Jump to content
inthisriver

General Chat / Random Musings

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Dazey said:

How is Saville Row a funny name? :lol: It's like world renowned for top of the range tailors.

I just think of Sir Jimmy god rest his soul and it makes me chuckle 

Just had a Mrs.Noise ironically complaining about the crews making noise ... 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched an Uber driver standing over his bonnet, gobble up two Gregges pasties only to vomit them up. He then, having picked chunks of sick out, proceeded to roll something out on his bonnet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Just watched an Uber driver standing over his bonnet, gobble up two Gregges pasties only to vomit them up. He then, having picked chunks of sick out, proceeded to roll something out on his bonnet.

wtf!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Just watched an Uber driver standing over his bonnet, gobble up two Gregges pasties only to vomit them up. He then, having picked chunks of sick out, proceeded to roll something out on his bonnet.

Is he gonna send himself a bullshit £200 cleaning bill?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Is he gonna send himself a bullshit £200 cleaning bill?

Jesus Uber charge that much? I swear a black London cab is only like £50

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I live near a Bad Bargain Lane and a Theif Lane. Housing developers wouldn't dream of naming a street either of those these days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know what really fucks me off ? House names it just sounds so pretensions.

 

Just have a fuckin' house number like everyone else you cunt what makes you so special? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Why?

16 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

You know what really fucks me off ? House names it just sounds so pretensions.

 

Just have a fuckin' house number like everyone else you cunt what makes you so special? 

Well its not like you choose it, they're already there when you buy it :lol:  Well, some people do choose it I suppose but some have them from like, a century prior, especially certain listed buildings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Why?

Well its not like you choose it, they're already there when you buy it :lol:  Well, some people do choose it I suppose but some have them from like, a century prior, especially certain listed buildings.

Most people I speak to have had it changed and paid X amount of money for the privilege just seems really fuckin' poncy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was sitting in 'Spoons when I witnessed this event. 'Spoons is a great place to observe behaviour. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I was sitting in 'Spoons when I witnessed this event. 'Spoons is a great place to observe behaviour. 

Spoons just seem to attract strange goings on in and around its vicinity 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Spoons just seem to attract strange goings on in and around its vicinity 

Yip.

Went to see Slash in Doncaster a few months ago. Left after about 3 songs as the crowd control was criminal. Next morning ended up in Don's 'Spoons for about 4 hours watching two chav mums, pram faces, faces like bulldogs' arses, with about 100 differently complexioned kids, eating. Glorious entertainment. One of the kids, a ginger specimen, removed the onion from an onion ring, sort of threaded the onion from the batter, and began to whip it around like a lasso!

And the guy serving was a dead ringer for Ed Sheeran. Absolute double. It is actually worth a trip up to Doncaster just to see Ed Sheeran there.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yip.

Went to see Slash in Doncaster a few months ago. Left after about 3 songs as the crowd control was criminal. Next morning ended up in Don's 'Spoons for about 4 hours watching two chav mums, pram faces, faces like bulldogs' arses, with about 100 differently complexioned kids, eating. Glorious entertainment. One of the kids, a ginger specimen, removed the onion from an onion ring, sort of threaded the onion from the batter, and began to whip it around like a lasso!

And the guy serving was a dead ringer for Ed Sheeran. Absolute double. It is actually worth a trip up to Doncaster just to see Ed Sheeran there.

Next day out for the family planned bit of Donny to watch the chavs at feeding time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lukepowell1988 said:

Next day out for the family planned bit of Donny to watch the chavs at feeding time.

It is a remarkable place. Everybody is in tracksuits. Even the pensioners are in tracksuits. And they are all wolfing down fast food on the high street. It is the sort of place where, if you are in jeans they think you're posh. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Why?

We will never know and there are a lot of reasons to believe he did kill himself obviously, most importantly he told his brother on his deathbed.

But there were local kids who tormented him and owned a gun. Some experts think that maybe an accident happened and he wanted to protect those boys, for whatever reason, therefore telling his brother he did it to himself. Also, if he did kill himself why didn't he do it properly, instead of having to suffer for two days? It's not that hard to put a pistol in your mouth. He had ordered new paint right before it happened and in one of the last letters he wrote he seemed to be optimistic about the future. One of the boys who had tormented him moved away with his family right after Van Gogh died. All of this doesn't have to mean anything, but it raises the question. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gracii Guns said:

I live near a Bad Bargain Lane and a Theif Lane. Housing developers wouldn't dream of naming a street either of those these days. 

Whip Ma Whop Ma Gate is a doozy round your neck of the woods. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ai-ai-ai! My wife is starting to recover and is fit to go out this evening, leaving me alone at home for the first time this year. What to do? Drink myself silly and watch Superbad, that's what I am going to do.

  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Ai-ai-ai! My wife is starting to recover and is fit to go out this evening, leaving me alone at home for the first time this year. What to do? Drink myself silly and watch Superbad, that's what I am going to do.

Mate that’s awesome news. Really pleased for you. :) 

Glad the wife’s on the mend too. :lol: 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Ai-ai-ai! My wife is starting to recover and is fit to go out this evening, leaving me alone at home for the first time this year. What to do? Drink myself silly and watch Superbad, that's what I am going to do.

Sorry, have to ask. What about the kids?

Hope your wife has fun :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Lio said:

Sorry, have to ask. What about the kids?

Hope your wife has fun :)

Oh the kids are here. They will soon be asleep, I just read for them. Now I will go and find myself a beer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SoulMonster said:

Oh the kids are here. They will soon be asleep, I just read for them. Now I will go and find myself a beer.

But what if something happens and you have to take them to ER or sth? :nervous: Not talking from experience, but I've had friends of mine had that happen to them.

Anyway: enjoy your night :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Oh the kids are here. They will soon be asleep.

Spoken like a true vengeful manic depressive housewife in the midst of a messy divorce.  :lol: *

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

* too far? :lol: 

34 minutes ago, Lio said:

But what if something happens and you have to take them to ER or sth? :nervous: Not talking from experience, but I've had friends of mine had that happen to them.

Anyway: enjoy your night :lol:

They have ambulances in Norway. :lol: 

Edited by Dazey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dazey said:

Whip Ma Whop Ma Gate is a doozy round your neck of the woods. 

Perfect example of how irritating Northern people are. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×