inthisriver

General Chat / Random Musings

14 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Again my soaps are interrupted by Congress and their stupid questions for Muller who is still not answering them!

What a fucking waste of my time and everyone elses time.

I feel your pain, once a year or however often it is over here the one and only bit of TV I watch (which is a soap called Eastenders) gets interrupted by Children in Need (a charity over here, they do like telefons or something, I think, I dunno).  With the irony being that it probably leaves at least a couple of million people in England wanting to shoot Children in Need :lol:

11 hours ago, Dazey said:

10592744_10154443312420702_1315130599310

Can I bring my camel? :lol: 

Fuckin' dirty fuckin' foreign goat shagging camel jockey, why don't you fuck off back where you came from? (always wanted to say that to a white person!)

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Dazey said:

10592744_10154443312420702_1315130599310

Can I bring my camel? :lol: 

Shit. Do you have some wasting disease? 

Was able to watch my soap on demand and GH showed the episode today.

If Congress could actually get something done, I wouldn't mind so much. But yet again, it was a big waste of everyone's time.

Also saw the video of NYC cops being doused with water and other things from jerks who just felt like it.

Cops just walked away. Honestly, what kind of shit is this? If cops shoot someone they get shit for it and for doing nothing they get shit for it. Some of these bastards have been arrested, but I doubt they serve any real time. It makes me sick to see people disrespecting any police. You may need them to save your life one day!

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Cops just walked away. Honestly, what kind of shit is this? If cops shoot someone they get shit for it and for doing nothing they get shit for it. Some of these bastards have been arrested, but I doubt they serve any real time. It makes me sick to see people disrespecting any police. You may need them to save your life one day!

I rarely watch the news but happened to see that very very disturbing clip. My stepdad is a retired police officer and was a damn good fine one.

People should walk one day in their shoes. They have no idea....

Got diagnosed with chronic PTSD today. Not looking for sympathy - I have a really nice life otherwise. That's just where I'm at right now. Thankful to know that I'm actually unwell and it's not normal. 

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

Got diagnosed with chronic PTSD today. Not looking for sympathy - I have a really nice life otherwise. That's just where I'm at right now. Thankful to know that I'm actually unwell and it's not normal. 

Really?  You seem such a cheery soul.  Then again, a few posts on mygnrforum hardly encapsulates an entire human experience.  Hope you do alright kiddo. 

13 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

*big hugs*

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Really?  You seem such a cheery soul.  Then again, a few posts on mygnrforum hardly encapsulates an entire human experience.  Hope you do alright kiddo. 

I'm not depressed at all. Business is going really well, I'm working hard. Life's good. The PTSD is my labour haunting me. I've been referred to a psychotherapist for some counselling. 

15 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

I'm not depressed at all. Business is going really well, I'm working hard. Life's good. The PTSD is my labour haunting me. I've been referred to a psychotherapist for some counselling. 

If you don't mind me asking, if you're not depressed, everythings going well and life  is good what made you call the doc? 

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

If you don't mind me asking, if you're not depressed, everythings going well and life  is good what made you call the doc? 

PTSD is post traumatic stress disorder. Formerly known as shell shock. It's where traumatic experiences of the past cause distress months or years after the event. While labour is a painful event, in most women the pain is forgotten quickly. That never happened here. I think about it every day. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

PTSD is post traumatic stress disorder. Formerly known as shell shock. It's where traumatic experiences of the past cause distress months or years after the event. While labour is a painful event, in most women the pain is forgotten quickly. That never happened here. I think about it every day. 

Sorry to hear that Grace. Hugs. :) 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

What about it bothers you if you don't mind my asking?  It don't have to happen again if you don't want it to presh.  Well, nothwithstanding leaky johnnys or something.  Is it just the fact that you went through it that it kinda haunts you?  Like people who get hit by cars and then have trouble crossing roads and that? 

I'll give ya this Grace, and this goes for all the birds in the world who've popped one out, I don't think I could fuckin' do it.  I mean you hear about birds having 9/10 hour labours, fuck that for a lark, I rate your bottle for going through it at all.  Hope you sort it all out kidder. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

Sorry to hear this. I am sure it will slowly go away :)

• Thanks 1

@Gracii Gunssorry to hear this. Its awesome that you're confronting this and will attend to it! Iirc youd planned a home birth and things went a different way with you going to hospital. It really is a lot.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

What about it bothers you if you don't mind my asking?  It don't have to happen again if you don't want it to presh.  Well, nothwithstanding leaky johnnys or something.  Is it just the fact that you went through it that it kinda haunts you?  Like people who get hit by cars and then have trouble crossing roads and that? 

I'll give ya this Grace, and this goes for all the birds in the world who've popped one out, I don't think I could fuckin' do it.  I mean you hear about birds having 9/10 hour labours, fuck that for a lark, I rate your bottle for going through it at all.  Hope you sort it all out kidder. 

I have intrusive thoughts and flashbacks. Most women treat it like its an event in the past. I'm still living through it in my mind. 

I know I don't have to go through it again, but I'd like to give my girl a sibling. I'm in a Facebook group of 70 women who also gave birth in the same month. Around a dozen are pregnant with their next one. I can't contemplate pregnancy again. Just because of the PTSD. We might adopt if the time is right. But that's a solution to a problem I shouldn't have. 

38 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

'9/10 hours' :lol:

My mum was in labour with me for 56 hours before they went to emergency c-section :shock: that alone puts me off ever having kids, if I ever changed my mind and wanted any I'd likely adopt.  Even the smoothest of births can be extremely traumatic, PTSD and PPD are extremely common and I wish they were talked about more.  Kudos to you Grace for sharing.

• GNFNR 1

My mum was in labour with me for 56 hours

Christ Almighty!  56 hours?!  You better get that old girl some extra special shit every mothers day, Jesus, I think I'd've packed it in way before hitting hour 56 :lol:

27 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

I have intrusive thoughts and flashbacks. Most women treat it like its an event in the past. I'm still living through it in my mind. 

I know I don't have to go through it again, but I'd like to give my girl a sibling. I'm in a Facebook group of 70 women who also gave birth in the same month. Around a dozen are pregnant with their next one. I can't contemplate pregnancy again. Just because of the PTSD. We might adopt if the time is right. But that's a solution to a problem I shouldn't have. 

Chuck a curveball at your peoples, adopt a little pakistani kid :lol: 

36 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Chuck a curveball at your peoples, adopt a little pakistani kid :lol: 

Imagine the trauma the kiddo's going to have when it realises mum and dad are definitely from Yorkshire. IT'S THE CIIIIRCLE OF LIIIIIIFE AND IT RUUUULES US AAAAAAAALLLLLL! 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Axls Rocket Queen said:

'9/10 hours' :lol:

My mum was in labour with me for 56 hours before they went to emergency c-section :shock: that alone puts me off ever having kids, if I ever changed my mind and wanted any I'd likely adopt.  Even the smoothest of births can be extremely traumatic, PTSD and PPD are extremely common and I wish they were talked about more.  Kudos to you Grace for sharing.

The thing to blame which is controllable is the NHS don't entertain women in early labour. They expect you to stay at home for as long as possible. Which makes it hard for people who don't own a car or don't have a partner for support. Taxi drivers won't drive labouring women either. So if labour isn't progressing, as it didn't with your mum, then women aren't getting the pain relief they need. I would have thrown myself into traffic if I didn't have the baby to consider. 

The joy of kids far outweighs the suffering, however you know if you want that in your life or not. 

Taxi drivers won't drive labouring women either.

Cabbies can't refuse a fare unless you're a danger to them or whatever.  Its very stringent y'know, all their rulings, the slightest humpty attitude they give you and you can take em to the cleaners, much less openly refusing to take you.

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Cabbies can't refuse a fare unless you're a danger to them or whatever.  Its very stringent y'know, all their rulings, the slightest humpty attitude they give you and you can take em to the cleaners, much less openly refusing to take you.

I've been refused plenty of times.

Mainly when It's been the aformentioned 80 mile round trip from fucking Bristol back to Newport at 4am and I look like the living dead 😄.

12 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I heard that it was due to them not being insured if the baby in born in the car. 

Brings to mind Uber’s surge pricing. When there’s high demand they charge more. So if a tidal wave siren goes off the wealthiest can leave and the poor can stay!!

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Christ Almighty!  56 hours?!  You better get that old girl some extra special shit every mothers day, Jesus, I think I'd've packed it in way before hitting hour 56 :lol:

Right?  If it helps I don't think I'll ever hear the end of it :rolleyes::facepalm: