inthisriver

General Chat / Random Musings

12 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

And I bet you've been counting down the days haven't you? You monster.

Dies' is right about that one, behind all the science and pragmatism there is no discernible soul :lol:

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

No, I'm more a Television X freeview kind of man :lol:  In other news, found this headline mildly amusing:

LiamWouldrather-1200x600.jpg

:lol:

Always good for a quote the Gallaghers. I remember one where they asked Noel what he thought of the band Keane and he replied along the lines of "Well as a general rule the biggest wanker in any band are the singer, the drummer and the keyboard player".

Edited by spunko12345
Spelled it wrong
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Dies' is right about that one, behind all the science and pragmatism there is no discernible soul :lol:

The science is rather ze point.

10 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

@SoulMonster you fucking probably poisoned her, didn't you?!

With his Zyklon B stash that he's got in his basement :lol: 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

And I bet you've been counting down the days haven't you? You monster.

It's been about two years now, so no ;)

47 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I freely admit I have absolutely no soul.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

4 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

@SoulMonster you fucking probably poisoned her, didn't you?!

Poisoned her so my company would lose money and capacity from all her sick leaves and then resulting in anguish to her (and to me) when I have to fire her? 

10 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Poisoned her to observe evolution in action as the strong dominate, defeats and destroys the weak untermensch.

fixed :D

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

fixed :D

Haha.

On a sidenote, my career is based on the application of evolution. My PhD focused on directed evolution of a particular protein, e.g. I created random mutations in a pool of that protein and then applied selection pressures to obtain protein variants with improved features. Then, in my current job (and I am not a scientist anymore), I have initiated and observed another evolutionary project where we generate new bacterial factories for production of therapeutic proteins by generating random mutations in cultures of bacteria and then screening for individual cells that have improved manufacturing capacities. Basically, we harness the powers of evolution to create new life forms that have been evolved to be super-effective factories for production of high-value proteins. 

4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Haha.

On a sidenote, my career is based on the application of evolution. My PhD focused on directed evolution of a particular protein, e.g. I created random mutations in a pool of that protein and then applied selection pressures to obtain protein variants with improved features. Then, in my current job (and I am not a scientist anymore), I have initiated and observed another evolutionary project where we generate new bacterial factories for production of therapeutic proteins by generating random mutations in cultures of bacteria and then screening for individual cells that have improved manufacturing capacities. Basically, we harness the powers of evolution to create new life forms that have been evolved to be super-effective factories for production of high-value proteins. 

*Soul's reaction to his team discovering the cure for cancer*

...what the fuck does that have to do with fish cum?! *swipes everything off the lab countertop*

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

*Soul's reaction to his team discovering the cure for cancer*

...what the fuck does that have to do with fish cum?! *swipes everything off the lab countertop*

*gets home*

Soulies Wife:  How many times, stop wiping your nose with your sleeve!

• Haha 1

The kid's plane was late leaving Vegas and just as it was about to land at home, diverted due to icing. :facepalm:  At least they allowed her to deplane in KC.  Not sure when I'm getting my kid back.  I was watching the little flight map when all the sudden the plane turned around, lol.  That was weird.

52 minutes ago, cineater said:

The kid's plane was late leaving Vegas and just as it was about to land at home, diverted due to icing. :facepalm:  At least they allowed her to deplane in KC.  Not sure when I'm getting my kid back.  I was watching the little flight map when all the sudden the plane turned around, lol.  That was weird.

Bless ya im sure all will be ok

1 hour ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Bless ya im sure all will be ok

I was glad they got diverted.  More worried about them getting out on the roads from the airport rather than the landing.  It was a fucking mess here at 6 in the morning.  I'm not a stalker, lol.  It's a mom's job.  And thanks to GNR I've learn some plane tracking abilities.

3 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Got to go to High Wycombe in a few weeks time for work .. fuck my life 

I had my first E in High Wycombe.

12 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

It's a horrible place I have to go over there and train there new team for a day I get paid time and a half for it so I shouldn't moan but I will 

2 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

It's a horrible place I have to go over there and train there new team for a day I get paid time and a half for it so I shouldn't moan but I will 

What is it that you do fella? I only ask because you don't seem to be very enamoured with it. :lol: 

16 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Jean Shrimpton was born in High Wycombe. 

She was so fit.  Mick was banging her sister, wasn't he, for a while there back in the 60s.  Jean was fuckin' gorgeous though:

800px-Jean_Shrimpton_(1965).jpg

14 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

What the fuck, why?! :lol:  Mind you, you'd need a fuckin' E just to liven the place up. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dazey said:

What is it that you do fella? I only ask because you don't seem to be very enamoured with it. :lol: 

I work in waste management mainly as a traffic controller but I do a load of odd bits n bobs here n there as I am a jack of all trades.

That's due to working here so long that I started as just a call center boy and worked my way up ...Started from the bottom  

22 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

I work in waste management mainly as a traffic controller but I do a load of odd bits n bobs here n there as I am a jack of all trades.

That's due to working here so long that I started as just a call center boy and worked my way up ...Started from the bottom  

Pity your not doing it in New York in the 1980s the Mafia would have been into you for kickbacks galore with that job. Don't think High Wycome has a Cosa Nostra though. Costa coffee maybe 😁

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

She was so fit.  Mick was banging her sister, wasn't he, for a while there back in the 60s.  Jean was fuckin' gorgeous though:

800px-Jean_Shrimpton_(1965).jpg

What the fuck, why?! :lol:  Mind you, you'd need a fuckin' E just to liven the place up. 

Yeah she's hot. What's wrong with High Wycome? Is it full of snooty royalist types?

10 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Yeah she's hot. What's wrong with High Wycome? Is it full of snooty royalist types?

No, its a sort of a cold concrete dump with fuck all going for it, sort of home counties suburban working to lower middle class, boring, dud, nothing-ever-happens town.  More scum of the earth than snooty royalists.

Edited by Len Cnut