inthisriver

General Chat / Random Musings

8 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

Jésus Perez-Delafeuentemeña loves us all, but loves tacos more. 

Except the gay ones. :lol: 

Why shouldn’t you wear y-fronts if you’re Russian? 

Because Chernobyl fallout.

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

They call it 'prosperity gospel', apparently God wants you to have Ferraris and Porsches and private jets, its his blessing upon you :lol:  You know half those guys have been investigated for fraud right?  Despite their tax exemptions. 

Yeah, I don't understand the US government condoning this bullshit. And don't get me started on Scientology. I mean come on!

Sometimes I think we have too much damn freedom in the US. I still don't understand how people believe these guys? It just doesn't make sense.

A lot of what they say can be common sense if you really think about religions, but I guess a lot of people like to be told what to do and think and I sure ain't one of them.

• GNFNR 1

16 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Hide contents

That's really tickled me. Perfect combination of puns and offense. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Reveal hidden contents

Whatcha call a russian with 3 bollocks?

Hoodyanika Bollockov!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah, I don't understand the US government condoning this bullshit. And don't get me started on Scientology. I mean come on!

Sometimes I think we have too much damn freedom in the US. I still don't understand how people believe these guys? It just doesn't make sense.

A lot of what they say can be common sense if you really think about religions, but I guess a lot of people like to be told what to do and think and I sure ain't one of them.

Because it is literally your First Amendment (1791),

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Edited by DieselDaisy

Hey friends, wasn't sure if I needed to make a new thread, figured I'd just ask here.

I'm 24, and just moved last August to a new city. I'm from a pretty small town; I'm finding it hard to meet new people and friends outside of a bar. What do you guys recommend? I'm in grad school, and work as a server, but nearly everyone I work with is a teenager.

So was shitting myself a bit about last Thursday I won't lie .... it's been 3 days and I have heard nothing so I am guessing i'm in the clear.... 

A lot of people have died recently, Bushwick Bill, Frank Lucas last week or so...Nicky Barnes too is dead apparently, though he's been dead for seven years but no one knew cuz he was in witness protection.

There’s a fuckin’ show on telly tonight called Hugh and Anitas War on Plastic, a bunch of fuckin’ God knows who’s going around like, I dunno, goin’ on about...plastic, recycling?!  Is this what fuckin’ tellys come to?!

Posted (edited)

A Helicopter crashed on top of a building in NYC today. Of course, the news interrupted my shows yet again. I understand we have to know this story, but when the news jerk questions people who know nothing definite and they just speculate, it really pisses me off.

Wait until you know something definite instead of asking what they think could have happened. Damn, it's just too damn annoying to me.

And with all the damn cameras around NYC since 9/11, I don't know why they just don't look at the footage before they bullshit about what may have happened?

49 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

There’s a fuckin’ show on telly tonight called Hugh and Anitas War on Plastic, a bunch of fuckin’ God knows who’s going around like, I dunno, goin’ on about...plastic, recycling?!  Is this what fuckin’ tellys come to?!

lol Guess they are all running out of reality shows? lol

If we don't know that plastic is killing our planet by now, we are all fucked!

Edited by dontdamnmeuyi2015
more

9 hours ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

Hey friends, wasn't sure if I needed to make a new thread, figured I'd just ask here.

I'm 24, and just moved last August to a new city. I'm from a pretty small town; I'm finding it hard to meet new people and friends outside of a bar. What do you guys recommend? I'm in grad school, and work as a server, but nearly everyone I work with is a teenager.

Have you tried a online dating app?

Don't you meet alot of people in school? I wouldn't recommend meeting many people in bars, but you never know?

I know these days everyone meets people online, but I do like meeting people face to face.

Good luck! I'm sure in time you will meet and make new friends.

On 6/7/2019 at 6:37 PM, DieselDaisy said:

Because it is literally your First Amendment (1791),

Well, honestly, I think we need to rethink the whole Amendments thing.

Everyone is using it to condone all the gun problems. Back in those days everyone had a gun, it's not like we have to fight for our freedom like in those days.

Things need to be changed to be updated with the times.

I still say the whole freedom of religion and gun shit is all just a way to not do anything to make things better.

I guess there won't be any school shootings until late August or early September since school is out for the summer, but once it's back again, how will we protect out kids?

17 hours ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

Join clubs or volunteer in things that interest you.  Online dating sucks!

You know when all your friends start to sound like your mother?  You're getting unsolicited advice and you didn't know you needed any?  You just said that but now they are making it sound like their idea?  It's probably just me, right?

1 hour ago, cineater said:

Join clubs or volunteer in things that interest you.  Online dating sucks!

Online dating is terrible. Overpriced. These corporations take advantage of people’s lust for love.

19 hours ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

Our band released a new single today!

• GNFNR 1

So I'm trying to lay off some of the shittier food and eat a little healthier. I've knocked the booze on the head of late and been eating a lot of veg soups and stews. I'm feeling much brighter and sleeping a LOT better but I'm farting like a motherfucker and it stinks like something has fucking died in here. :lol: 

• Haha 2

John Stewart speaking up for the 9/11 first responders and telling Congress that they better step up and continue helping them with all their medical needs. Why is it so hard to do the right thing nowadays?

And it's not a NYC problem! America was attacked that day, not just NYC. Firemen and police from all over the country came to help NYC, so it's something that needs to be dealt with now.

A lot of Congress wasn't there because most of them are running for President in 2020. Come on!

Governor Abbott of Texas agreed that kids can have lemonade stands all over the state. it seems that some local home associations were annoyed by this! really? Stupid ass holes! One thing I agree that Abbott has done for Texas.

21 minutes ago, Dazey said:

So I'm trying to lay off some of the shittier food and eat a little healthier. I've knocked the booze on the head of late and been eating a lot of veg soups and stews. I'm feeling much brighter and sleeping a LOT better but I'm farting like a motherfucker and it stinks like something has fucking died in here. :lol: 

Watch your carbs and sugar intake. If you cut out sodas and any drinks with sugar in it you will lose the weight and not feel as blotted. Also, don't eat after 8:00 p.m.. that helps too with the gas. Good luck!

Try yoga too. It really makes you feel so good.

3 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Watch your carbs and sugar intake. If you cut out sodas and any drinks with sugar in it you will lose the weight and not feel as blotted. Also, don't eat after 8:00 p.m.. that helps too with the gas. Good luck!

Funny thing is that I've done all of that and that's when the farting started. :lol: 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

One period to go and the Blues are going for the cup!  GO BLUES!  We're not reminding my future son in law that next year on this date is the wedding until after the game. :lol:

They got it!

Edited by cineater
Blues win

10 hours ago, Dazey said:

Nothing worse than a vegetarians farts.

I haven't drunk in about a week since getting back from Holiday I went around a month before so that's the record for me to beat.

10 hours ago, Dazey said:

Funny thing is that I've done all of that and that's when the farting started. :lol: 

Your body's detoxing. It should get better.

2 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Nothing worse than a vegetarians farts.

I bet Greta Thunberg lets them rip. 

• Haha 1