Jump to content
inthisriver

General Chat / Random Musings

Recommended Posts

Woohoo!  Tied up again.  The Blues are an amazing team when fired up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Len Cnut I just found out my little 10yrld niece listens to this stupid bitch

I hate parents who try to be cool friends to their kids instead of being parents. Do some fucking parenting for fucks sake! "B-B-But all the other 10yrlds do it so there's no point even attempting parenting." LOOOOOL FFFFFFUUUUUUUCK! Meet with the other parents and make a plan! Make a plan and deal with it and limit and control their internet and phone usage. Jesus cunting fucking Christ! 

I do my best as her uncle to look out for her but the situation is FUBAR and I'm literally told it's not my place lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

@Len Cnut I just found out my little 10yrld niece listens to this stupid bitch

You don't like this song? It has a cool bass line. I listened to it the other day because her name keeps popping up and even Dave Grohl and Flea were talking about how great she is. I know nothing about today's music and haven't for a long time, so I listened to this one and at first I didn't get it because it's not my cup of tea, and it still isn't, but after a couple of listens I think I understand why so many people are into her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, EvanG said:

even Dave Grohl and Flea were talking about how great she is.

*gasp* not Dave Grohl and Flea! :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

*gasp* not Dave Grohl and Flea! :lol:

I figured that if old dudes like that are raving about this girl, then I have to check out what the fuss is all about, you know? Get with it, connect with the younger generation, not fall behind, I'm still hip.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No I'm not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuck the younger generation :lol: 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EvanG said:

You don't like this song? It has a cool bass line. I listened to it the other day because her name keeps popping up and even Dave Grohl and Flea were talking about how great she is. I know nothing about today's music and haven't for a long time, so I listened to this one and at first I didn't get it because it's not my cup of tea, and it still isn't, but after a couple of listens I think I understand why so many people are into her.

Watch the video and listen to the lyrics, you think that's suitable for little kids? That's what concerns me. 

On an artistic level it seems gimmicky and fake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Watch the video and listen to the lyrics, you think that's suitable for little kids? That's what concerns me. 

On an artistic level it seems gimmicky and fake.

I actually gave it a listen since yous lot are going on about it, I really liked it :lol:  It was funny and musically pretty good too, I like the little whistley breakdown bit after she goes 'duh' and...yeah, I liked that, its dancey and silly and its got enough funny little ideas in what I caught of the lyrics for me to say its alright.  Not sure about the ending bit with the bloke doing the press ups but yeah, that weren't bad at all.

As far as suitable for kids, nyaaah, seems kinda comical to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Watch the video and listen to the lyrics, you think that's suitable for little kids? That's what concerns me. 

On an artistic level it seems gimmicky and fake.

I didn't pay attention to the lyrics and I liked the video because it's kinda weird. I mean, it's better than those teenstar videos that I used to watch which had absolutely no artistic vision. Is it suitable for little kids? I have no idea... I was listening and looking at a lot more worse things when I was ten years old, but maybe that explains a lot...

I was paying more attention to the beat though... to me it feels more authentic than a lot of ''new music'' I've heard in recent years. And apparently she writes her own music.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I didn't pay attention to the lyrics and I liked the video because it's kinda weird. I mean, it's better than those teenstar videos that I used to watch which had absolutely no artistic vision. Is it suitable for little kids? I have no idea... I was listening and looking at a lot more worse things when I was ten years old, but maybe that explains a lot...

I was paying more attention to the beat though... to me it feels more authentic than a lot of ''new music'' I've heard in recent years. And apparently she writes her own music.

Authentic what, it don't seem to be trying to be anything other than a pop song :shrugs:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I actually gave it a listen since yous lot are going on about it, I really liked it :lol:  It was funny and musically pretty good too, I like the little whistley breakdown bit after she goes 'duh' and...yeah, I liked that, its dancey and silly and its got enough funny little ideas in what I caught of the lyrics for me to say its alright.  Not sure about the ending bit with the bloke doing the press ups but yeah, that weren't bad at all.

As far as suitable for kids, nyaaah, seems kinda comical to me.

 

7 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I didn't pay attention to the lyrics and I liked the video because it's kinda weird. I mean, it's better than those teenstar videos that I used to watch which had absolutely no artistic vision. Is it suitable for little kids? I have no idea... I was listening and looking at a lot more worse things when I was ten years old, but maybe that explains a lot...

I was paying more attention to the beat though... to me it feels more authentic than a lot of ''new music'' I've heard in recent years. And apparently she writes her own music.

Liking the song is one thing but I'm amazed that anyone would let little girls listen to this kind of thing and idolize this bitch. Suicide and daddy/daughter rough sex etc lyrics are apparently okay for kids in 2019. I guess I'm old fashioned. Part of patriarchy and not woke enough.

Honestly, most of the warped fuckedness that girls have to deal with is down to this kind of shit. Bratz dolls aka whore-dolls. Every modern Disney show constantly going on about dating. This is what feminism has achieved lol.

Edited by Oldest Goat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

 

Liking the song is one thing but I'm amazed that anyone would let little girls listen to this kind of thing and idolize this bitch. Suicide and daddy/daughter rough sex etc lyrics are apparently okay for kids in 2019. I guess I'm old fashioned. Part of patriarchy and not woke enough.

Maybe I give little girls too much credit and think they see the song for what it is... a catchy pop song with a fun/weird video.

This is the stuff in my country that kids are crazy about. A song about drugs and booze with a retarded video that leaves little for the imagination. Then I prefer someone like Billie Eilish.

 

10 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Authentic what, it don't seem to be trying to be anything other than a pop song :shrugs:

Exactly. The fact that she, apparently, writes her own songs and probably followed her own ''vision'' for this video feels more real than all those teen pop stars who are singing songs written by other people and are doing what other people think they should do in order to appeal to as many kids possible.

Edited by EvanG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Suicide and daddy/daughter rough sex etc lyrics are apparently okay for kids in 2019. I guess I'm old fashioned. Part of patriarchy and not woke enough.

Oh cmon :rolleyes:

This is what was popular when i was growing up :lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

 

Liking the song is one thing but I'm amazed that anyone would let little girls listen to this kind of thing and idolize this bitch. Suicide and daddy/daughter rough sex etc lyrics are apparently okay for kids in 2019. I guess I'm old fashioned. Part of patriarchy and not woke enough.

Honestly, most of the warped fuckedness that girls have to deal with is down to this kind of shit. Bratz dolls aka whore-dolls. Every modern Disney show constantly going on about dating. This is what feminism has achieved lol.

I came up on street rap and it hasn't made me into an arrogant weed smoking twat with an attitude problem that swears too much :lol:

28 minutes ago, EvanG said:

 

Again, this just comes across as funny :lol:  Fuck knows what they're talking about tho!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

Oh cmon :rolleyes:

This is what was popular when i was growing up :lol:

 

Yeah, I used to go around singing that and other songs of that nature as a kid too. It was a joke to me. I think young girls are more affected and warped by this kind of shit which seems to be getting worse/more prevalent in the media. Maybe I'm just noticing it more now that I have nieces. 

Look at Bratz dolls...what the actual fuck? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I came up on street rap and it hasn't made me into an arrogant weed smoking twat with an attitude problem that swears too much :lol:

Again, this just comes across as funny :lol:  Fuck knows what they're talking about tho!

It is funny, but I can imagine a ten year old watching this and next thing you know he or she is dry humping the lawn outside!

To be honest, the song is pretty catchy, but the video and lyrics are just awful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Yeah, I used to go around singing that and other songs of that nature as a kid too. It was a joke to me. I think young girls are more affected and warped by this kind of shit which seems to be getting worse/more prevalent in the media. Maybe I'm just noticing it more now that I have nieces. 

I remember Smack My Bitch Up by Prodigy, the song as well as the video, getting a similar reaction to the one your having to this birds song.  Its as simple as this though, anyone that listens to a song, or sees something on TV and goes 'that looks a good shout, I'm gonna have a go at that' is probably mildly retarded.  I jumped off the top step of my house and smacked my head on the upstairs ceiling once after watching a show on daredevil stunts...form your own conclusions from there :lol:  But nah, seriously, its just a song man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember that Smack My Bitch Up could only be played after ten... it was a cool video though, I didn't see what the fuss was about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never knew there was an Head & Shoulders Old Spice. Old Spice. Now my hair smells like the armpits of a 70 year old man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I remember that Smack My Bitch Up could only be played after ten... it was a cool video though, I didn't see what the fuss was about.

I think he slaps a bird in there or does loads of drugs and pukes, I can't even remember.  Bangin' track tho!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I remember Smack My Bitch Up by Prodigy, the song as well as the video, getting a similar reaction to the one your having to this birds song.  Its as simple as this though, anyone that listens to a song, or sees something on TV and goes 'that looks a good shout, I'm gonna have a go at that' is probably mildly retarded.  I jumped off the top step of my house and smacked my head on the upstairs ceiling once after watching a show on daredevil stunts...form your own conclusions from there :lol:  But nah, seriously, its just a song man.

I remember the Smack My Bitch Up video because the computer guy who built our computer went out of his way to show me it and even suggested that I be allowed as much porn as I'd like. Creepy eh?

Maybe it's not just songs. And it's not anyway that's my point there seems to be a general not giving a fuck at the tidal wave of sexual content targeted at kids. Bratz dolls are a perfect example they're like Barbie's turned up to 11.

I'm not a saint or prude or anything I'm just saying shouldn't we at least protect young kids from being bombarded with this shit.

If I was the boss of a toy company and someone suggested we make whore-dolls for little girls to buy I'd break the guys arm and fucking fire him on the spot. But nope nobody cares it's just being normalized and accepted because no one wants to do any fucking parenting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Len Cnut said:

I think he slaps a bird in there or does loads of drugs and pukes, I can't even remember.  Bangin' track tho!

 

You see everything through HER eyes while she goes out and paints the town and does everything god has forbidden... then at the end you find out that it was a girl the whole time and not a guy, which most people probably expected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I remember the Smack My Bitch Up video because the computer guy who built our computer went out of his way to show me it and even suggested that I be allowed as much porn as I'd like. Creepy eh?

Maybe it's not just songs. And it's not anyway that's my point there seems to be a general not giving a fuck at the tidal wave of sexual content targeted at kids. Bratz dolls are a perfect example they're like Barbie's turned up to 11.

I'm not a saint or prude or anything I'm just saying shouldn't we at least protect young kids from being bombarded with this shit.

If I was the boss of a toy company and someone suggested we make whore-dolls for little girls to buy I'd break the guys arm and fucking fire him on the spot. But nope nobody cares it's just being normalized and accepted because no one wants to do any fucking parenting.

I think the conclusion that this phenomenon you are describing is a problem, is somewhat tenuous.

Edited by SoulMonster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×