inthisriver

General Chat / Random Musings

10 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

As a detox I suggest he rewatch every game from Man U's last season,

Yeah! The legendary first run after Solskjær took over and especially the PSG game!

• Haha 1

Tell you what no matter how shit my mental state is my job always makes it ten times worse.

Thankfully my home life is really good.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Tell you what no matter how shit my mental state is my job always makes it ten times worse.

Sorry to hear it, man.

It's good people who are able to build a good home life. Thats cool.

If I had my way, I'd love to learn to sail one day and do some journeys. Coconut bikini ladies. Theres these famous wild boars on some beach in the Bahamas. Rum and cokes. Spear fishing. All that stuff. You're invited.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

You'll be alright fella.  The truth is EVERYONES job is shit.  No one likes doing it.  Its just a necessity innit, its what you plow through for the privelige of making it to the sofa or the stadium to watch the football, or go out with your mates or just stay at indoors and have a cuddle with the missus.  The trick is to never lose your sense of humour because quite frankly, in the best sense of the word, thats all life is really, a big joke and you're in on it.  Our insignificance in the overall scheme of things, when you REALLY look at it, makes our problems laughable as well.  I don't mean to trivialise, I just mean like...just try to see the ridiculous side of it.  All the disgrunted lorry driving, narky clenched arsed supervisors, saddo team leaders, the curtain twitching complaints brigade, if you think about it, on some level its all quite cartooney.  Shows like The Office have been made specifically to take the piss out of our sort of workplace for crying out loud.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

You'll be alright fella.  The truth is EVERYONES job is shit.  No one likes doing it.  Its just a necessity innit, its what you plow through for the privelige of making it to the sofa or the stadium to watch the football, or go out with your mates or just stay at indoors and have a cuddle with the missus.  The trick is to never lose your sense of humour because quite frankly, in the best sense of the word, thats all life is really, a big joke and you're in on it.  Our insignificance in the overall scheme of things, when you REALLY look at it, makes our problems laughable as well.  I don't mean to trivialise, I just mean like...just try to see the ridiculous side of it.  All the disgrunted lorry driving, narky clenched arsed supervisors, saddo team leaders, the curtain twitching complaints brigade, if you think about it, on some level its all quite cartooney.  Shows like The Office have been made specifically to take the piss out of our sort of workplace for crying out loud.

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

You'll be alright fella.  The truth is EVERYONES job is shit. 

Mine isn't. Mine's great so fuck you! :lol: 

Edited by Dazey

15 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Mine isn't. Mine's great so fuck you! :lol: 

No its not, if you could be doing other shit you'd be doing it :lol:  You tryna tell me if you had a choice between having your time to yourself and doing as you please with it as opposed to getting on the shift you'd go for the shift?  You're a liar :lol:

6 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

No its not, if you could be doing other shit you'd be doing it :lol:  You tryna tell me if you had a choice between having your time to yourself and doing as you please with it as opposed to getting on the shift you'd go for the shift?  You're a liar :lol:

I'm not. I really genuinely enjoy my work. I get to basically play with Legos on a bigger scale all day. It's great. I'd be bored to death sitting at home all day or probably in the latter stages of cirrhosis by now. :lol: 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I'm not. I really genuinely enjoy my work. I get to basically play with Legos on a bigger scale all day. It's great. I'd be bored to death sitting at home all day or probably in the latter stages of cirrhosis by now. :lol: 

Fucking agree with me now you fat cunt or I'll slice off your nipples and feed them to the gizzards :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Dazey said:

So if you didnt have to work and could do anything you want... you envision yourself sitting at home getting drunk? Bleak. :lol:

2 hours ago, Dazey said:

I'd be bored to death sitting at home all day 

I could retire tomorrow and live for another sixty years without ever getting bored. I don't recall ever being bored anyway, even before the internet when not everything was a couple of mouse clicks away. There's so much out there to keep myself busy, especially nowadays. I wouldn't even have to leave the house to entertain myself.

4 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Doesn't matter how down I get this dude right here can build my spirits.

Dazey's Tale of mixing with the local crack heads is also an uplifting read.

12 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

The truth is EVERYONES job is shit.  No one likes doing it.

I love my job!! If I didn't love doing it I wouldn't do it. 

The bloke hates his job but he has to do it*. 

*to keep me in luxury :lol:

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, janrichmond said:

I love my job!! If I didn't love doing it I wouldn't do it. 

The bloke hates his job but he has to do it*. 

*to keep me in luxury :lol:

I'm tryna make the fuckin' bloke feel better, gimme a fuckin' hand for fuckssake! :lol:

ME: Awww, don't worry Luke, everyones job is naff, don't fret petal

DAZEY: Fuck you, my jobs amazing!

JAN: Yeah, don't make us out to be normans just cuz your lives are shite!

Do you kick Samaritans in the bollocks too? :lol:  

But nah, on a level Luke, my job actually is shit, unlike Gordon Gecko and Jordan Belfort up there :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Haha 4

Few days being off the chong and beers and i'm feeling alright to be fair.

Reckon I could shed a bit of Terry being off the booze too.

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Few days being off the chong and beers and i'm feeling alright to be fair.

Reckon I could shed a bit of Terry being off the booze too.

There was nothing the actual matter with you fella, you just smashed it hard and the hangovers are getting worse as you plod towards middle age.  The ching knocks me for six too these days if I'm honest.

37 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

?

He's fuckin' lost me there too to be fair :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut

16 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Terry = Weight 

Terry Waite is rhyming slang for late :lol:

14 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Jeeesusss Coke Zero is rank

It fuckin' is innit?  I remember Pepsi Max tasting great to me when it came out but it just tastes shite now, when I try it, which is rarely.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Terry = Weight 

I was thinking Terry and June. :lol: 

Edited by Dazey
  • Haha 1