inthisriver

General Chat / Random Musings

2 in the morning.  Tornado sirens going off and the tracker on street view is showing your street!  Yeah it wasn't a nightmare. :lol:  That was close enough.

• GNFNR 1

5 hours ago, cineater said:

2 in the morning.  Tornado sirens going off and the tracker on street view is showing your street!  Yeah it wasn't a nightmare. :lol:  That was close enough.

You know, I will never understand why they built wooden homes in Tornado Alley.

19 minutes ago, EvanG said:

You know, I will never understand why they built wooden homes in Tornado Alley.

I wondering what I was thinking when I bought a house with no basement. :facepalm:

• Like 1

I've always wanted to experience extreme weather.  i don't mean like fuckin' live in the places where they happen but just like, y'know, go out for a walk in a hurricane or whatever.  Or a tornado.  Or as close as I can to one with ending up too far from Kansas.  Everythings so mild in England, no extremes of anything.

Me too, especially a tornado, but not from too close obviously. I used to be obsessed with watching Storm Chasers and seeing them trying to intercept a tornado.

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I've always wanted to experience extreme weather.  i don't mean like fuckin' live in the places where they happen but just like, y'know, go out for a walk in a hurricane or whatever.  Or a tornado.  Or as close as I can to one with ending up too far from Kansas.  Everythings so mild in England, no extremes of anything.

I like stormy nights with heavy rain. It's nice to be in it or on the porch or inside.

• Like 1

Theres a severe storm warning with slight chance of tornado forecast for this evening as it happens. I was in the heart of a tornado that touched done nearby recently. Would have been terrifying had I not being incredibly high and enjoying some Comedy Fight Club battles. As it was it was pretty good!

Some crazy woman was driving a RV through the streets away from police.

All I know is the dogs that were in the RV are safe and sound and their wounds were taken care of! I'm so happy about this. I hate when animals are hurt due to stupid people.

Living in Texas sometimes there are tornado warnings here too.

One of my mom's friend's home was damage a few years ago during Xmas break week. Many homes around her were totally destroyed, but her home sustained damage, but was mainly okay. I have never experienced a tornado near me and I hope I never do. All the flooding that some states are getting is sad too. So many people losing their homes that they've lived in for years. It just is so sad. It scares me how bad the weather can be and we can't do anything about it.

Guys, my client list just went from designing branding for start ups locally, to designing for that famous geography-based magazine, with the yellow border on the cover. :slash:

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 2

34 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

Guys, my client list just went from designing branding for start ups locally, to designing for that famous geography-based magazine, with the yellow border on the cover. :slash:

Wow!! That's a leap up the ladder. Are you not wanting to say NG or are you on a gag order :lol:

1 minute ago, janrichmond said:

Wow!! That's a leap up the ladder. Are you not wanting to say NG or are you on a gag order :lol:

Haha, I've not signed an NDA (which I did for Burberry :lol:). They're being cool about it. I just prefer to remain vague about my clients. Until they stop hiring me. 

Cheers though. It's a step forward. 

• GNFNR 2

Spice Slags return,

13928886-7068563-image-m-64_155873168012

The crowd look deader than Guns N' Roses's

11 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Spice Slags return,

13928886-7068563-image-m-64_155873168012

The crowd look deader than Guns N' Roses's

This must have been filmed at the Tokyo show. I'm sure the other fans were much more enthusiastic. :lol: 

1 minute ago, Dazey said:

This must have been filmed at the Tokyo show. I'm sure the other fans were much more enthusiastic. :lol: 

It has just finished so the clips are just coming out. Here is another,

I’m in Leeds, it’s the furthest North I’ve been. People are much more friendly than London. 

Just now, janrichmond said:

I’m in Leeds, it’s the furthest North I’ve been. People are much more friendly than London. 

Only because you're not black. :lol: 

• Haha 2

Going to Headingley on Monday?

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

I love Headingley. Mate of mine used to live just across from the stadium. Spent many nights in the Original Oak on the piss.

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

No 😂 I’ll be home by Monday, but I’m gonna shop until I leave

1 minute ago, Dazey said:

I love Headingley. Mate of mine used to live just across from the stadium. Spent many nights in the Original Oak on the piss.

I never go now for some odd reason (clue, we are stuck in division two and utter shite whereas the Tykes are in Div 1).

But yes, it is the one away fixture you can go back-and-forth daily from where I live without hotels - well Old Trafford at a push. 

No 😂 I’ll be home by Monday, but I’m gonna shop until I leave

What a waste of time and energy. If you arrived later you could have seen Yorkshire v Hampshire, Mon-Thurs. 

20 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

What a waste of time and energy. If you arrived later you could have seen Yorkshire v Hampshire, Mon-Thurs. 

Who gets to watch county test matches? I mean you must be either independently wealthy or unemployed to follow a team for a full season on a school day. :lol: 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Who gets to watch county test matches? I mean you must be either independently wealthy or unemployed to follow a team for a full season on a school day. :lol: 

Only one old man and his dog since they buggered up all the fixtures and put them on Monday starts. I am independently - not especially - wealthy.

PS

This is a very topical issue which has caused much anger among cricket fans recently, the weekday schedules. If they scheduled them Friday you can fill the Friday with boozy corporates then have 2 (3  with Bank Holiday) non-working days to attract families and kids. Thursday isn't the worst day to commence a match. Saturday isn't the worst day to commence a match. The ECB have opted for Mondays!!

PPS

I'll forgive you for your clunky term ''county test matches''. In layman's terms, 

Test=Internationals played between the 12 test playing nations

County=domestic played between the 18 ''first-class'' counties

They are both considered first-class cricket - test cricket is ''first-class'' cricket also - but county cricket is not test cricket as test cricket only applies internationally. Thus an England player will usually have separate stats for tests (tests only) and first-class (tests and county cricket). 

First-class=played in the whites, 3-5 days duration

List-A=one-dayers (40-65 overs), played in pyjamas

Twenty20=self explanatory, also played in pyjamas.

Every test playing nation also possesses a domestic first-class competition like England and Wales's County Championship. Thus Australia has the Sheffield Shield, India the Ranji Trophy, etc. 

Edited by DieselDaisy
Addendum post scripta
  • Like 1