inthisriver

General Chat / Random Musings

14 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

https://news.sky.com/story/jo-brand-bbc-defends-comedian-over-battery-acid-joke-11740902

So it seems that if you are on the left it's fine to make these sorts of jokes.

Wonder what would have happened if someone else would have made this joke?

When did Danny Baker become right wing? :lol:

6 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

When did Danny Baker become right wing? :lol:

He is apparently " A Racist " 

The pensioner-free licence fee saga has made it impossible for me to defend that organisation. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

He is apparently " A Racist " 

He’s still of the left though, very fuckin’ left so his getting dealt with harshly is evidence of the fact that it ain’t a left and right thing. 

Got his start in punk y’know, the fanzine Sniffin’ Glue, him and whatsisface whoose name escapes me now, God I’m getting old.

EDIT: Mark Perry, there you go, can’t believe I had to google that!

Edited by Len Cnut

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The pensioner-free licence fee saga has made it impossible for me to defend that organisation. 

It's just a stealth tax mate I haven't paid for a TV license for about 5 years now.

If you of you cunts grass me up .... @Len Cnut I'm looking at you :lol:

35 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

It's just a stealth tax mate I haven't paid for a TV license for about 5 years now.

If you of you cunts grass me up .... @Len Cnut I'm looking at you :lol:

I take great offence to that, I’ve never grassed up anyone in my fuckin’ life :lol:  

Just now, Len Cnut said:

I take great offence to that, I’ve never grassed up anyone in my fuckin’ life :lol:  

Yeah but I reckon it's the sort of thing you would do just for shits N giggles.

On a bit of a side note I am so hyped for Fury's fight ... Not sure why it seems like he is going to walk it.

4 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Yeah but I reckon it's the sort of thing you would do just for shits N giggles.

On a bit of a side note I am so hyped for Fury's fight ... Not sure why it seems like he is going to walk it.

Nah man, thats one of my governing principles in life, I’m kinda militant about that one.

I’m hyped about Warrington and Galahad, Fury is just a nice little afterthought.  Might miss Gala and Warrington though cuz I got a wedding thing to attend, fucking pisses me off, seems like I always miss Warrington fights for some divvy reason or another.

Fire Alarm just went off in the office.

Always love standing outside in the freezing rain in a T shirt.

5 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Fire Alarm just went off in the office.

Always love standing outside in the freezing rain in a T shirt.

So you still not out of a job? What about that guy's complaint when you offended him on the phone?

1 minute ago, Lio said:

So you still not out of a job? What about that guy's complaint when you offended him on the phone?

So I heard about that this morning actually they went back and traced the call the gods are smiling on me today as there was a server issue a few days ago and all of the recordings have been corrupted and files can't be retrieved.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

So I heard about that this morning actually they went back and traced the call the gods are smiling on me today as there was a server issue a few days ago and all of the recordings have been corrupted and files can't be retrieved.

Call him back and go ‘ahhhhhhh, Wankaaaaaaaaahhh’ 😂

• Haha 1

Just now, Len Cnut said:

Call him back and go ‘ahhhhhhh, Wankaaaaaaaaahhh’ 😂

:lol::lol::lol: Thank fuck I have my own office now days I just creased up would of looked like a right weirdo if other people where around.

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I bet Greta Thunberg lets them rip. 

Very onomatopoeic that isn't it? "Eeeh, fuckin' 'ell I've just let rip a rrrriiiight Thunberg there!!!!!" :lol: 

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

As much as I'm not a fan of the BBC I don't think they can be blamed for the pensioner TV licence thing. George Osborne is the fucker to blame for that.

I love the BBC and always will, England wouldn’t be England without em.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I love the BBC and always will, England wouldn’t be England without em.

Yeah there is something about creepy old TV presenters from the 70s who have seen more kids than a creche that just screams England!

Edited by lukepowell1988

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Yeah there is something about creepy old TV presenters from the 70s who have seen more kids than a creche that just screams England!

How many pedos have they had in almost a century in the game, what, 5 or 6?  Thats not bad going :lol:  Why are the poor Beeb suddenly accountable for the crimes of people who happened to work for em at one point?

Edited by Len Cnut

The BBC is fully of Guardian reading lefties and overpaid presenters. It was a racket for paedophilia in the 1960s. Horrendous organisation with horrendously biased politics. 

Tell ya some mad shit.

Broke my wrist back in December only just this month is it starting to feel totally recovered.

13 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The BBC is fully of Guardian reading lefties and overpaid presenters. It was a racket for paedophilia in the 1960s. Horrendous organisation with horrendously biased politics. 

A racket for paedophillia?! :lol:  Oh give over!  I think people take the Beeb for granted, what they've given the common person, in terms of like, information alone, telly was like a window to the world for the working classes, not to mention information, right there through all the major historical events, its given us arts, culture, it gave working class actors and writers a chance to contribute to our history.  The BBC is responsible for giving me my sense of humour, so much little stuff that you just take for granted because you feel like it was always there but its not, its the gradual creation of you as a person through like, I dunno, pop music, films, sitcoms, the educational shit that they used in schools that we all thought was a load of bollocks, the productions of Shakespeare and such that were used in secondary schools across the country, they are a part of the rich tapestry of our culture from the 20th century onwards.   It sort of reminds me of how people are like 'nyah, you don't need school, you just learn a load of bollocks that has no use in practical life', which is something you only hear in countries where a free education is taken for granted, everyone thinks they came out of their mum full of information.

2 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Tell ya some mad shit.

Broke my wrist back in December only just this month is it starting to feel totally recovered.

I am guessing your right wrist. Oh well, I suppose it is better than going blind. 

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Dazey said:

Very onomatopoeic that isn't it? "Eeeh, fuckin' 'ell I've just let rip a rrrriiiight Thunberg there!!!!!" :lol: 

As much as I'm not a fan of the BBC I don't think they can be blamed for the pensioner TV licence thing. George Osborne is the fucker to blame for that.

Speaking of flatulence, apparently Boris's weight loss can be attributed to his new tart putting him on a strict vegan diet.

Yes...anyone for a boiled egg sandwich?

7 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

A racket for paedophillia?! :lol:  Oh give over!  I think people take the Beeb for granted, what they've given the common person, in terms of like, information alone, telly was like a window to the world for the working classes, not to mention information, right there through all the major historical events, its given us arts, culture, it gave working class actors and writers a chance to contribute to our history.  The BBC is responsible for giving me my sense of humour, so much little stuff that you just take for granted because you feel like it was always there but its not, its the gradual creation of you as a person through like, I dunno, pop music, films, sitcoms, the educational shit that they used in schools that we all thought was a load of bollocks, the productions of Shakespeare and such that were used in secondary schools across the country, they are a part of the rich tapestry of our culture from the 20th century onwards.   It sort of reminds me of how people are like 'nyah, you don't need school, you just learn a load of bollocks that has no use in practical life', which is something you only hear in countries where a free education is taken for granted, everyone thinks they came out of their mum full of information.

''We all knew about it''. ''We all knew Jimmy was a wrong un''. ''Everybody knew there was something amiss'' etc etc - said everyone who worked at the BBC '60s-'80s. How else are we interpret the BBC than that it was an organisation that turned a blind eye to paedophilia?

I love the BBC for their online county cricket commentaries and test match special, but as an institute - the lefty-Guardian bias, the overpaid presenters, this scandal over making pensioners, including the D-Day vets the BBC were salivating over the other day, pay for their licence - it is becoming harder to defend. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

8 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Speaking of flatulence, apparently Boris's weight loss can be attributed to his new tart putting him on a strict vegan diet.

Yes...anyone for a boiled egg sandwich?

''We all knew about it''. ''We all knew Jimmy was a wrong un''. ''Everybody knew there was something amiss'' etc etc - said everyone who worked at the BBC '60s-'80s. How else are we interpret the BBC than that it was an organisation that turned a blind eye to paedophilia?

I love the BBC for their online county cricket commentaries and test match special, but as an institute - the lefty-Guardian bias, the overpaid presenters, this scandal over making pensioners, including the D-Day vets the BBC were salivating over the other day, pay for their licence - it is becoming harder to defend. 

Everyone knew and no cunt said anything very dodgey

Posted (edited)

You could say the same about Leeds Infirmary, Stoke Mandeville.  You could say the same about every secondary school in the country, kids included, that 'knew there was something wrong about Mr Prentiss', you could say the same about every street in England where everyone knows 'the weird one that lives at No 54'.  You know what I think?  I think cultures that are afraid of looking at themselves and their own inherent fucked-up-ness tend to look for scapegoats to point the finger at so they can draw a line under shit and sleep better at night.  Rape and shit prevalent in the 60s-80s, right, its the BBCs fault, thats that handled.  Truth is that its only started to come about now where these things are dealt with a little more swift and harsh, the idea of like historical accusations and taking victims seriously.  There's a bit of that in all this grooming gang scandal stuff as well, a good section of the working classes of this country find it comfortable and convenient to make out that anyone with brown skin and a beard is a pedo because it takes their mind off the fact that the vast majority of pedos in this country are non brown skinned beardios, you only have to look at these pedophile hunters and the ratio of people that they clock to get a vague idea about that shit.  Grooming gang scandals which, btw, the BBC were some of the first people to shine a light on, despite the credit weirdly going to Tommy Robinson :lol:

There was even a lad on here that said he worked for Leeds Infirmary and EVERYONE said Saville was a weirdo, particularly the nurses, was that person a co-conspirator in a criminal conspiracy or...?  This whole thing is centred around the fact that they pulled a show, Panorama or Newsnight, based on Saville...but the reason they did that is because you run a risk of getting shafted by running what could be found in a court of law to be unsubstantiated defamatory matierial.  I mean just look at what happened to The Daily Mirror with the whole Boothby/Ron Kray thing.

But more than any of that, its the polices job to pursue, nick and prosecute, they are the ones with a trail of accusations dating back to Beatles times, surely its their job to put people away?  But somehow its the BBCs fault, I find it weird.  As far as the leftie thing, thats just a given, any institute where the arts have a heavy hand tend to be left aligned because theatre/theatricals have historically been that way, with a simplistic sort of reason being that the left, supposedly, is supposed to be the humanitarian end of the spectrum, the one for the people, the one with a heart (whether that is the case or not is another matter)...and what afterall is the purpose of the arts if not the people and the celebration of human creative endeavour.

Edited by Len Cnut