inthisriver

General Chat / Random Musings

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

You aren't affiliated with the recycling nazis are you? It gets completely on my nerves, the recycling bins. 

Not at all i'm pretty anti Recycling I shove everything in the black bin it's just a pain in the arse.

But what people don't understand is that if you throw something in Recycling that ain't suppose to be there it contaminates the load for the entire truck.

Once that gets to the refuse center it is then rejected and we have to pay a fuck load of money for it to then go to landfill.

Just now, lukepowell1988 said:

Not at all i'm pretty anti Recycling I shove everything in the black bin it's just a pain in the arse.

But what people don't understand is that if you throw something in Recycling that ain't suppose to be there it contaminates the load for the entire truck.

Once that gets to the refuse center it is then rejected and we have to pay a fuck load of money for it to then go to landfill.

If I put a glass bottle in my blue recycling bin the wankers don't collect it and leave a stupid little tag threatening me with legal action. I have tried to get rid of stuff by hiding it under paper and plastic bottles but somehow they always know! And why do I try and do this? Two week bin collections are an absolute disgrace making it impossible to get rid of rubbish for this recycling bullshit (and a health concern during the summer, Chicken carcasses attracting maggots).

Years ago people mused to leave a four-pack of beer out for the binman at Christmas. Not anymore.

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

If I put a glass bottle in my blue recycling bin the wankers don't collect it and leave a stupid little tag threatening me with legal action. I have tried to get rid of stuff by hiding it under paper and plastic bottles but somehow they always know! And why do I try and do this? Two week bin collections are an absolute disgrace making it impossible to get rid of rubbish for this recycling bullshit (and a health concern during the summer, Chicken carcasses attracting maggots).

Years ago people mused to leave a four-pack of beer out for the binman at Christmas. Not anymore.

People still leave stuff for the guys at Christmas not be personally and I don't know why they would.

I assume your local council manage your collections but sadly these dudes are under a lot of pressure and are normally temp contacted hired/fired.

It all boils down to the councils being anal about things really and the sub contractors stuck in the middle.

Stick it in a black bin liner in your refuse bin and you will be fine.

Just now, lukepowell1988 said:

People still leave stuff for the guys at Christmas not be personally and I don't know why they would.

I assume your local council manage your collections but sadly these dudes are under a lot of pressure and are normally temp contacted hired/fired.

It all boils down to the councils being anal about things really and the sub contractors stuck in the middle.

Stick it in a black bin liner in your refuse bin and you will be fine.

Two week bin collections and there is little room in the green bin I'm afraid - that is just my point. During the summer we have to double bag carcasses and chuck in a load of Domestos. Northumberland County Council are wankers.

I just put everything in black bags and put it in the main bins...and most of its beer cans and takeaway containers, never had no grief for it, fuck sieving through all this shit seperating plastics from whatever it is.

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Swampy would be turning in his grubby sleeping bag. 

Recycle it you lazy bastards. Save the planet etc.

My old man gives em drink money to this day.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Len Cnut said:

My old man gives em drink money to this day.

In the area we live everybody stopped doing it because they are rubbish Nazis, leaving little tags. 

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

In the area we live everybody stopped doing it because they are rubbish Nazis, leaving little tags. 

My old mans a stickler for the rules type so he always does shit spot on according to how your supposed to so he never has issues in that regard.

The problem is there is no universal rule over it.

Different councils have different rules and will except different things. 

So people like me and Len just think ohh bollocks to it and just shove it all in black bin liners. If we all read from the same sheet would be easier.

21 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Recycle it you lazy bastards. Save the planet etc.

Stuff the planet, I'll be long gone before the O Zone layer spreads its legs and burns this motherfucker to a crisp.  Until then, good summers ahead! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Stuff the planet, I'll be long gone before the O Zone layer spreads its legs and burns this motherfucker to a crisp.  Until then, good summers ahead! :D

Innit I love the idea of global warming it really don't sound like a bad idea to me.

We had a banging summer last year more of the same this year please 

It took some time but I have become pretty good at recycling now. We have three bins over here too, and the rules vary from county to county. An international conspiracy? Anyway, it is not a problem because the bins are usually collected soon enough. Yesterday I even donated old toys to charity. Felt good to get rid of all that shit that has been piling up and even knowing some other kids might get some enjoyment out of it.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

It took some time but I have become pretty good at recycling now. We have three bins over here too, and the rules vary from county to county. An international conspiracy? Anyway, it is not a problem because the bins are usually collected soon enough. Yesterday I even donated old toys to charity. Felt good to get rid of all that shit that has been piling up and even knowing some other kids might get some enjoyment out of it.

You finally moved on from playing with Barbie and Ken? Congrats my man!!

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I've had plenty of old boilers in my time :lol:  Some of em could've done with a power-flush and all!

I’ve got a picture of an old boiler. I’ll text you in a minute. :lol: 

• Haha 2

I used to like John Sweeney turns out he is just a stumbling mumbling bumbling piss head ... feel a little let down 

Yes, I use charity bags a lot also. (Nephews' Toys; books; clothes). 

Global Warming is providing us with perfect cricketing conditions (and me a nice sun tan) if last summer is anything to go by.

PS

Arthur Scargill is a Stalinist, part of the Stalin Society which seeks to rehabilitate Stalin's legacy, whitewashing atrocities such as the Gulags, Katyn Massacre and so forth. Most commies are ''Trots'' and I assumed he was also. You learn something everyday.

Edited by DieselDaisy

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yes, I use charity bags a lot also. (Nephews' Toys; books; clothes). 

Global Warming is providing us with perfect cricketing conditions (and me a nice sun tan) if last summer is anything to go by.

You know, one doesnt hear a lot of coastal dwelling people speaking well of Global Warming. Ya know, because youll all loose land to it. And the glacier ice melt releases fresh water into the oceans salt water which destroys the ecosystem and Fisheries.

So I wouldn't be making myself popular if I admitted that I'm currently studying a course on designing packaging for a sustainable circular economy? 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

12 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

So I wouldn't be making myself popular if I admitted that I'm currently studying a course on designing packaging for a sustainable circular economy? 

I'm into recycling at home, the bloke has to take his empties to the recycling bank so they don't fill up my green bin :)

Good on you for doing the course!

• GNFNR 2

Our council went a bit mental with the whole recycling scheme and we currently have 10,000 spare wheelie bins which the council over-purchased and now have no use for :lol: Keep in mind that I live on a remote island with a population of less than 30,000 people, so it's almost as if they bought one bin per person instead of per house lol.

binweb.jpg

It cost us taxpayers £188,000 but hopefully we can recycle them all :P

• Haha 4