Dr. Who

Axl in the Wilderness Years (1994-2000), a photographic and oral history

Found this pic of Axl. Not sure when it's from, but Axl looks a tad chubby

tumblr_musfrjzJg21sa4fujo1_400.jpg

Why? because you see his belly?

Belly line is the same like in 1992....

I think it`s from August or September of 1993 when they shot the estranged video. I am pretty sure he`s wearing the same outfit when he`s walking down the sidewalk next to the water.

Found this pic of Axl. Not sure when it's from, but Axl looks a tad chubby

tumblr_musfrjzJg21sa4fujo1_400.jpg

Why? because you see his belly?

Belly line is the same like in 1992....

I think it`s from August or September of 1993 when they shot the estranged video. I am pretty sure he`s wearing the same outfit when he`s walking down the sidewalk next to the water.

Yes '93, making of Estranged video.

1 hour ago, angriestwhopper said:

When was this?

a8679f82165cbca722555dc2fb8ac0e0.jpg

Nu-GNR era, would be 2010 or 11 ,not sure.

1 hour ago, Ratam said:

No according to the person who put that pic online it was in the mid 90s 😆

3 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

No according to the person who put that pic online it was in the mid 90s 😆

Ok, i confused bit for his look and facial hair ,thanks for hou info @BlueJean Baby😆👌

2 hours ago, angriestwhopper said:

He had that leg tattoo when he resurfaced in 2001. Hence why posting in this thread.

Sorry, posting in this thread, because you  to asked "when was this"...❓

18 hours ago, Ratam said:

LOL, no way it was in 2010... He looks young and he didn't had any facial hair besides his cute moustache in 2010.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, BooO said:

LOL, no way it was in 2010... He looks young and he didn't had any facial hair besides his cute moustache in 2010.

Sometime in mid to late 90s. Have not been able to find an exact date 😏

Edited by BlueJean Baby

3 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Sometime in mid 90s. Have not been able to find an exact date 😏

Judging by his choice of (terrible) clothes I would bet it was between 1995 to 97... We know he went bald in 96 and he kinda looks bald in the picture.

Posted (edited)

Going back to the topic you guys were discussing about Axl's mom death... I believe it could have really affected him, in truth. Depending on his maturity by the time she died, he may had felt somehow "guilty" and probably depressed because of his guilt. I'm saying that and I'll explain why. 

When I was a kid and even a teenager, from the day I was born until my 13 years, I would daily see my dad beating the fuck out of my mom. He never touched me, then I can't really compare situations to Axl, but, when I was a bit more imature I wouldn't be able to understand why my mother wouldn't do anything to stop all this mess, I couldn't understand why she wouldn't leave him or why she didn't even defended herself and killed him. So as I was growing older I would everyday more and more despise my mother and kind of hate her at the same level I hate my father, for she would let him do his bullshit. 

The thing is, what I couldn't understand before and now I see clearly, is that she couldn't really do anything (actually, she kinda could, but wouldn't). She wouldn't leave him because then she wouldn't be able to take me with her, and because it was her house and not his. She wouldn't let me with him because she was probably afraid that he would then beat me as she wasn't around anymore. She wouldn't leave him because of money. And she wouldn't leave him because she was afraid he would kill her. (He told her inumerous times that he would kill her, in front of me). 

And now that I do understand this, now that I'm more mature, I try to take it easy and do not blame her that much. I don't hate her anymore. 

The point is, if this shit was still happening daily in my life, now that I'm almost 21 years old, and if I would still be blaming my mother, what I would do would be leave my home and never talk to my parents ever again. And now, when I think about this, I see that if I ever did it, I'm a 100% sure that when I was older and my mother eventually passed away I would feel super guilty. I would think about it everyday, think that I could have helped her to get out of it but I just left her, think about the hell that my mother went through, and she stayed just for me. And thinking that her whole life was this fucking hell and she was never really happy would kill me everyday.

I don't know, but I believe that if Axl had acquired enough maturity at the time that his mother passed away, enough to had forgiven her, then it was for sure a big deal for him.

It's never easy or casual when the woman who gave you life dies. And what he said about Beta in a recent interview kept me wondering. He basically said that she came around in '91 and that he likes her because she has a large family and he likes this "familiar environment", and, everyone knows that he considers her his "mother" and she helped him a lot.

Edited by BooO
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, BooO said:

I be lost...:lol:

23 hours ago, Ratam said:

It was between 96 and 98. He had a short hair back then. In 99 he started to grow his hair back again.

1 minute ago, Legendador said:

It was between 96 and 98. He had a short hair back then. In 99 he started to grow his hair back again.

In this pic he had cap ,not show his hair ,but you are right not look as 2010 or 11.indeed 96 and 98 was his wilderness years.

6 hours ago, BooO said:

Going back to the topic you guys were discussing about Axl's mom death... I believe it could have really affected him, in truth. Depending on his maturity by the time she died, he may had felt somehow "guilty" and probably depressed because of his guilt. I'm saying that and I'll explain why. 

When I was a kid and even a teenager, from the day I was born until my 13 years, I would daily see my dad beating the fuck out of my mom. He never touched me, then I can't really compare situations to Axl, but, when I was a bit more imature I wouldn't be able to understand why my mother wouldn't do anything to stop all this mess, I couldn't understand why she wouldn't leave him or why she didn't even defended herself and killed him. So as I was growing older I would everyday more and more despise my mother and kind of hate her at the same level I hate my father, for she would let him do his bullshit. 

The thing is, what I couldn't understand before and now I see clearly, is that she couldn't really do anything (actually, she kinda could, but wouldn't). She wouldn't leave him because then she wouldn't be able to take me with her, and because it was her house and not his. She wouldn't let me with him because she was probably afraid that he would then beat me as she wasn't around anymore. She wouldn't leave him because of money. And she wouldn't leave him because she was afraid he would kill her. (He told her inumerous times that he would kill her, in front of me). 

And now that I do understand this, now that I'm more mature, I try to take it easy and do not blame her that much. I don't hate her anymore. 

The point is, if this shit was still happening daily in my life, now that I'm almost 21 years old, and if I would still be blaming my mother, what I would do would be leave my home and never talk to my parents ever again. And now, when I think about this, I see that if I ever did it, I'm a 100% sure that when I was older and my mother eventually passed away I would feel super guilty. I would think about it everyday, think that I could have helped her to get out of it but I just left her, think about the hell that my mother went through, and she stayed just for me. And thinking that her whole life was this fucking hell and she was never really happy would kill me everyday.

I don't know, but I believe that if Axl had acquired enough maturity at the time that his mother passed away, enough to had forgiven her, then it was for sure a big deal for him.

It's never easy or casual when the woman who gave you life dies. And what he said about Beta in a recent interview kept me wondering. He basically said that she came around in '91 and that he likes her because she has a large family and he likes this "familiar environment", and, everyone knows that he considers her his "mother" and she helped him a lot.

Jesus dude. Write some songs! :)

2 hours ago, angriestwhopper said:

Jesus dude. Write some songs! :)

Actually I do write songs and sometimes poems. But I can't tell if they are good or not... :D 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/14/2018 at 10:25 AM, BooO said:

Judging by his choice of (terrible) clothes I would bet it was between 1995 to 97... We know he went bald in 96 and he kinda looks bald in the picture.

Judging by his face, weight, and facial hair I would guess it was late 97 or mid 98. He looks the same as when he was arrested in Feb 98. So give or take a few months in either direction. Also, he didn't go bald in 96. This is him here without a hat in 96 or 97:
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjkrkFyq1y_nbwFn3zh81

He cut his hair short in 96. I have read it was to make his mother, who was dying of cancer, happy. He had longish hair as of Dec 95

0a2f358a.jpg

Edited by Fashionista

Grabbed these from Facebook, originally uploaded on Instagram. Vintage Roadshow in Santa Monica 1995

5F1C160A-87B5-47F4-B780-F993FC07BCD5.jpeg

A59D553D-810F-4657-8D33-27B105F5F234.jpeg

Edited by Dean
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dean said:

Grabbed these from Facebook, originally uploaded on Instagram. Vintage Roadshow in Santa Monica 1995

5F1C160A-87B5-47F4-B780-F993FC07BCD5.jpeg

A59D553D-810F-4657-8D33-27B105F5F234.jpeg

I love Axl without many jewerly!!