inthisriver

General Chat / Random Musings

34 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

I reckon either whatever it was plugged with would pop like a champagne cork into the air or the lava would just erupt out of the side at the mountains weakest point. Either way it would look fucking awesome so I say it needs to be trialled at least. 

Just plug everyone except one that is on some isolated shithole island. All the pressure will be channeled to the one open volcano. It will be hell on earth. Don't get too close. 

It is sketchy, Graeme can fill in the details. 

• Haha 1

Morten Harket is the best. The European record in the longest sustained note from chest voice in a top-40 song.

And he does it live too:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Morten Harket is the best. The European record in the longest sustained note from chest voice in a top-40 song.

And he does it live too:

He also did my favourite Bond theme. 

6 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

And he does it live too:

I LOVE A-Ha.....someday I hope to see them in concert and yeah their Bond theme as well as Duran Durans are my fave songs from those films.

So just to start this post I’d like to say that I’m not exactly proud of myself for this.

So my kid goes to an outdoor pre-school and there are a bunch of hippy dippy homeschool weirdos there. 

Jr was invited to one of the kids 4th birthday parties and the missus has a “headache” so can’t go. 

I knew I was getting hosed as soon as I heard that but took her anyway. So I get there and it’s basically an empty hall with some rank vegan food, no bouncy castle and a bunch of smelly hippies. 

Anyway I said hi to everybody, waited until the kids were playing and dashed to the off licence next door. I’ve spent the last hour sitting on my own in the corner with a large Lucozade bottle half full of Pinot Grigio waiting until it’s time to get out of here. 

The youngun seems to be enjoying herself however. :lol: 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Dazey said:

So just to start this post I’d like to say that I’m not exactly proud of myself for this.

So my kid goes to an outdoor pre-school and there are a bunch of hippy dippy homeschool weirdos there. 

Jr was invited to one of the kids 4th birthday parties and the missus has a “headache” so can’t go. 

I knew I was getting hosed as soon as I heard that but took her anyway. So I get there and it’s basically an empty hall with some rank vegan food, no bouncy castle and a bunch of smelly hippies. 

Anyway I said hi to everybody, waited until the kids were playing and dashed to the off licence next door. I’ve spent the last hour sitting on my own in the corner with a large Lucozade bottle half full of Pinot Grigio waiting until it’s time to get out of here. 

Its fuckin' Saturday innit, there's school on Saturdays?

Just now, Len Cnut said:

Its fuckin' Saturday innit, there's school on Saturdays?

It’s a birthday party nobhead. The kid goes to her school. :lol: 

31 minutes ago, Dazey said:

It’s a birthday party nobhead. The kid goes to her school. :lol: 

Sorry, I completed missed that part! :lol:  There's not one parent there having a drink while the kiddies play and that?  I thought that was standard.

45 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Aw, when your such a good father that you know how to rate children’s party’s. :) No bouncy castle?!? Preposterous! Good to know.

Your hippies stink? Ours smell of beautiful essential oils and vanilla and natural soaps. This one smells of oats, lavender and sage today :lol:

please, please tell me you’ve had enough of a sip to feel like covertly tying two hippies dreadlocks together!!! That’s a dare!

Got shit faced last night in the front garden with a few of the lads been living here 3 years and have only just started talking to my neighbours.

Took 12 bottles of stella to get me going but once I loosend up turns out is a pretty nice little community.

My mate then decided to invite the local crackhead over for a tin the bloke stands around shouting the lords prayers turns out dude works for the NHS but thats about all I could get out of him sense wise.

Dude was wankerd gave him a can and sent him on his way cos I didn't really want him around when my kid was about I get really protective also the wife coming home to find a crackhead in the garden shouting Jesus save us probs wont go down so well.

He rocked back up later with 6 cans of black label cider blokes a tank but I dount he will remember a thing I spent an hour talking about football with him and taught him Ole's at the wheel and On the piss.with George Best was a good sing a long.

Also one of the girls who works in my building walked past and probably thinks im a right head case now.

1 hour ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Got shit faced last night in the front garden with a few of the lads been living here 3 years and have only just started talking to my neighbours.

Took 12 bottles of stella to get me going but once I loosend up turns out is a pretty nice little community.

My mate then decided to invite the local crackhead over for a tin the bloke stands around shouting the lords prayers turns out dude works for the NHS but thats about all I could get out of him sense wise.

Dude was wankerd gave him a can and sent him on his way cos I didn't really want him around when my kid was about I get really protective also the wife coming home to find a crackhead in the garden shouting Jesus save us probs wont go down so well.

He rocked back up later with 6 cans of black label cider blokes a tank but I dount he will remember a thing I spent an hour talking about football with him and taught him Ole's at the wheel and On the piss.with George Best was a good sing a long.

Also one of the girls who works in my building walked past and probably thinks im a right head case now.

Your neighbourhood evangelist sounds very.... colourful :lol: My neighbours are a mixed bag too. But its cool to end up friendly with such a diverse range of people... sometimes. 

Ive been paling around with my nearly 70 year old neighbour (would hit it). We're both beer drinkers but we never drink together, I believe out of fear of discovering just how spry she is!

I am a member in good standing of the dude-bro beer circle out front on the lawn. We stand in a circle holding beers and talking as little as possible about once a week in the summer. I think we've established that we all support the local SC - I dont even know all their names! Yours sounds way funner!! I think we breathe a sigh of relief when the wives call them in for their reality shows or whatever :lol:  

And I wish I could drink 12 before our housing co-op meetings. And then after 2 hours of bullshit they all wanna go out for drinks. For me, Ive had quite enough of them all by that time. 

Fuck people who'd judge, your sing along sounds like a blast!!

11 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Ole's at the wheel is my new favourite song to sing when I am pissed.

Just sing Waterfall, it’ll be slightly less embarassing in the end :lol: 

• Haha 1

Sort of sad that it's gotten to this point, really.  :facepalm:

Seriously, what is wrong with some people?  I say just give them their Tide pods back so they leave our ice cream alone.  :lol:

52 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Sort of sad that it's gotten to this point, really.  :facepalm:

Seriously, what is wrong with some people?  I say just give them their Tide pods back so they leave our ice cream alone.  :lol:

I dont get it?

The joke is that ice-cream is so expensive that one can only afford to buy a portion of a pint? I actually saw a guy get busted stealing ice-cream just yesterday.

19 minutes ago, soon said:

I dont get it?

The joke is that ice-cream is so expensive that one can only afford to buy a portion of a pint? I actually saw a guy get busted stealing ice-cream just yesterday.

Nah Jackasses are taking the lids off of ice cream, licking it, then putting the lid back on and putting it back on the shelf.

There should really be some sort of seal on these things.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

Nah Jackasses are taking the lids off of ice cream, licking it, then putting the lid back on and putting it back on the shelf.

Gross! People are the worst. There really should be a seal.

It gave me an idea though. I was picturing KK tossing ice cream frisby's into the air and I'd run and jump, catching them in my mouth like a dog. Sounds fun.

1 hour ago, soon said:

I dont get it?

1 hour ago, -W.A.R- said:

Yep.

https://time.com/5619662/blue-bell-ice-cream-licking-video/

I think most brands do have seals.  I guess Blue Bell brand doesn't.:shrugs:

• Like 1

Your hippies stink? Ours smell of beautiful essential oils and vanilla and natural soaps. This one smells of oats, lavender and sage today :lol:

All hippies stink, you're not a true hippie if you don't stink :lol:

• Haha 1

Terrible news about the baby who fell on a cruise ship.

I know the family must be devastated, but again, people want things to be done to be safer. I feel if you're taking care of a child anywhere, they should be with you constantly and you as the guardian are responsible for taking care of them in any situation. My daughter recently went on a cruise with her dad and she knew all the rules and was always watched by an adult.

I feel that a lot of parents are trying to put the responsibility of their child's protection on other people. It's heartbreaking about that baby, but unless the window was faulty, is it really the cruise ships fault or the person with the baby?

On 7/8/2019 at 12:58 PM, Kasanova King said:

Yep.

https://time.com/5619662/blue-bell-ice-cream-licking-video/

I think most brands do have seals.  I guess Blue Bell brand doesn't.:shrugs:

I bet ice cream makers start doing this now. I know Hagan Daz ice cream has a protective seal on their ice cream. I bet other makers do the same now which means we consumers will begin paying more for ice cream.

They have since caught this stupid girl, but didn't hear what happened to her. This happened in Texas, btw! lol

1 minute ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Terrible news about the baby who fell on a cruise ship.

I know the family must be devastated, but again, people want things to be done to be safer. I feel if you're taking care of a child anywhere, they should be with you constantly and you as the guardian are responsible for taking care of them in any situation. My daughter recently went on a cruise with her dad and she knew all the rules and was always watched by an adult.

I feel that a lot of parents are trying to put the responsibility of their child's protection on other people. It's heartbreaking about that baby, but unless the window was faulty, is it really the cruise ships fault or the person with the baby?

I bet ice cream makers start doing this now. I know Hagan Daz ice cream has a protective seal on their ice cream. I bet other makers do the same now which means we consumers will begin paying more for ice cream.

They have since caught this stupid girl, but didn't hear what happened to her. This happened in Texas, btw! lol

Blue Bell ice cream doesn't have seals, but I bet they will start making them now!

Finally, they were able to port my landline to the cell.  Only thing I miss is the call id coming up on the TV.  Is there some way to get the IPhone to verbally announce who's calling so you don't have to look at the phone?

49 minutes ago, cineater said:

Is there some way to get the IPhone to verbally announce who's calling so you don't have to look at the phone?

Mine does on people in my contacts list, immediately before their ringtone. Maybe it only does it if you have personalized ringtones.