I would prefer he had his long hair back even if it was a wig in 08-09

He has long hair......

He has long hair......

Yea yea but she said it was "long blond hair." His hair is red. I just thought maybe after the corn rows came out Axl's hair was damaged pretty bad. So maybe he tried a wig for a short time that would give him better looking hair. I just have a hard time imagining Axl with his current hair on his 08 frame.

what seems clear is that in 2002 he started getting botox treatments, and looking more than a little different (also looks like he started to prune his eyebrows), he looks like he had just had a treatment before the VMAs. on the 2006 tour it looks like he had eased off from it, but his braids were making his face look cyborgy. between 2002 and 2005 he looked pretty far out.

In 2009/2010 when he came back, he looked like the Axl of old... but he had aged gracefully, although - there was nothing graceful about his clothing (that silver jacket!!!) but his face didn't look botoxed, same goes for.

There's some great pics and back stories in this thread, a good read for all of us GNR nerds. the one story that doesn't seem legit, is that he went bald. In 96, the pictures show him with a hat/bandanna on a lot... but that's hardly evidence he wore a bandanna for half of the 80s/90s, in 97 he has a full head of hair, same with the years proceeding it, not sure when he was supposedly getting these transplants.

He actually had it in 2000-2001 he didn't look any different than he did in 2002 except his didnt have the braids yet and he more weight on.

I wondered why at first he had his braids hanging down from 2002-05 but in 2006 he the braids styled differently like he had the a ponytail,

Edited by JamieOliverRobinson

If any "new" Axl pictures from '94 to 2001 pop up, send me a PM letting me know, eh? Thanks guys.

1994?

That was back when Mark Wahlberg had a funky bunch.

That was when Dunk-a-roos were a thing.

Before Clinton got a blowjob.

Pagers were widely used.

The Bieb was born.

Holy shit.

And I graduated from high school! :)

1994?

That was back when Mark Wahlberg had a funky bunch.

That was when Dunk-a-roos were a thing.

Before Clinton got a blowjob.

Pagers were widely used.

The Bieb was born.

Holy shit.

And I graduated from high school! :)

I started high school that year.

1898006_1086313368060870_591189386505073

another one from Brooks

I think it's from Axl's Halloween Party on 29th October, 1994. His face is very similar to 1992/1993 and his blouse is the same of the pic with Craig Duswalt on that party. Note the "12" on his arm on the both pics:

tumblr_n1od8duu6R1rxrfh7o1_400.png

And correcting, Axl wasn't arrested on 26th February, 1998. It was occurred on 10th February, 1998.

Axl mentions this costume and its meaning around 5:53 of this interview with Jimmy Kimmel in 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMB0V895dZE