inthisriver

General Chat / Random Musings

46 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

You could say the same about Leeds Infirmary, Stoke Mandeville.  You could say the same about every secondary school in the country, kids included, that 'knew there was something wrong about Mr Prentiss', you could say the same about every street in England where everyone knows 'the weird one that lives at No 54'.  You know what I think?  I think cultures that are afraid of looking at themselves and their own inherent fucked-up-ness tend to look for scapegoats to point the finger at so they can draw a line under shit and sleep better at night.  Rape and shit prevalent in the 60s-80s, right, its the BBCs fault, thats that handled.  Truth is that its only started to come about now where these things are dealt with a little more swift and harsh, the idea of like historical accusations and taking victims seriously.  There's a bit of that in all this grooming gang scandal stuff as well, a good section of the working classes of this country find it comfortable and convenient to make out that anyone with brown skin and a beard is a pedo because it takes their mind off the fact that the vast majority of pedos in this country are non brown skinned beardios, you only have to look at these pedophile hunters and the ratio of people that they clock to get a vague idea about that shit.  Grooming gang scandals which, btw, the BBC were some of the first people to shine a light on, despite the credit weirdly going to Tommy Robinson :lol:

There was even a lad on here that said he worked for Leeds Infirmary and EVERYONE said Saville was a weirdo, particularly the nurses, was that person a co-conspirator in a criminal conspiracy or...?  This whole thing is centred around the fact that they pulled a show, Panorama or Newsnight, based on Saville...but the reason they did that is because you run a risk of getting shafted by running what could be found in a court of law to be unsubstantiated defamatory matierial.  I mean just look at what happened to The Daily Mirror with the whole Boothby/Ron Kray thing.

But more than any of that, its the polices job to pursue, nick and prosecute, they are the ones with a trail of accusations dating back to Beatles times, surely its their job to put people away?  But somehow its the BBCs fault, I find it weird.  As far as the leftie thing, thats just a given, any institute where the arts have a heavy hand tend to be left aligned because theatre/theatricals have historically been that way, with a simplistic sort of reason being that the left, supposedly, is supposed to be the humanitarian end of the spectrum, the one for the people, the one with a heart (whether that is the case or not is another matter)...and what afterall is the purpose of the arts if not the people and the celebration of human creative endeavour.

My Uncle used to shag a bird who worked in Stoke Mandeville it's literally 10 mins from my house.

Anyway this was about 15 years ago and she used to tell Dan that he wasn't allowed in there on his own cos he was caught noncing.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

My Uncle used to shag a bird who worked in Stoke Mandeville it's literally 10 mins from my house.

Anyway this was about 15 years ago and she used to tell Dan that he wasn't allowed in there on his own cos he was caught noncing.

See what I mean, now was your uncles bit on the side part of a criminal conspiracy? :lol:  A lot of good people work in these hospitals y'know, people who care, people who dedicate their lives to the welfare of others, its a thankless task as well to a point, as anyone who knows anyone that works in that field knows.

Edited by Len Cnut

Just now, Len Cnut said:

See what I mean, now was your uncles bit on the side part of a criminal conspiracy? :lol:

Dunno about that but she was a bit fuckin' mental he had to get rid of her pretty sharpish

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Dunno about that but she was a bit fuckin' mental he had to get rid of her pretty sharpish

Well thats shagged that point then! :lol:

• Haha 1

You know I can't help thinking whilst in Thailand and places like that " This would be a nonces playground " There are so many child workers and stuff out there.

I hear stories some of the girls in the " Massage " parlous are under 18 it's all a bit seedy and unlawful

12 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

You know I can't help thinking whilst in Thailand and places like that " This would be a nonces playground " There are so many child workers and stuff out there.

I hear stories some of the girls in the " Massage " parlous are under 18 it's all a bit seedy and unlawful

Whatacha mean 'would be?' :lol: 

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Whatacha mean 'would be?' :lol: 

Been watching a few documentary's about it on Youtube places like Manilla are fuckin' rife with it.

If the cops ever raided me I would be forced to use the Pete Townsend defense.

Edited by lukepowell1988
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Been watching a few documentary's about it on Youtube places like Manilla are fuckin' rife with it.

If the cops ever raided me I would be forced to use the Pete Townsend defense.

I imagine its probably just as rife here, I can't imagine pimps give a fuck about brasses and like, check their ages and sht first.  I can't fuckin' stand that shit myself, brasses and that, I won't even go to strip clubs, there's something so muggy about paying to see some bird wave her tits in your face. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I imagine its probably just as rife here, I can't imagine pimps give a fuck about brasses and like, check their ages and sht first.  I can't fuckin' stand that shit myself, brasses and that, I won't even go to strip clubs, there's something so muggy about paying to see some bird wave her tits in your face. 

Been to a few strip joints in my younger years being out pissed with the the lads with a gram of Charlie up ya hooter makes anything seem a laugh.

Regarding massage parlous when I first starting going out to Thailand I had no concept of the costs and what ones where dodgey or not so ended up being noshed off after an oil massage once .... Now is that rape? #Metoo

Edited by lukepowell1988

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Been to a few strip joints in my younger years being out pissed with the the lads with a gram of Charlie up ya hooter makes anything seem a laugh.

Regarding massage parlous when I first starting going out to Thailand I had no concept of the costs and what ones where dodgey or not so ended up being noshed off after an oil massage once .... Now is that rape? #Metoo

Yeah, I reckon you got a case there :lol:

As for the strip clubs and that, I don't mean to sound like fuckin' Billy Graham, I understand that they are pretty prevalent nowadays and don't have the same stigma attached and I don't judge no one who does that shit but me personally, nah, I just can't be havin' it, I just grew up like...thinking that shit was muggy as fuck, like a dirty old men with trenchcoats stuff.  I spent a lot of my youth around Soho, like early teenage years just fuckin' pissin' around, doin' nothing and the sort of greasy balding four eyes trenchcoat jobs you used to see goin' in and out of these gaffs just left a lasting impression on me. 

Also like, I have an enormous sense of self...worth I suppose and the way prozzies and pimps talk about their patrons behind their backs is like the way dealers talk about brownheads and crackheads and like, it just instilled a thing in me where I was like, fuck that, I don't wannabe like that ever.  Y'know how some things just leave an impression on you?  The proprietors of these wanking shops always seemed to be from Malta for some reason. 

Edited by Len Cnut

18 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Thats my Nan :lol:

I saw your nan the other day walking by The Gate in the Toon. We don't have many of the Cousin It types up here yet so it is still surprising. 

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I saw your nan the other day walking by The Gate in the Toon. We don't have many of the Cousin It types up here yet so it is still surprising. 

The cousin it Types? LOL

11 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I heard there was loads of my lot up in Newcastle.  My Nans like ‘the man’, the ubiquitous ‘man’ thats been holding the working classes down, shes there at every key moment of history if you look closely at the pictures, at the steps at Nuremburg, on the grassy knoll when Kennedy was shot, my Nans pulling the strings man, she’s everywhere :lol:  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I heard there was loads of my lot up in Newcastle.

Tons but Cousin Its are rare here. 

A lot of them in Brummieland when I was there.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Tons but Cousin Its are rare here. 

A lot of them in Brummieland when I was there.

Cousin It had hair in his (or her?) face, not a dirty great big black sheet :lol:  I never been to Geordieland but I'd love to go.  It better be like The Likely Lads :lol:  Actually I know it won't, part of The Likely Lads (or rather its sequel Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads) was centred around how they were pulling old Newcastle down and replacing it with flats and modern shit.  I imagine they've even pulled the modern shit down now, for more moderner shit.

I don't really wanna see the North if its not like kitchen sink dramas, how depressing and charmless would a modern north be, looking like a BTEC London

Edited by Len Cnut

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Cousin It had hair in his (or her?) face, not a dirty great big black sheet :lol:  I never been to Geordieland but I'd love to go.  It better be like The Likely Lads :lol:  Actually I know it won't, part of The Likely Lads (or rather its sequel Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads) was centred around how they were pulling old Newcastle down and replacing it with flats and modern shit.  I imagine they've even pulled the modern shit down now, for more moderner shit.

I don't really wanna see the North if its not like kitchen sink dramas, how depressing and charmless would a modern north be, looking like a BTEC London

You have guessed correctly. Look at these modern monstrosities,

220px-Tyneview.jpg

1280px-Centre_for_Life_entrance,_Newcast

Posted (edited)

I suppose time takes all in end.  I mean I can't imagine the shit that was before it was there for centuries necessarily.  And the shit before that and the shit before that.  Probably come a day when the generations to come will look back fondly on these 'monstrosities'.

Edited by Len Cnut

4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I suppose time takes all in end.  I mean I can't imagine the shit that was before it was there for centuries necessarily.  And the shit before that and the shit before that.  Probably come a day when the generations to come will look back fondly on these 'monstrosities'.

They effectively destroyed medieval Newcastle during the industrial revolution. Central Station literally tore through the middle of the old castle. 

26 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

1280px-Centre_for_Life_entrance,_Newcast

If you squint you can just about see the hordes of elderly homosexuals that frequent the area around that place. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Dazey said:

If you squint you can just about see the hordes of elderly homosexuals that frequent the area around that place. :lol: 

It has been up for years yet I still don't know what it is? It is supposed to be something sciencey, educational, yet - in typical Newcastle fashion - there is a rather lively bar through those gates and on the left that is open until the early hours (I know that from being stranded during a new gnr show, Rose doing his usual thing).

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I know that from being stranded during a new gnr show, Rose doing his usual thing.

Was that the same show I was at where somebody chucked a quid at him and he stopped the show early?

2 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Was that the same show I was at where somebody chucked a quid at him and he stopped the show early?

It was. Boiling hot night? 

The 2012 show I got a taxi home (Rose still needs to pay me the £25 for that) but I went on the piss after the 2006 show.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It was. Boiling hot night? 

The 2012 show I got a taxi home (Rose still needs to pay me the £25 for that) but I went on the piss after the 2006 show.

I was there that night I went to all of the UK shows on that tour swear that was 2006?

I still have the tour T - Shirt somewhere 

EDIT: It was a 50p Coin 

Edited by lukepowell1988