inthisriver

General Chat / Random Musings

Amazon Prime Day.  These people need to wake up and send me a link.  I have no idea what I'm buying when it comes to high tech doorbells. :lol:  Forget the surprise.  Lets just get this gift right.

3 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

I heard they won by default due to a stupid rule that in the event of a tie the team that bats first just automatically wins? Fucking lame if that's the case and we were robbed.

In the event of a tie I think they each play an over and whoever scores most in their over wins...I think, I didn't watch it myself.

3 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

I heard they won by default due to a stupid rule that in the event of a tie the team that bats first just automatically wins? Fucking lame if that's the case and we were robbed.

In the event of a tie they each play 1 over and the team with the most runs wins. In this case there was still a tie after the extra over so the team with the most boundaries won.

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

In the event of a tie I think they each play an over and whoever scores most in their over wins...I think, I didn't watch it myself.

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

In the event of a tie they each play 1 over and the team with the most runs wins. In this case there was still a tie after the extra over so the team with the most boundaries won.

They should have done a 2nd over/sudden death then imo, kind of a lame way to end an apparently epic match. I don't even like cricket I'm just competitive lol

16 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

England won in crickets? Almost as amazing as Norway being best at skiing. 

Apart from the fact half the world likes 'crickets'' whereas skiing is played/supported by a few royals and Eddie the eagle. nice try though.

So I was in Manchester yesterday and there was a lass begging near Piccadilly Station. I'd had a few so I gave her a couple of quid then popped into the nearby Sainsbury and thought I'd be charitable. Get her a few cans, something to eat and a packet of fags.

So in my head 4 Fosters is about 4 quid and a sarnie is a couple of quid so with ten ciggs I could do a good deed for about a tenner. Who the fuck knew that you can't buy a ten deck anymore and more to the point it's fucking 13 QUID for 20 Marlboros!!!!!!!! 

19 fucking quid I got stung for!!!! No good deed goes unpunished and all that eh? :lol: 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Dazey said:

So I was in Manchester yesterday and there was a lass begging near Piccadilly Station. I'd had a few so I gave her a couple of quid then popped into the nearby Sainsbury and thought I'd be charitable. Get her a few cans, something to eat and a packet of fags.

So in my head 4 Fosters is about 4 quid and a sarnie is a couple of quid so with ten ciggs I could do a good deed for about a tenner. Who the fuck knew that you can't buy a ten deck anymore and more to the point it's fucking 13 QUID for 20 Marlboros!!!!!!!! 

19 fucking quid it cost me to get wanked off by that toothless old crone!!!! No good deed goes unpunished and all that eh? :lol: 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

To be fair she was quite young and no teeth isn't necessarily a bad thing in these circumstances. :lol: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

To be fair she was quite young and no teeth isn't necessarily a bad thing in these circumstances. :lol: 

You didn't cheat on your wife?

5 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

You didn't cheat on your wife?

Pretty sure he's joking mate lmfao.

P.S. A female 007? How fucking woke.

After a weekend of heavy cocaine and alcohol use I have decided to take my life in a different direction before I end up like one of Dazey's mates.

Sobriety starts now.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

After a weekend of heavy cocaine and alcohol use I have decided to take my life in a different direction before I end up like one of Dazey's mates.

Sobriety starts now.

And by mates what we really mean here is itinerant vulnerable persons of the Greater Manchester area whom he takes advantage of for sexual favours :lol:

• Haha 1

So happy a guy from Florida caught the little 5 foot gator that was swimming in a Chicago area. He will be put in a zoo. The gator was so cute and the guy said he was also very tired from swimming all that time. Glad this was a happy ending.

8 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Sobriety starts now.

Dude, please get the help you need. Sounds like you have a long haul ahead of you. I wish you well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Dude, please get the help you need. Sounds like you have a long haul ahead of you. I wish you well.

Yeah @lukepowell1988  sort it out before you start sucking off northerners for baccy! :lol: 

45 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

OMG! lol Funny, but let's hope it doesn't come to that!

Wouldn't be the worse thing I have done for my fix ... I just need a hit maaannnn

2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

So happy a guy from Florida caught the little 5 foot gator that was swimming in a Chicago area. He will be put in a zoo. The gator was so cute and the guy said he was also very tired from swimming all that time. Glad this was a happy ending.

As a detox I suggest he rewatch every game from Man U's last season,

10 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

That will drive him to the fuckin' bottle :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I appreciate the support ... I'ts pretty strange how when your in the moment of madness you don't realise your hurting your family and those close to you or your addictions.

Oh well onwards and upwards spending more time with my Son and Wife will help for sure ... Watching United maybe not so much LOL

• GNFNR 1

10 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yeah! The legendary first run after Solskjær took over and especially the PSG game!

• Haha 1

Tell you what no matter how shit my mental state is my job always makes it ten times worse.

Thankfully my home life is really good.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Tell you what no matter how shit my mental state is my job always makes it ten times worse.

Sorry to hear it, man.

It's good people who are able to build a good home life. Thats cool.

If I had my way, I'd love to learn to sail one day and do some journeys. Coconut bikini ladies. Theres these famous wild boars on some beach in the Bahamas. Rum and cokes. Spear fishing. All that stuff. You're invited.

13 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

You'll be alright fella.  The truth is EVERYONES job is shit.  No one likes doing it.  Its just a necessity innit, its what you plow through for the privelige of making it to the sofa or the stadium to watch the football, or go out with your mates or just stay at indoors and have a cuddle with the missus.  The trick is to never lose your sense of humour because quite frankly, in the best sense of the word, thats all life is really, a big joke and you're in on it.  Our insignificance in the overall scheme of things, when you REALLY look at it, makes our problems laughable as well.  I don't mean to trivialise, I just mean like...just try to see the ridiculous side of it.  All the disgrunted lorry driving, narky clenched arsed supervisors, saddo team leaders, the curtain twitching complaints brigade, if you think about it, on some level its all quite cartooney.  Shows like The Office have been made specifically to take the piss out of our sort of workplace for crying out loud.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Haha 1