inthisriver

General Chat / Random Musings

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

American English isn't a language. It is an abomination. 

That's the sort of lingu-nationalistic drivel and Little Englander mentality that would be anathema to my kind of work. 

Just now, SoulMonster said:

That's the sort of lingu-nationalistic drivel and Little Englander mentality that would be anathema to my kind of work. 

Well I suppose it would but I doubt I would find myself in such company so this opinion means nothing to me.

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well I suppose it would but I doubt I would find myself in such company so this opinion means nothing to me.

But you weren't talking about how you should write, but how I should write :lol:

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

But you weren't talking about how you should write, but how I should write :lol:

At least Americans have the excuse that they are American. But then you prefer Axl Rose over Grieg and Manchester United over your own indigenous club so I cannot expect you to show any sign of a love of English when you do not even love your own country. Our languages even share a linguistic heritage!

15 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

At least Americans have the excuse that they are American. But then you prefer Axl Rose over Grieg and Manchester United over your own indigenous club so I cannot expect you to show any sign of a love of English when you do not even love your own country. Our languages even share a linguistic heritage!

You got me there. I can't say I love any country. I love aspects of countries, like the Norwegian nature and how we have created an egalitarian, solidarian welfare system. Similarly I love the British humour (I added a U for U) and American hospitality. And so on. What I like is based on what I actually like, and not biased by feelings of nationalistic responsibilities. I think that lends itself to a freer and more honest life. 

• Like 1

Trump is trying to work with Congress to get prescription cost lowered. I honestly hope the government works together on this because some people pay a very high price for their medications and it's not right.

Children and older people are the one who need their medications the most and shouldn't have to pay such high prices to stay well.

And if the government replaces Obamacare they better come up with a good plan. My brother is on Obamacare due to his pre-existing condition and needs health care.

There are too many people without health care in the US. That's just not right.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Trump is trying to work with Congress to get prescription cost lowered. I honestly hope the government works together on this because some people pay a very high price for their medications and it's not right.

Children and older people are the one who need their medications the most and shouldn't have to pay such high prices to stay well.

And if the government replaces Obamacare they better come up with a good plan. My brother is on Obamacare due to his pre-existing condition and needs health care.

There are too many people without health care in the US. That's just not right.

Everyone who needs it should be able to get free medical treatment. If a country can't deliver a model based around that principle it's a backward shitty country.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

6 hours ago, The Real McCoy said:

Dropping by to say "howdy." :slash:

What's up dude? Haven't seen you online in a while. How ya been? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

What's up dude? Haven't seen you online in a while. How ya been? 

All is well, man! Staying busy - job is going well, new relationship, can't complain! You?

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

6 hours ago, The Real McCoy said:

All is well, man! Staying busy - job is going well, new relationship, can't complain! You?

Hi man :)

Another new relationship? Wow, I wish you'd just find a nice boy to settle down with, you can't be keeping this swinging lifestyle forever.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, The Real McCoy said:

Aside from a new relationship, same shit different day for me:lol:

Edited by Gibson_Guy87
  • Like 1

Another terrible sad story. A 5th grader girl died on Wednesday due to a fight involving students at her school. The poor little girl was on life support as she passed away.

What the hell? How sad is this? There is going to be an autopsy performed tomorrow to find cause of death. It's very scary when ten and eleven year old kids are fighting to the point of someone dying.  My mom had some trouble in her high school years and it saddens her to see that nothing has changed since she's been in school over 50 years ago.

I don't understand how ten year olds can be so angry? It's very scary and sad how much hate is still happening among kids so young.

I can't imagine what her mom and family are feeling right now. How do you get over something like this?

6 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Aside from a new relationship, same shit different day for me:lol:

lol That's how I feel. sometimes I think my life is one big repeat and repeat. lol SSDD is my mom's motto too! lol

Nice to know there are others who share the same life style.

on a different note.

My brother, the yoga instructor just did one of those freeze machines. He said he felt better after it.

You put on gloves, socks and boots and keep your underwear on.

You are in there for 3 minutes all the while the tech is watching you. You also sign a waiver incase something happens. DUH!

Anyway, sometimes using cold does help your muscles better than heat. It cost him $25 for the first time, but it'll be $45 after that.

Who invented this? lol

Just now, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

on a different note.

My brother, the yoga instructor just did one of those freeze machines. He said he felt better after it.

You put on gloves, socks and boots and keep your underwear on.

You are in there for 3 minutes all the while the tech is watching you. You also sign a waiver incase something happens. DUH!

Anyway, sometimes using cold does help your muscles better than heat. It cost him $25 for the first time, but it'll be $45 after that.

Who invented this? lol

Someone with more brains than morals. 

10 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

lol I wish I could come up with something to make tons of money. Damn it!

Start a cold gym were you charge exhubirant prices then you ship the fools on cheap flights to the Arctic for three weeks. 

18 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Hi man :)

Another new relationship? Wow, I wish you'd just find a nice boy to settle down with, you can't be keeping this swinging lifestyle forever.

Haha, man. It'll be perfect if this girl is who I end up settling down with. I'm almost 34, and I'm just sick of the dating scene in general.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Real McCoy said:

Haha, man. It'll be perfect if this girl is who I end up settling down with. I'm almost 34, and I'm just sick of the dating scene in general.

You will get that in the end buddy, and you will now it was worth the wait :) Just hang in there. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Real McCoy said:

Shit, you're the same age as me (a year younger, you get my meaning).  Always thought you were considerably younger, don't ask me why.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Shit, you're the same age as me (a year younger, you get my meaning).  Always thought you were considerably younger, don't ask me why.

Because he looks like he hasn't fully grown up yet? Shame on you.

• Haha 2

I thought he was late 20s too. Even if time seems to stand still on a GNR forum, its posters get older too :(

• Like 1

Yesterday's QF match at the Miami open. The guy is 37 years old and can still play like this... it'll be a sad day when Federer retires.

19 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

lol That's how I feel. sometimes I think my life is one big repeat and repeat. lol SSDD is my mom's motto too! lol

Nice to know there are others who share the same life style.

That's exactly how it feels. The relationship is nice and keeps things exciting but I'm mostly just trying to live my own life and not worry so much about what's happening with other people